Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Default Newsfeed & Wall Request Posts

Newsfeed & Wall Request Posts Problems

No Farm Town posts on your Newsfeed:

There are a couple of possibilties for this problem. The first being that either you or Facebook has blocked Farm Town from your newsfeed. To see if this is the problem do the following:
  • Open your Facebook settings
  • Click on Blocking in the left column
  • Scroll through the list and see if Farm Town is listed and if it is click on Unblock to the right of it.

Also do the following:
On your Facebook wall , on the left side,
  • hover the mouse pointer over 'News feed' and click on the three dots to the right of it and select Edit preferences
  • then click See more options
  • scroll down to Apps hidden from New Feed. If you don't see it listed straight away, click the See More to show more hidden apps

The rest of this make take some time because Facebook thinks they know better what we want to see in our newsfeed than we do.
  • Check your neighbors timelines for posts from Farm Town. If you can see them then be sure to like or comment on them. This will let Facebook know you want to see them.

Your Farm Town posts not showing on your Timeline or Neighbors/Friends Newsfeed:

First thing to check is if they are allowed on your Timeline:
  • To check that farm Town is allowed on your time line, go to your profile/timeline and click on Activity log.
  • Find a post from Farm Town and hover the mouse pointer over the circle to the right of the post. If it doesn't say 'Allowed on timeline' then click on the circle to change the setting.
Next thing to check is if your security permissions are set correctly:
  • Open your Facebook settings and click on Privacy
  • Make sure "Who can see my stuff?" is set to Friends OR Public
Next thing to check is in the Apps section of your settings:
  • While still in your Facebook settings click on Apps in the left column
  • Find Farm Town and click on the pencil to edit your Farm Town settings.
  • Check "App visibility and post audience" and make sure it is set to Friends, Public or to a Farm Town friends list if you use that.
  • Scroll down to find Newsfeed and make sure there is a Blue check to the right of that. This allows Farm Town to access your Newsfeed.

Unable to post facility or service facility requests for your neighbors and friends:

Check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

For major browsers please follow the steps in the link below for your browser:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

*Note: If you are using private browsing either through your browser or through your anti-virus program, that will block 3rd party cookies and pop ups. You need to turn this off for when you are in Farm Town, so that those cookies and pop ups can be seen.

Wall Requests:

With changes made for posting, as of August 2018, you now can not cancel your postings to Facebook for your facilities, bonuses or ingredients requests or they will not show on the FarmTown Wall Requests.

If you do not want your friends on Facebook to see those posts you can set the audience to be "Only Me". They will show on your timeline just for you and not seen by anyone else. Once you have posted them to Facebook, if you do not want them on your timeline you can delete the posts and the ones posted to Wall Requests will still show in Wall Requests.

With facility posts you can prevent them going to Wall Requests if you wish by removing the check mark in the first popup before you click the green check mark. You can not do this with bonus or ingredients requests.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Today at 12:39 PM.
Old Jan 25 2015, 09:28 PM

Default Farm Town Wall Requests

Why do I have to refresh the Farm Town Wall Requests a zillion times to get current requests? It will show 16 hours ago, 12 hours ago and then eventually the newer ones. Then when I click on one of them it takes another seeral times to see the newer ones again.
Old Jan 25 2015, 09:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdragonfly View Post
Why do I have to refresh the Farm Town Wall Requests a zillion times to get current requests? It will show 16 hours ago, 12 hours ago and then eventually the newer ones. Then when I click on one of them it takes another seeral times to see the newer ones again.
Hi msdragonlady,
If you are going to these through the My Requests (Show Farm Town Wall Requests) tab they should be in order for the last 24 hours from newest to oldest. Instead of left clicking to go work one, try right clicking and open in a new tab. That way that pages stays there while you go to the other tab to work the one. When you finish close that tab and check the list for the next one.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 26 2015, 08:43 AM

So, this morning it only shows 2 very recent requests and then goes to 24 hours. I know there were quite a few I did last evening that wouldn't be 24 hours old yet. It's just frustrating.
Old Jan 26 2015, 08:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
So, this morning it only shows 2 very recent requests and then goes to 24 hours. I know there were quite a few I did last evening that wouldn't be 24 hours old yet. It's just frustrating.
Hi msdragonfly,
Are you using the listing through the My Requests tab or are you using the Games Feed from your Facebook home page?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 26 2015, 10:26 AM

I am using the My Requests tab. Too tough to find them in my newsfeed.
Old Jan 26 2015, 10:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I am using the My Requests tab. Too tough to find them in my newsfeed.
That picks up anything that has been on your newsfeed pertaining to Farm Town in the last 24 hours. So anything that you have seen on your news feed will be there. If you are having to go to other's timelines to find posts then those will not show there. Other than that I can't tell you why the gap in time for the posts.
Old Jan 26 2015, 12:05 PM

I guess that's my issue - it's not always picking up the newsfeed, sometimes if I reload it often enough they show up - but shouldn't they always do that?
Old Jan 26 2015, 12:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I guess that's my issue - it's not always picking up the newsfeed, sometimes if I reload it often enough they show up - but shouldn't they always do that?
Do you see them all when the first time you open it? If so then don't close it by clicking to go to one of the posts. Instead right click on the post you want to work, and open it in a new tab. That way the list doesn't change on you. If you reopen the list several times then it thinks you have seen those posts and does not show them again.
Old Jan 26 2015, 03:21 PM

Okay - so just now I went go FT. The first time I clicked on the Show Farm Town Wall Requests, just really old stuff was there. I reloaded and finally got a real list - some that probably were there this morning but wouldn't show up.

Thanks for the hint about right clicking. I don't know why I didn't think of that, I have to do it on FB newsfeed.

Thanks for all of your input - just can't figure out why it doesn't work right the first time.

Tags
blocking farmtown, can't work for neighbors, delete messages, facebook, facilities, facilities - not posting, farms - not posting, farmtown, friends only, get more clients, neighbors, posts in ft, url not found, wall requests