Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 13 2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindasue6 View Post
I have no one on my wall with work requests??? Below my farm where it shows those who have helped me or given gifts, etc., no names are listed. All are shown as "someone." Sorry I don't know how I'm really supposed to ask for help, but I'd really appreciate some. My id is 1531468114. Thanks, Sue English (lindasue6 on this forum)
Hi lindasue

I moved your post to the thread about Newsfeed and Wall Requests Posts.

Are you able to see your friends lists for sending gifts and/or trains?

It seems there is a problem transfering data from facebook to the game, as you know lists of friends and posts for the game go through facebook.

You can try clearing your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farms and check if you can see the requests.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

You can also try to restart your computer and see if you get the requests.

If nothings helps, then it will probably fix itself after a few hours . Let us know how it goes please.
Old Aug 21 2021, 03:34 PM

Default Neighbor unable to work my facility wall requests

Posting for a neighbor, because, for reasons unknown to him, he is not allowed to post.
When my neighbor tries to work my facility wall requests, he is taken to my farm and receives a popup that says "Do you want to work on facilities now and receive 2 farm cash?" but he is not given the opportunity to do so. This only happens when he tries to work my facilities, He is able to work facility requests for all other neighbors. and he gets the same popup whenever he comes to my farm, not only when he tries to work my facility requests. We've tried removing each other as neighbors and the same thing happens.
This seems like an old Farm Town thing. His account is newly reactivated, could that have something to do with what is happing?
Old Aug 21 2021, 03:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8L8K8 View Post
Posting for a neighbor, because, for reasons unknown to him, he is not allowed to post.
When my neighbor tries to work my facility wall requests, he is taken to my farm and receives a popup that says "Do you want to work on facilities now and receive 2 farm cash?" but he is not given the opportunity to do so. This only happens when he tries to work my facilities, He is able to work facility requests for all other neighbors. and he gets the same popup whenever he comes to my farm, not only when he tries to work my facility requests. We've tried removing each other as neighbors and the same thing happens.
This seems like an old Farm Town thing. His account is newly reactivated, could that have something to do with what is happing?
Hi GR8L8K8,
I moved your post to the subject thread about wall requests. Your neighbor probably can not post here because they did not complete the registration. Instructions on what to do are in the following linbk:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621566

It is an old thing, probably left over because they did not do it before it being deactivated earlier. Have the neighbor getting this try clearing their memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesn't work they will need to contact Support. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 27 2021, 03:33 AM
Account Not Linked

Default who is someone

I am unable to see who has farms to work on the wall and who has worked my farms. It is always someone. Otherwise the new formay is great, been away for a while but pleased to be back
Old Aug 27 2021, 04:50 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbet View Post
I am unable to see who has farms to work on the wall and who has worked my farms. It is always someone. Otherwise the new formay is great, been away for a while but pleased to be back
Hi Delbet,

I have moved your post to the thread for display issues.

Has this just happened today or have you had this for a while?

If you are seeing this on all the majority of where friends first names would show like the activity panel beneath your game screen, the my neighbours tab, wall requests then it sounds like you have either cookies and popupsblocked or perhaps an extension added to the browser that may be blocking them.

If it's only one or a few it can mean there's a data transfer issue getting the information about who your friends are from Facebook. In those cases you will usually see that in the my neighbours tab the name won't show, the profile picture might not show and some of the stats within a box are showing 0 and they may be at the very bottom of the list if the game can't see when they were last playing.

Another reason could be that the friend connection has been broken but if they are working your facilities then it's more likely to be a temporary data transfer issue.

These are the things you can try to see if you can correct it:
  • The quickest one is to run memcache. To run memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", which is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another browser window. Then reload and see if that has helped clear the problem.

After that if there are still quite a few showing someone instead of a name:

• make sure that your browser is still up to date
  • clear the browsers caches/history
  • checking that cookies and pops are not blocked in the browser settings. If you need help with that we have instructions for the most common browsers used here: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

• disabling any extensions added to the browser, especially any that may alter the way Facebook looks perhaps to hide ads or change the way it looks and now we are away from flash you don't need the farm town flash enabler any more.

