Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 10 2015, 01:38 PM

Ouch! It appears there was a bug in the data conversion for selecting/de-selecting facilities in the Facility Manager. It appears to have only affected the service facilities.

There are several products that I always leave UNchecked within some of the service facilities that are also used elsewhere, because I don't make enough to BOTH fill the service facility and use it in other places.

For example (and the one that hurt ), in the Fishing Tackle Shop, I always leave Seawater Bait and Freshwater Bait unchecked, because I don't make enough to both fill the facility and go fishing. So, I click Load All, then go in and manually load a few batches. But when I did so today and opened the facility, I found Seawater checked and Freshwater unchecked. And little Seawater Bait left.

If this had happened in just this facility, I'd claim senior moment, but it happened in 6 other facilities.

This is why you sometimes have to say, "It's only a game." LOL
Old May 10 2015, 02:53 PM

I did all you asked and it happened again, went to work a factory post and couldnt load the farm, reloaded my farms and found that everything was switched on again and the tools I normal have showing on the bottom bar had reverted again to what they used to be years ago, all my settings had changed. I went to market to sell, and everything I had ticked again was unticked. Really cant do that anymore so wont go and sell again for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Hello Lpeak,

I haven't seen anyone post about this before. First check and make sure that your date/time is correct on your computer, if it is off it could possibly do some strange stuff.

If that isn't off then you could try to clear the FT memcache.

To clear the Farm Town memcache close your game if it is open, then click the following link: https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

The FT memcache is different than your computers cache, the memcache is on Slashkey's servers and some times old data or bad data gets into the memcache and needs to be cleared. The memcache shouldn't be used all the time, because it clears all the data and when you log back into your farm it will take a little longer since it has to load all the data. After clicking on the link a page of unsettings will appear, this is the memcache clearing and once the page is finished you can close that tab and close you game if it is open, then you can clear your computers cache, cookies, and history. Then you can close your browser, then you can open up your browser again, and open your farm and see if it is working.
Old May 10 2015, 03:04 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Hello Lpeak,

I haven't seen anyone post about this before. First check and make sure that your date/time is correct on your computer, if it is off it could possibly do some strange stuff.

If that isn't off then you could try to clear the FT memcache.

To clear the Farm Town memcache close your game if it is open, then click the following link: https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

The FT memcache is different than your computers cache, the memcache is on Slashkey's servers and some times old data or bad data gets into the memcache and needs to be cleared. The memcache shouldn't be used all the time, because it clears all the data and when you log back into your farm it will take a little longer since it has to load all the data. After clicking on the link a page of unsettings will appear, this is the memcache clearing and once the page is finished you can close that tab and close you game if it is open, then you can clear your computers cache, cookies, and history. Then you can close your browser, then you can open up your browser again, and open your farm and see if it is working.
Yesterday I sold ingredients not needed for me. I found out after the fact some how some of my items had come recheked I guess. Lost all my Acorn Squash, brussel sprouts, chicle and parsnip which I had been saving. Now they are all gone and yet the boxes are still unchecked. Just want to warn everybody to be careful. I also went and sold half of my walleyes and they were all gone except for harvest after I sold what I thought was half.
Old May 10 2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmm6 View Post
Yesterday I sold ingredients not needed for me. I found out after the fact some how some of my items had come recheked I guess. Lost all my Acorn Squash, brussel sprouts, chicle and parsnip which I had been saving. Now they are all gone and yet the boxes are still unchecked. Just want to warn everybody to be careful. I also went and sold half of my walleyes and they were all gone except for harvest after I sold what I thought was half.
Hi docmm6

Since this release you have 3 option for selling Non Ingredients and Non ingredients for me

If the setting was for Sell All, then all your products were affected.
Old May 10 2015, 08:36 PM

Sounds interesting, and I might find some use for the improvements, But a new tool would be nice. Like our farm map changing colors when there is a crop ready. just like when the farm is fertilized. The other thing I have been hoping for is the means to send "anything" to a neighbor that may not have the money or levels. Items that could be used in the quest.
Congrats to this months contest winners.
Old May 11 2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dross999 View Post
I also have had the same issue twice today. I will clear memcache and see if it helps...
After clearing the memcache, I again reset all my system preferences, recreated all my tool short cuts, and painstakingly re-selected all items for sale. For the duration of yesterday, all seemed to be well. However, when I loaded FT this am, all system preferences had been set to default, my tool shortcuts had disappeared, and after working a couple of facilities for my neighbours, I discovered that all the items in storage had to be selected again for sale. This is becoming very tedious. Any help you can provided is greatly appreciated.
Old May 11 2015, 07:45 AM

In the facility manager, the mouse scroll wheel moves 2 pages instead of 1.
Old May 11 2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
After clearing the memcache, I again reset all my system preferences, recreated all my tool short cuts, and painstakingly re-selected all items for sale. For the duration of yesterday, all seemed to be well. However, when I loaded FT this am, all system preferences had been set to default, my tool shortcuts had disappeared, and after working a couple of facilities for my neighbours, I discovered that all the items in storage had to be selected again for sale. This is becoming very tedious. Any help you can provided is greatly appreciated.
Hi dross999

I'm sorry you are having these problems. Please check your date (day, month and year) and time in your computer. If any of them is wrong this kind of problems can happen.
Old May 11 2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingman9517 View Post
In the facility manager, the mouse scroll wheel moves 2 pages instead of 1.
Hi bingman9517

The scroll is quite sensitive, you just need to be a little more gentle with your mouse wheel, it is only a soft touch on it and it will scroll only 1 page.
Old May 11 2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I also have had the same issue twice today. I will clear memcache and see if it helps...
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi dross999

I'm sorry you are having these problems. Please check your date (day, month and year) and time in your computer. If any of them is wrong this kind of problems can happen.
Thanks Marymarcel, but I checked the date and time before I posted. I'm not the first to report this. I posted yesterday in response ti another post that KnightRider responded to indicating:

"Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Hello Lpeak,

If that isn't off then you could try to clear the FT memcache."
Closed Thread