Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 28 2011, 10:01 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGecko View Post
Are we there YET?

If the Devs posted a comment that they had wanted to give us farm 11 but due to complications couldn't, I would not be bothered. If they said they were having ANY sort of difficulty and there would be no release for a few more weeks, I would understand. It's NOT knowing that is annoying. And yes, I know it's none of our business and we should be grateful for what we have. BUT... I'm a cow of a person and greedy and hungry for that extra farm.
Yeah Ive also raised this point and I agree. We dont have to hold the devs accountable for a date set in stone.. but with all the hysteria on here surely it isnt too much to ask that we be informed if its on the cards this week or not. At last Tony, bless his heart, has just said something to us. I dont agree when you say its none of our business.. I think we spend a fair bit of our own money on here so I'd like to think its a 2 way street. Alas, Im sure it will all come in good time.. probably when Al is away on holiday hahahaha
Old Aug 28 2011, 10:35 AM

I agree too. I don't think it would be that much to ask for Raul, or someone, to give us information on the progress of the next update. Every other game I have ever played regularly communicates with its players. Slashkey is particularly bad at it. I understand that typically developers may not be the most social of human beings, but they could certainly funnel info through a mod if they don't want to interact directly in the forums. Or, novel thought, they could actually hire someone to handle their public relations/communications/marketing. Maybe if they had someone actually working to market the game they'd get more users. I don't need to know to the hour when an update is going to happen, or even to the day for that matter, but I would like to know that an update is going to happen soon and maybe what is causing the delay. If there are problems that are being worked through, we would all understand that and would likely simmer down.
Old Aug 28 2011, 10:49 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesdreher View Post
I agree too. I don't think it would be that much to ask for Raul, or someone, to give us information on the progress of the next update. Every other game I have ever played regularly communicates with its players. Slashkey is particularly bad at it. I understand that typically developers may not be the most social of human beings, but they could certainly funnel info through a mod if they don't want to interact directly in the forums. Or, novel thought, they could actually hire someone to handle their public relations/communications/marketing. Maybe if they had someone actually working to market the game they'd get more users. I don't need to know to the hour when an update is going to happen, or even to the day for that matter, but I would like to know that an update is going to happen soon and maybe what is causing the delay. If there are problems that are being worked through, we would all understand that and would likely simmer down.
Very well said!
Old Aug 28 2011, 10:52 AM

I tend to agree about sharing information on future enhancements, changes, releases... etc

However, judging from the information post(s) at the time of a release, and the accompanying spelling and grammar.... well, I would not suggest that Raul or one of his cohorts be asked to keep us up to date (could be more confusing)

Therefore, I submit that Mr Downunder, Tony, be nominated as the go-between, or the Press Secretary, for the devs. In the US we have daily press releases from the white house. But FT is much more important than that, so we could have a P/R maybe twice a week

what, when, where, why, how

I realize that each P/R would be only based on "anticipated" changes.

And I second the motion for a concentrated effort to advertise and promote the game.

Who know, maybe many, MANY, former players who only tried it for a short time, or became bored in the early days, will return.

They would certainly be shocked at how far the game has come.

Old Aug 28 2011, 10:59 AM

Now we don't want to give the dev's new releases burn out, I am sure the new release will come in perfect timing. I already have my farm 11 planned out. Oh are we going to ever expand our farms to 26x26? Just curious.
Old Aug 28 2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavanah View Post
Now we don't want to give the dev's new releases burn out, I am sure the new release will come in perfect timing. I already have my farm 11 planned out. Oh are we going to ever expand our farms to 26x26? Just curious.
No, we wont be able to ever expand farms to 26 by 26, something to do with the servers not being able to cope with a farm that size as it just about manages now with 24 by 24 i heard somewhere xx
Old Aug 28 2011, 11:12 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavanah View Post
Hi,

That question has been asked in the past and the reply we got was that
Quote:
largest farm size is 24x24, and will never extend beyond that for technical reasons, mainly down to the fact that the server load is too heavy.
So unless that changes, it's unlikely.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Aug 28 2011, 11:16 AM

Well, the devellopers are unwilling to give us information, although many people request answers. With this method they lost many people playing that game. If they want to continue like that, do so, we have enough alternatives if they think they can behave like that.

But the worst is, that when an update comes out, most of the players slime like babies how great the update is. Actually I expect a little more now then farm 11, 12, 13... and some new and new facilities. This game needs a new drive with a really new idea (like once harvesting animals, the appearance of facilities, tools). Come on, wake up.

In order not to loose gamers, devellopers should really start with something new and telling us on which new idea they are working.... if they do so, what I doubt.... communication is a perfect thing....
Old Aug 28 2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel22 View Post
No, we wont be able to ever expand farms to 26 by 26, something to do with the servers not being able to cope with a farm that size as it just about manages now with 24 by 24 i heard somewhere xx
I thought one of the post said it was a flash player issue. Either way, 24x24 is actually 32x32 plots when you take the space out between the plots. That really is a great deal of space to farm, and plant flowers and trees.

Then add to that the gliche that allows for layering, that's a great deal of data, if someone were to do a field of layered plots (up to 9 on each one), then a layer of flowers, and then a layer of trees, and then facilities, building and decoration, animals running around and a overall ground cover - that's a ton of little bytes for the servers & flash to handle!
Old Aug 28 2011, 11:30 AM

I don't understand why every one is getting upset, when the new update comes out it comes out. Yes I want new toys also but come on guys give Raul and the team a break they must have there reasons.
Closed Thread