Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 14 2024, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaScobee View Post
It's probably "my computer". Game was freezing frequently to where I couldn't click ANYWHERE on the page either inside or outside the game. Had to force chrome to exit at least twice before I could do anything. Chrome and OS up to date.
Hi Lisa

Please follow all suggestions given in the first post, first page of this thread.

You also have more suggestions in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627590
Old Aug 14 2024, 08:23 AM

This is the first time I tried the game since I posted here.
Game is running normally and I didn't do or change anything. I don't think this had anything to do with it but when I checkd the computer about 2 hrs ago I had 2 windows updates to install (which took nearly 2 hours- and that's "normal" for this "dinosaur" of a computer that I can't afford to replace right now).
See below the two updates I got this AM:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Lisa

Please follow all suggestions given in the first post, first page of this thread.

You also have more suggestions in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627590
Attached Images
File Type: jpg update.jpg (9.5 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by LisaScobee; Aug 14 2024 at 08:33 AM. Reason: added something
Old Aug 14 2024, 08:38 AM

Quote:
This is the first time I tried the game since I posted here.
Game is running normally and I didn't do or change anything. I don't think this had anything to do with it but when I checkd the computer about 2 hrs ago I had 2 windows updates to install (which took nearly 2 hours- and that's "normal" for this "dinosaur" of a computer that I can't afford to replace right now).
See below the two updates I got this AM:
Well if you are using the computer that had always got you problems, then you know it will work slow and probably show you errors.

Hopefully it will improve after the updates you did.
Old Aug 14 2024, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Well if you are using the computer that had always got you problems, then you know it will work slow and probably show you errors.

Hopefully it will improve after the updates you did.
I do have another PC but I prefer to wait until closer to the end of life for Windows 10 to upgrade/start using daily the newer PC. Either that or get rid of BOTH machines and start fresh. As for running better after updates, I'll have to see as it takes it a day or two to "recover" from the updates.

Quote:
Windows 10 will reach end of support on October 14, 2025. The current version, 22H2, will be the final version of Windows 10, and all editions will remain in support with monthly security update releases through that date.
Other than replacing the "old" laptop, is there anything that can be done to speed up the processing of new updates? That's where it has major issues. Installing TWO updates this morning took almost two hours from my iintiating the update process to being able to use the laptop again.

Last edited by LisaScobee; Aug 14 2024 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added something
Old Aug 14 2024, 10:01 AM

Quote:
I do have another PC but I prefer to wait until closer to the end of life for Windows 10 to upgrade/start using daily the newer PC. Either that or get rid of BOTH machines and start fresh. As for running better after updates, I'll have to see as it takes it a day or two to "recover" from the updates.

Other than replacing the "old" laptop, is there anything that can be done to speed up the processing of new updates? That's where it has major issues. Installing TWO updates this morning took almost two hours from my iintiating the update process to being able to use the laptop again.

Hi Lisa

Just try to search for updates or do them as soon as you get them.

I dont get 2 updates for Windows at the same time and it is done fast (about 2 or 3 minutes).
Old Aug 14 2024, 10:22 AM

Are you running Windows 11? How old is your computer? This one was built in 2017 and doesn't meet the minimum requirements for Windows 11.
It's the older of my two laptops and right now I couldn't tell you how old the "newer" laptop is. I'm SURPRISED I only got TWO updates this morning for the older one. It's usually 3-4 at a time. The computer is set to automatically check for and download the updates as they're available. I need to hire someone to move everything to the "newer" one but I'll probably wait till closer to end of life for Windows 10. Looking forward to October 2025 :-)

Quote:
Hi Lisa

Just try to search for updates or do them as soon as you get them.

I dont get 2 updates for Windows at the same time and it is done fast (about 2 or 3 minutes).
Old Aug 14 2024, 12:16 PM

recently getting these errors when the game fails to load any reason?

2024-08-14 00:27:42.963 WARNCursors are not specified. Please specify cursors using the unique CursorsDPISelector component or with a field at component.
Old Aug 14 2024, 12:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post
recently getting these errors when the game fails to load any reason?

2024-08-14 00:27:42.963 WARNCursors are not specified. Please specify cursors using the unique CursorsDPISelector component or with a field at component.
Hi Alexm,
Please make sure your browser and computer are updated. I know most of the common browsers have just done updates and Windows have also had recent updates.

If that is not it then please try all the suggestions in the first post on the first page of this thread.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 14 2024, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Are you running Windows 11? How old is your computer? This one was built in 2017 and doesn't meet the minimum requirements for Windows 11.
It's the older of my two laptops and right now I couldn't tell you how old the "newer" laptop is. I'm SURPRISED I only got TWO updates this morning for the older one. It's usually 3-4 at a time. The computer is set to automatically check for and download the updates as they're available. I need to hire someone to move everything to the "newer" one but I'll probably wait till closer to end of life for Windows 10. Looking forward to October 2025 :-)
Hi Lisa

Nop, I'm still in Windows 10 but my computer is ready for Windows 11, I only have to take the decission

It is a 3 years laptop with all hardware and software requirements for the game.
Old Aug 14 2024, 01:46 PM

Red face

Lucky You! This is gonna be a pain in the backside to transfer
Quote:
Hi Lisa

Nop, I'm still in Windows 10 but my computer is ready for Windows 11, I only have to take the decission

It is a 3 years laptop with all hardware and software requirements for the game.

Tags
cannot load game, chrome, dotween, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading error, loading issues, saving data, settweenscapacity, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error