Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 12 2014, 02:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnana View Post
Hi, sorry, I need to make sure I have this clear in my head so I can explain it to her. I have the orange irrigator and the brown sprinkler and this does not happen to me. So, if you have the purple irrigator, you should never, ever, use the brown sprinkler on your flowers unless you want to wait 20 hours to irrigate the same farm?

Not sure i understand why this is not considered a big problem. And why does it only affect the purple, the most expensive, and useful, one?

Thanks, Taz!
So you are saying that if you use the brown sprinkler on your own flowers and then use the orange sprinkler afterwards it works?
Are these on farms (for both her and you) that have just flowers or other items on those farms? If it is a multi-use farm then what you may be seeing is that the higher level sprinkler is irrigating the other parts. If it is only flowers then it shouldn't allow you to irrigate again for 20 hours. At least that is what I see.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 12 2014, 02:36 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

HI, after I wrote the above, I went to one of my farms that need planting and planted it. I then went into my tool box and moused over the brown sprinkler and it showed that I could water again in 1 hour. I then grabbed the orange irrigator and irrigated the crop as usual and it worked just fine. I reloaded the farm to make sure and the crop time had been cut in half and the brown sprinkler said the same time as the orange said (sorry, just hit me, it did not say one hour after I irrigated).

My farms are all multi-use farms. My friend specifically said that she could not use the irrigator after she had watered her flowers, so her's are multi-use, too. I will check with her and make sure she is not using the purple first THEN trying to water flowers.

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W200, MPS:F4
Old Jan 12 2014, 04:26 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
So you are saying that if you use the brown sprinkler on your own flowers and then use the orange sprinkler afterwards it works?
Are these on farms (for both her and you) that have just flowers or other items on those farms? If it is a multi-use farm then what you may be seeing is that the higher level sprinkler is irrigating the other parts. If it is only flowers then it shouldn't allow you to irrigate again for 20 hours. At least that is what I see.
The brown sprinkler is for water only and shouldn't affect the irrigating sprinklers (red, orange, green, and purple) at all, because they do different things, the brown sprinkler is the same as using the watering can, but the brown sprinkler just does it in a single click. My farm 5 is flowers only, I use my brown sprinkler to revive my flowers so that they can be harvested, then as soon as I verify if they are fertilized and all harvesting is done, then I use my green sprinkler to cut the growing time in half. I have never had to wait to use my larger sprinkler after using the brown sprinkler to water and it also works on my farm 1 which has flowers and trees, it revives the flowers to be harvested and the green sprinkler is used to cut the growing time in half. See the pictures of watering through using the green sprinkler.

Below shows my farm 5 flowers before I did anything and the flowers are dead and need revived.

The second picture shows after I used the brown sprinkler and then harvested the flowers.

The third picture shows after using the sprinkler to cut the growing time in half. I tried to use the orange, but it used the green instead. I guess once you own the higher sprinkler you can't use the others, except for the brown sprinkler since it is different than the other sprinklers.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to post a link to your farm: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Jan 12 2014, 04:39 PM

Level:
XP:

Thank you, KR, that's a great illustration! TIL not to upgrade my sprinklers any more, I'm happy with the way the orange works just fine!

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

Old Jan 12 2014, 04:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Thank you, KR, that's a great illustration! TIL not to upgrade my sprinklers any more, I'm happy with the way the orange works just fine!
The only reason I purchased the green sprinkler was for the extending of the gone to waste time, otherwise I probably would have kept with the orange sprinkler.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to post a link to your farm: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Jan 12 2014, 05:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Then I don't know why your friends purple sprinkler is doing what it is. I have the purple one, so I will test this on mine when my few flowers are ready.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 13 2014, 07:23 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Then I don't know why your friends purple sprinkler is doing what it is. I have the purple one, so I will test this on mine when my few flowers are ready.
Cool, thank you!

Visit 's Farm

Old Jan 13 2014, 01:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Cool, thank you!
I tested it Dnana and it worked fine for me. I first harvested my flowers and then watered them with the brown sprinkler. Then I harvested some trees on the same farm and irrigated them with the purple sprinkler.
So why it happened to your friend I don't know, but it is not a game wide glitch.
Old Jan 13 2014, 03:27 PM

Level:
XP:

OK Taz, thanks for checking it out, I appreciate it. I will let her know.

Visit 's Farm

Old Jan 19 2014, 06:03 PM

Default Watering dead flowers to harvest.

I was just hired for 20 farms to do everything on them. This is the first time I had dead flowers. Usually the flowers have enough water to harvest. They needed to be watered before I could harvest. I have a sprinkler. So, no big deal on watering them. The only thing is I had to reload each farm before I could harvest them. One farm I tested to see if I could get the bonus without watering and harvesting the flowers and yes, I could. I am a farmer that does every job hired for. So, I could not leave them. I watered and reloaded each farm. Is this normal to have to reload after watering even tho the flowers say ready to harvest after watering? It sure takes some of the farms along time to load much less to reload.

Tags
flowers, freezing flowers, gifts, mobile sprinkler, sprinkler, unfreezing flowers, watering