Go Back   Farm Town > New Forum Users > Game Guide

Closed Thread

Old May 04 2013, 08:43 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Default Chapter 24 : Gifts/Gifting/Accepting/Exchanging/Storing

Gifts/Gifting/Accepting/Exchanging

1. How do I send gifts?
2. How do I accept/exchange gifts via My Requests?
3. How do I store/use the gifts in my gift box?
4. Why am I limited on how many gifts I can send?
5. Can I send Farm Cash to a friend?
6. Can I send Farm Cash items to friends?
7. What is Show FarmTown Wall Requests?

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Sep 14 2018 at 06:12 PM.
Old Mar 19 2016, 02:07 PM

Default How do I send gifts?

How do I send gifts?

Click on the “Send Gifts” tab located at the top of your game screen.

A page of pictures of gifts will open. Choose a gift by clicking on the picture of the gift you want to send, then click on “Proceed to Send”.

(If you do not want to send gifts just yet click the “Skip” button and your farm will load.)

A new page will open where you can choose your friends to send a gift to. It will display your friends profile pictures, if they have one, and their names. The following picture has been edited to protect privacy.

There are 3 tabs above the box that displays your friends >>

Farmer Lists : This will display all your friends that play the game.
Non Farmers: This will display your friends that do not play the game yet.
Search Friends Manually : Will allow you to search for individual friends to send gifts to.

Within the box that displays your friends, Top left is another drop down menu “All Farmers”, (click on it to see all the options)

This is where you can change the view of your friends to a select group. Choose from >>

All Farmers: This will display all your friends that have played the game at any time
My neighbours: This will display just your neighbours on the game
Recently Sent to: This will display the friends that have recently sent gifts to
Farmers helping me: This will display any friends that have helped you, like sending you a gift, worked at your farm, boosted your train.

Once you have chosen your filters for the group of friends you chose. Click on each “Send” button to the right of each friends’ name to select them, up to 50 at a time, and when you are finished click the “Done” button at the bottom of the box. Your gifts will be sent and your farm will then load. If you have more than 50 friends to send gifts to, just go back to Send Gifts to send some more.

You can send gifts every 8 hours. You can also check how long until you can next send gifts again via the Show Times (Gamewide section) in the tool box. If you own the Gifting tools you can reduce this time further. For those see What are the Gifting Tools?

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Aug 14 2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old Mar 19 2016, 02:19 PM

Default How do I accept/exchange gifts via My Requests?

How do I accept/exchange gifts via My Requests?

Click on the “My Requests” tab located at the top of your game screen. The number in red shows you how many gifts you have, a maximum of 50 at a time.

A page like this will load >>

Here you can either individually accept and or exchange a gift.

To accept one or some of the requests, click the “Accept” button to the right of the picture of each gift.

To exchange it, click on the “Exchange” button. The gifts page will load and you can click on the picture of the gift you want, then it will bring you back to the accept page.

If you are only accepting some of the gifts, when you are done click the “Play” tab to load your game. Your gifts will be in your in game gift box.

If you wish you can “Accept All” gifts as they are shown by clicking the “Accept All” button. All gifts will then be sent to your in game gift box.

Or you can “Exchange All” gifts for a single type of gift that you want. Click on the "Exchange All" button, the gifts page will load and you can click on the picture of the gift you want, then it will bring you back to the accept page. and then you can use the “Accept All” to send them to your ,in game, gift box.

If at this point you have already sent gifts out to your friends your game will load and you can open your gift box to store the gifts.

If you have not already sent out gifts, then after your gifts are sent, you will have another option to “Send Gift Back to All” to the friend(s) you just accepted gifts from.

Click on “Send Gift Back to All”” and the gift page will load for you to choose one type of gift to send. Once you have chosen the gift a new box will open listing your friends’ names and the name of the gift you are sending.

Click the “Send Requests” button to send the gifts. Click the “Play” tab at the top of your screen to load your farm. Your gifts will be in your in game gift box.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Mar 19 2016 at 04:08 PM.
Old Mar 19 2016, 02:30 PM

Default How do I store/use the gifts in my gift box?

How do I store/use the gifts in my gift box?

The items in the Gift Box that are sent from the Gift Page are all combined by type. Example: When you have multiples of the same gift, instead of seeing 10 boxes of 1xFuel, you will see 1 box of 10xFuel. You will be able to keep 150 gifts on your Gift Box plus about 130 Bonuses and Ingredient Packs at the same time. Bonuses and Ingredients are always listed separately.

On each individual item you will see two or more of these options depending on the item you have. “Multi”, “Use”, “More” or “Store”

Multi: For Trees/Flowers. Allows you to use the multiplanters if you own them to plant your trees/flowers directly from storage. For more information on multiplanters please click on the following link >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...38#post5825038

Use: Allows you to plant/place each flower/tree/decoration individually. For animals it lets you place them on your farm. Click on “Use” then plant/place them on your farm. It will continue using those items until you have used all of that gift that you have in your gift box.

More: Clicking on this allows you to post a request to Facebook asking your friends to send you more of that item.

Store : Allows you to individually store each item. Crops and products get sent to your Harvest/products storage. Trees/flowers/decorations get sent to your Item storage. Bait from your gift box gets sent to your waters. Note: Bait received from sending a bonus get sent to your harvest/products storage to use in your Fishing Tackle shop , if you own one.

Can I store more than one Item at a time?

Yes you can. Top right of the gift box you will see “Store Ingredients” just to the right of that is a small drop down arrow. Click on it and you will see the following options >>

Store Ingredients allows you to store all crops/products from animals or facilities, bonuses and ingredients in one go. They will be sent to your Harvest/Products storage. Click on “Store Ingredients” to select that option, it will turn blue, then click on “Store Ingredients” again to store them.

Store Animals allows you to send your animals straight to the animal sheds you have on your farm, if there is room in there for them. Click on “Store Animals” to select that option, it will turn blue, then click on “Store Animals” again to store them. If there is no room in your animal sheds on the farm that you are on, they will not move, you can then try another farm with animal sheds on.

Store Plants will allow you to send all trees or flowers to your Item storage in one go, as long as you have enough room in your Item storage for them. Click on “Store Plants” to select that option, it will turn blue, then click on “Store Plants” again to store them.

A-Z Clicking on this allows you to change the way your view your items in your gift box, from default to alphabetically. Click on whichever option you wish to change the view to.

To sell your gifts in storage please see the following post Chapter 14 - Selling

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Jul 24 2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old Mar 19 2016, 02:31 PM

Default Why am I limited on how many gifts I can send?

Why am I limited on how many gifts I can send?

The limits are set by Facebook. Currently you can send 50 gifts at a time. If you want to send more gifts to more of your friends just reload the “Send Gifts” tab.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Mar 19 2016 at 04:09 PM.
Old Mar 19 2016, 02:39 PM

Default Can I send Farm Cash to a friend?

Can I send Farm Cash to a friend?

Yes you can send Farm Cash to Neighbours or Buddies. The requirements are that either you have been playing the game for more than 6 months or you have purchased at least 120 Farm Cash or have earned 120 Farm Cash by completing offers via the Earn Cash tab . You must also have enough Farm Cash in your account to be able to send it.

To send Farm Cash. Click on the Store icon then click on the “Other” tab. At the top of the page you will see the following >>

Hover your mouse over the picture of the amount of Farm Cash you wish to send and will appear.
Click on “Send” and a new box called “Pick A Farmer” showing your friends profile pictures and the names of their avatars will appear like this >>

Use the scroll bar to the right of the box to scroll to find your neighbour/buddy.

You can change this view to a select group by clicking on the funnel filter top right >>

All Will show both your Neighbours and Buddies
My Neighbours will show just your neighbours
My Buddies will show just your Buddies.

When you have found your friend’s avatar name click on “Pick”.
A safety popup will appear telling you what you are about to send and to who. Check the details are correct and click the green tick to send. If the details are not correct just click the red X to cancel.

Once you have clicked the green check mark the Farm Cash will be deducted for your account. Your friend will receive their Farm Cash in their Gift box in the game. They need to check there to accept it.

Please Note: If you have already sent 500 FarmCash or more in value to friends, counting Gift Certificates and FarmCash items, then you will have to buy at least 305 FarmCash or earn 305 Farm Cash by completing the offers via the Earn Cash tab to be able to send FarmCash gifts to friends again. If you have already spent that amount in the game so far, then this rule does not applies to you.

Last edited by Taz D; Apr 22 2016 at 12:14 AM.
Old Mar 19 2016, 02:47 PM

Default Can I send Farm Cash items to friends?

Can I send Farm Cash items to friends?

Yes, you can send Farm Cash Items to Neighbours or Buddies. The requirements are that either you have been playing the game for more than 6 months or you have purchased at least 120 Farm Cash or have earned 120 Farm Cash by completing offers via the Earn Cash tab.

Open the store and find the Farm Cash Item you want to send. You must have enough Farm Cash on your account to cover the cost of the Item you wish to send. Hover your mouse over the picture until appears.

Click on “Send” and a new box called “Pick A Farmer” showing your friends profile pictures and the names of their avatars will appear like this >>

Use the scroll bar to the right of the box to scroll to find your neighbour/buddy.

You can change this view to a select group by clicking on the funnel filter top right >>

All Will show both your Neighbours and Buddies
My Neighbours will show just your neighbours
My Buddies will show just your Buddies.

When you have found your friend’s avatar name click on “Pick”.
A safety popup will appear telling you what you are about to send and to who. Check the details are correct and click the green tick to send. If the details are not correct just click the red X to cancel.

Once you have clicked the green check mark the Farm Cash will be deducted for your account. Your friend will receive their Farm Cash Item in their Gift box in the game. They need to check there to accept it.

Note: If you are sending an item to a friend, the game will NOT tell you if they already have that item. Please check with them that they need or want the item BEFORE you send it.

Also you will NOT be able to send an upgraded tool to them if they do not own the previous tool. For example if they do not own the 4x4 seeder you will not be able to send the 5x5 seeder. If you try to, you will see a pop up telling you this.

Please Note: If you have already sent 500 FarmCash or more in value to friends, counting Gift Certificates and FarmCash items, then you will have to buy at least 305 FarmCash or earn 305 Farm Cash by completing the offers via the Earn Cash tab to be able to send FarmCash gifts to friends again.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Apr 21 2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old Sep 28 2016, 01:22 PM

Default What is Show FarmTown Wall Requests?

What is Show FarmTown Wall Requests?

The easiest place to find your friends Farm Town posts is by using "Show FarmTown Wall Requests". This is particularly useful when you can't find some posts in your Facebook Newsfeed.

To get to this click on the "My Requests" tab at the top of the game screen there is a link to "Show FarmTown Wall Requests". Click on that link and you will find your friends recent posts. For posts to show up in this wall they must have first been posted to Facebook. For both types of Facility work requests there must also be a check mark in the first popup for "Show FarmTown Wall Requests".

This is an example of what you could see here but they will be your friends posts. Note: Profile pictures have been removed for privacy >>

Pink backgrounds are facilities already worked.

The Names in blue are a clickable link which will take you to that persons Facebook profile.

One suggestion when working with the Wall Requests if you want to work on a request, right click on the blue link to the right of what you are wanting to do, then click on "open link in new tab".

This will open the work request in a new tab for you to work it. This way once you are done with which ever request you are working all you have to do is to close that tab and you still have the wall requests open in the previous tab so you can work the next one. Any links you click on in Wall Requests will change from blue to purple to show that you have already clicked that link. Any posts with a pink background are ones already worked.

NOTE: You will not see your own posts here.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Oct 04 2018 at 12:34 PM.
Closed Thread