Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 29 2014, 04:19 PM

I've been monitoring the new release thread and noticed that a few people have been getting a message saying that they couldn't work certain "friends" facilities because they "weren't friends". I haven't had a problem with this until today.

Facebook made some changes to the feed in the last day or so and I took a closer look at the links I was hitting. I realized that what I was clicking on was not a facility link from my friend, but a facility link from one of their friends that had been reposted because they had "liked" the link. The new font that FB is using makes this a little more difficult to recognize.

This may not be the entire reason people are getting this message, but it is certainly the reason I am getting it. I just need to look at the post a little closer.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Mar 29 2014, 07:48 PM

I agree with anginwhite the new face book posting are confusing, but in my case my wife's computer is in the same room as mine so we both know the link is fresh, mine has always worked fine but hers OY!

This morning she could work my services but not my factories
a couple hours later she could work the factories
This afternoon - neither

I'm still going to be up another 5 hours, we'll play "guess that neighbor" a couple more times and see......

Costa Plenty Estates
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1990&farm_ix=4
Old Mar 30 2014, 05:49 AM

alot of my neighbours are reporting that thay cant work my facilities as it says reserved for friends which i have had to advise them to run the memcash link

seems the biggest problem at present

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Mar 30 2014, 10:27 AM

FT was always my fav FB game because there were no annoying sidebar icons, no demands to do quests, and it was affordable for all. Many of my game friends are disabled or retired seniors who have more time than money. Due to array of coin facilities, they could still keep the game interesting purchasing new items.

The new earn cash for completing quests sounded great. Not. I need $92. farm cash to complete two quests, or to earn $1. farm cash. Not helpful to me at all. One of the requirements for reaching goals is that the goal (or quest) be doable. FT has now decided to turn the game into an elite club where quests are only doable for the wealthy.

I never minded spending real cash for game cash because I think developers deserve to earn, especially FT. My incentive is now gone, due to needing to spend more real cash than I have budgeted for entertainment.

I am still playing FT, but not as often I used to do, because more and more it has become like other games that I loathed.
Old Mar 30 2014, 11:42 AM

I cannot get the quest thing to acknowledge that I have 3 quests done & give me coins
Old Mar 30 2014, 11:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajrn1957 View Post
I cannot get the quest thing to acknowledge that I have 3 quests done & give me coins
It only will give you the farm cash every 7 days, not each time you complete 3 quests.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 30 2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab lover View Post
Yay,thanks Raul
My add neighbor function is still not working. It just blinks at me. When farms are minimized, only a part of the screen shows....only half of the home icon and this is all around the screen. Just started this 3/30/14.
Old Mar 30 2014, 01:40 PM

I am having a problem with the quest. I started the quest the day Raul said you could earn farm cash which was the 24th. I have completed 6 quest but at the bottom it says that I have completed 1 quest in the last 7 days. I have already cleaned the cache and completed another quest after and the number of quest did not change.
Old Mar 30 2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaMike View Post
I am having a problem with the quest. I started the quest the day Raul said you could earn farm cash which was the 24th. I have completed 6 quest but at the bottom it says that I have completed 1 quest in the last 7 days. I have already cleaned the cache and completed another quest after and the number of quest did not change.

Hi! have you collected the coins for each quest?
Old Mar 30 2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi! have you collected the coins for each quest?
No I have not collected the coins either.
Closed Thread