Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jul 06 2011, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Jane View Post
And all I am saying is I am tired of people saying we are paying for the game by buying FC items. We are not, advertising pays for the game, so everyone who plays is paying the same, with their personal information. I think it is unfair that those who don't have very much money can't play the full game. Slashkey should have a way to earn farmcash besides leveling up.
i can not understand why people thinks folks who can not afford to buy fc can not play the game to the fullest that to me seems so untrue. you do not need to have all factory to play the game or even the tools. one thing about the tools it is the players asking for them and are willing to pay it with fc. and i am sure i am not the only one tired of people that can not afford them making the one who can feel bad.i am on fix budget but i put the money that i was spending on smokes before i quit in a jar. so there is always away
Old Jul 06 2011, 12:46 AM
Account Not Linked

You can go to the FB development page and ask how much it cost to run a ad on FB...it is a very low amount.I have a friend who uses FB to run ads for their business,targeting only users from this area,and they pay a per click fee monthly.It was on average $25 a month iirc.Even if SK got a part of that,which ,as Taz said,the ones on the right side don't,FB would get the lion's share of that.
Old Jul 06 2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
i can not understand why people thinks folks who can not afford to buy fc can not play the game to the fullest that to me seems so untrue. you do not need to have all factory to play the game or even the tools. one thing about the tools it is the players asking for them and are willing to pay it with fc. and i am sure i am not the only one tired of people that can not afford them making the one who can feel bad.i am on fix budget but i put the money that i was spending on smokes before i quit in a jar. so there is always away
well said max you got what im trying to say in a nutshell

i have been struggling financially since having my first business eroded by a business partner that sent the business into a financial free fall and am struggelling to rebuild but i allocate a small amount of my income to buy some farm cash each week and im sorry but i doubt that the advertising pays for the game

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Jul 06 2011, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Agreed Max, we all have our guilty obsession of one sort or another ... some smoke, some gamble .... for me it was chocolate and for some of us we shout ourselves a little farm cash now and then to play with in Farm Town. It's amazing how much can be gradually squirreled away when we really want to do it.

Fact is also, that farm cash does not cost all that much to buy for the value it gives to us. I know the tools are very expensive in farm cash terms, but they are so very time saving for me and I absolutely feel they are worthwhile for me to have.

Old Jul 06 2011, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Agreed Max, we all have our guilty obsession of one sort or another ... some smoke, some gamble .... for me it was chocolate and for some of us we shout ourselves a little farm cash now and then to play with in Farm Town. It's amazing how much can be gradually squirreled away when we really want to do it.

Fact is also, that farm cash does not cost all that much to buy for the value it gives to us. I know the tools are very expensive in farm cash terms, but they are so very time saving for me and I absolutely feel they are worthwhile for me to have.
there worth every penny (-:

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Jul 06 2011, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
all im saying is i think the game developers are quite fair compared to other fb games

and as it is said no one is forced to buy any item.
VERY fair - I got fed-up with the other game where anything at all worth having, was real money - that runs through all that companies games. They even had a gambling game on one app that charged you to click on it.

As someone said the ads on the right pay Facebook - I have mine blocked and can still play.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jul 06 2011, 04:51 AM
Account Not Linked

i think a full top up on wat u have in stock to fill up ya facs as in 'fill all'
Old Jul 06 2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Agree and Agree....

I too am on a fixed budget and have had to find other ways to get $FT so I can "afford" the better and faster tools and factories.

And I don't feel bad at all for being able and willing to work a little harder.

Old Jul 06 2011, 07:44 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
no one is putting anyone down just valid points yes thay might get some from the advertising but being that i advertise my business on facebook down the right hand side i doubt farmtown get that as i pay facebook everytime someone clicks on it so i would think that it is actually facebook that benefits there not farmtown/slashkey

research has shown that each player to farmtown is worth about $2.00 each calculated by total income by the # of players.

farmtown used to have advertising below the game window but that was removed some time ago.
If FT only makes money off of farm cash and does not get enough money to fund the game through the ads why did it take 9 months for them to introduce fc into the game.

Quote:
The only players that can afford all the land expansions are the players that spend money on the game to get the fc facilities. Only the players that have all or most of the facilities are the ones making billions of coins in the game. The people that don't buy fc are at a huge disadvantage and are the ones leaving the game left and right. People love to point out that you can play this game for free while that is technically true you can not play the game to its fullest and that makes people mad and they leave because of it. If FT had more decorations for fc and less of the tools and facilities for fc they would probably have more players. Another thing that might help them keep players or get them is to build tools and some facilities instead of buying them with coins. I know what you are going to say now that, that would make ft like fv and you are right to a point. The thing is if ft doesn't do something to give the free players a break there will be no ft in a year from now. You all think I am wrong but I doubt that I am ft needs to change if they want to keep going.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jul 06 2011, 07:54 AM

your right i do not want to build thing and beg for the parts and never get done if so i might as well go and play fv.yes they do need to a change. but it is getting old that people who can afford things or do the ones who save. greedy and other negative comments.it is just a game that there is no high score kept it is just for fun and to help out you neigbours
Closed Thread