If you make any changes to your browser, please close it for a few minutes to make sure those changes get saved, some browsers will prompt you to relaunch the browser, some don't.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 27 2021 at 04:55 AM.
Old Aug 28 2021, 01:48 AM

USER ID number ( 1145656868 )

Hello , as of yesterday I cann't receive any gifts anymore. Below the farm the avatars of my neighbours don't load and if I want to receive their daily gifts there is nothing in my gift box and the counter on the "my requests" tab does not change and when I click on that tab again the gifts are there again.
I cleared memcache, cleared the cache in Chrome, used another browser firefox and cleared the cache there too. Nothing helps.
The quests seem to work normal.
Can you adivse what to do now please?
Old Aug 28 2021, 03:08 AM

Default Gifting. Facility Work.

Just to let you know I and others I have spoken to have a problem with gifting, no profile pic and when you accept all and return all and then refresh page, the same ones come up again and again. Also when you go to Facility Wall requests there are no profile pics and it just says 'Someone' . Bottom of farm where it tells you who has helped etc no profile pics and just says 'Someone'

Seems there are many glitches lately ! Hopefully this will get sorted sometime soon.
Old Aug 28 2021, 03:23 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default pending_in_wall Facility List showing "Someone"

Morning,

Since last night all the facility requests on the "FT Wall" as I call it, don't show any names. Instead there is just "Someone" . There is no hyperlink so it's not possible to go to the originating wall.

If you click to do the facility you do go to a person's farm and you are able to work the facilities and find out who's facilities you are doing.

I am currently playing guess who it is that posted

As I said this started for me around 12 hours ago. I have cleared memcache, cookies, browser cache and checked the padlock cookie settings etc, but no difference.

Using Chrome and Windows 10

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 28 2021, 03:35 AM

Good morning. I have same problem with not being able to accept gifts. Tried everything that I am aware of to fix this but no joy. Thank you, Tina.
Old Aug 28 2021, 04:29 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmarina View Post
USER ID number ( 1145656868 )

Hello , as of yesterday I cann't receive any gifts anymore. Below the farm the avatars of my neighbours don't load and if I want to receive their daily gifts there is nothing in my gift box and the counter on the "my requests" tab does not change and when I click on that tab again the gifts are there again.
I cleared memcache, cleared the cache in Chrome, used another browser firefox and cleared the cache there too. Nothing helps.
The quests seem to work normal.
Can you adivse what to do now please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraelwart View Post
Just to let you know I and others I have spoken to have a problem with gifting, no profile pic and when you accept all and return all and then refresh page, the same ones come up again and again. Also when you go to Facility Wall requests there are no profile pics and it just says 'Someone' . Bottom of farm where it tells you who has helped etc no profile pics and just says 'Someone'

Seems there are many glitches lately ! Hopefully this will get sorted sometime soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
Morning,

Since last night all the facility requests on the "FT Wall" as I call it, don't show any names. Instead there is just "Someone" . There is no hyperlink so it's not possible to go to the originating wall.

If you click to do the facility you do go to a person's farm and you are able to work the facilities and find out who's facilities you are doing.

I am currently playing guess who it is that posted

As I said this started for me around 12 hours ago. I have cleared memcache, cookies, browser cache and checked the padlock cookie settings etc, but no difference.

Using Chrome and Windows 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tina7447 View Post
Good morning. I have same problem with not being able to accept gifts. Tried everything that I am aware of to fix this but no joy. Thank you, Tina.

Hi Palmarina, barbaraelwart, NooNoo, tina7447,

I've moved your posts to the thread about wall requests.

We are aware of the recent issue that is affecting some but not all Farm Town players, that when you have someone showing up for your friends in wall requests instead of their 1st names that it is also causing a problem with gifts.

The developers have been notified about this problem and it appears to be another Facebook issue getting the relevant data from Facebook.

Those of you that have not checked the following yet, please do any that you have not already done to make sure none of these could be part of the problem, but if they don't help we may have to wait for Facebook to fix this:
  • Check your browser is still showing up to date and that cookies and popups are still allowed in your browser.
  • Try another browser to make sure the issue is not browser related.
  • Try clearing your FT memcache. To run memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", which is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another browser window.

If you have made any changes to your browser, please close it, then reopen it and reload to see if that has helped clear the problem at all.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 28 2021 at 04:38 AM.

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests