Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Archives Help

Old Nov 07 2009, 05:33 AM

Arrow Errors-Timed Out, XLink, U00, Connecting

UPDATE 23rd December

Currently no one can help on friends' facilities.

We've sent an e-mail to the devs in regards to the error message as it is effecting everyone.

OCTOBER 25: Please post farm links and server numbers.

Read the following:

The technical section in the Game Guide: http://w1.slashkey.com/docs/
Computer Hygiene Tips: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=agmv5b59dpcg_9d8m2tjgj

The more you add to your farm the riskier it will become for people at lower levels of RAM. Anyone with 2GB of RAM for XP or OSX and 3-4 for Vista should be fine. 512 in XP could be a warning, and 1GB in Vista would give cause for concern. Other programs on your computer may also use a lot of RAM. Norton and McAfee use a good bit of RAM, some other AV programs use much less.

Red Flag for flash animated games:
Flash animations, like those used in Farm Town, have a tendency to frequently time out on a dial up connection. Flash occupies a lot of your internet bandwidth and may cause Farm Town to take a long time to load.

It has also become apparent that, the more animals you have on your farm, the more problems this will create because of the amount of flash required. Other farmers entering your farm may find it extremely difficult to walk around and harvest for you as it will slow down their Avatars.

It is always a good idea to ensure that your Flash & Java are updated. Load this link to check the version of Flash installed on your computer, and then check the table at the bottom to make sure it's the most current version available: kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507

Because old versions of flash player do not automatically completely uninstall when updates or new versions are installed, sometimes the new version does not function properly. Do as follows:

1. Delete the current flash player: adobe flash deinstall: http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157
2. Shut down and restart your computer to get rid of any resident memory of the player.
3. Reload the flash player from the Adobe website: adobe flash install: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
4. Shut down and restart your computer (this step is probably not vital, but worth doing anyway).

Once you have ascertained that your computer does indeed meet the specified requirements, you need to do the following:
Clear your browser's cache: Instructions on clearing your cache for all browser's. This is something that should be done on a regular basis. Most browser's, like Firefox, have an option that you can set so that your cache is cleared each time you exit the browser.

Make a point of signing off from Facebook and rebooting your computer to clear any residual memory.

These final two steps will, most often than not, clear a lot of issues regarding invisibility, items not in storage after harvesting, missing animals and a wide range of other problems that you may experience.

If you get stuck at the loading screen with a certain percentage showing on an item in your farm, try clicking on your neighbour listing tab above your farm screen. Once in the listing try entering your farm from there. This will sometimes circumvent the loading screen and take you into your farm.

IMPORTANT:
Currently no reimbursements are being made for losses.

Last edited by Double T Dude Ranch; Dec 23 2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old Nov 18 2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Albergetti View Post
Since all the changes and new added features and items, this game has really become impossible for me. Before when the programmers where working on FT it would take a day or so but I always new that the connection ticks would stop as soon as they where finished upgrading. It's getting to the point where I can't sell items, harvest, plow or plant without going through connection ticks the whole way. Counted 6 connection tick once. Try working friends farm but for some reason it overloads and will not let me sell the items "connection ticks" It's to the point where it's impossible for me to play FT because of the constant connection ticks. Have cleaned cache, old cookies, even use a cleaning download, clicked the bottom of the page for the new version of Adobe. Nothing help? Going to have to give up playing unless someone here can help me. Maybe it's my computer? Love the game hope someone can help. Thank you
Hello Anna When you say 'connection ticks' does that mean 'connection time out'? And when you updated your flashplayer did you uninstall and reboot first before downloading the new one? What browser are you currently using? Maybe try using a new browser.
Old Nov 18 2010, 01:14 PM

@amberdh when I'm farming ie...harvesting, plowing, planting, selling a box pop's saying connection tick reload. Read about connection my link, just did that. Yes when I updated Adobe flash uninstalled then rebooted. I could do it again just to make sure? I'm using Safari right now. See thats why it may be me. I have a really old computer that has a low amount of disc space. I've tried cleaning, clearing out space anything and everything. Just really afraid of getting rid of things that I may need to have it run correctly. Tried downloading google, not enough dics space. Same with firefox and Orera. Safari is the only browser that downloaded?
Old Nov 18 2010, 03:39 PM

Well, seems like I'm not alone in this, lol! Red Molly's post, clear cache, remove adobe, re-install, reboot. Look's like it just may be my computer, kinda figured. So as I grow and my farm grows it's just going to get worst as I get more. Its fun, so I'll play till it can't handle the load anymore. Thank'S all, at least I know what's going on now. Thank you
Old Nov 18 2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Momma View Post
I bought the 16x harvester and plower but it will not work. When I click on it tells me that saving farm town data and then tells me that connection is lost. I am feeling so flustrated. Is anyone else haveing this problem and how do I let farm town designers know of my issue.
Continuously getting the saving farmtown data, then connection time out, sheesh
Old Nov 18 2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Douglas View Post
Continuously getting the saving farmtown data, then connection time out, sheesh
What, if anything, have you done to resolve the issue? Just so we can narrow down possibilities why this may be happening.
Old Nov 19 2010, 02:29 PM

Getting timed out, error u00 all the time now. I've been playing for a little over a year now. Everything was great and fun until the updates around June/July. Could not longer play without getting the u00, timed out a lot. Mostly when I tried to worked on other people's farms. But also when I was just planting or watering. My Mac was kinda old, so thought that was it. So, the Mac died and I got a new Mac with new software, everything. Got back to playing Farmtown. It was great for a couple of weeks. Then the latest update made it impossible to enjoy again. I've done all that has been asked, repeatedly. Clearing cache, deleting macromedia files, ya da ya da. I was so ready to invest some real cash into this game but not now. Any other suggestions other than what I've seen here already. Doesn't seem to make any different. I haven't tried uninstalling Flash and reinstalling because I just did that a month ago with the new computer and have checked that I have the latest version. Playing through Facebook on a MacBook Pro with plenty of ram and using Safari.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_ix=0
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_ix=1
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_ix=2
Old Nov 19 2010, 03:43 PM

Same here with " saving farmtown data" and the timeouts. Have done all the recommended stuff! Its very annoying !
Old Nov 19 2010, 04:28 PM

These timed out is getting IMPOSSIBLE to play.....As Ive said b4 I just have to go onto my farm and it says "Connection timed out hit green key to reload"....NINE times in under 2 mins..Now Ive noticed that b4 they fixed the bulldozer issues I was conecting at W45/8?...Cant remember which...but now its WF8....Thats when the problems began.....Maybe a coincedence dunno....But this doesnt seem to be a isolated incident....Ive never had so many problems since this last upgrade......Its not fun on FT no more...
Old Nov 19 2010, 07:04 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Timing out

I wouldlike to know why farmtown
"times out, lost connection" an awful lot lately. Just a few mins ago it timed out 3 times in a row on me. Please fix this it is annoying

Tags
can't connect, connection problems, error, error details, error u00, reloading game, server issues, time out errors, timed out, timing out