Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 30 2011, 12:56 PM

Also want to tell you how great the water looks, so very realistic! Love it. It is so nice to know that while we try to make our farms be not only functioning farms, we also like for them to look nice, sometimes VERY nice. It is good to know that you care as much as we do about the appearance of our little homesteads.

I also appreciate all the great updates and my 8th farm, yay. Not being a terribly patient person, lol, I was really looking forward to it's release, but I sure didn't expect all of the other great things you gave to us along with it. Keep up the great work. We do appreciate it.

I do have a question and lots of suggestions, but will try to keep those to a minimum, since you all seem to be doing so well on your own. My question is - where do my chopped oak and pine logs keep disappearing to? I will empty my cache, sell all my things from storage that aren't needed for production, chop my trees, go look in storage and they just aren't there. On occasion, I have the same problem with wheat and sugar, and you know how much of that we all use, so I can't be losing such important crops. Any suggestions other than the ususal ones, because I really have done "the list". Thanks

Now, about the suggestions: My first is just in agreement about lowering the number of clicks. Like the ones who said that there are just too many clicks ( no carpel tunnel yet, but it is giving me shoulder problems, lol, that and old age) one click to load, one click to sell all non-necessary products for production (with maybe a lock button on those items, just in case someone is holding them, thinking that they may be added soon to a production line, like the flax just was) just anything to make production faster and more efficient. I love my farms and factories, but just don't have all the time or energy right now to do all of this clicking. In relation to that, could the tree shaker and flower harvester just do the whole farm with one click also. Again, there could be a lock button for each set of trees and flowers so that those could not be included in the harvest. Perhaps a button on the top bar that would pull down, show each type of tree and flower on that farm and have a "do not harvest" box next to it, similar to the ones we have to block trees, flowers, etc. I love both of these tools, but a one click would make it even more productive and much faster.

I am for making anything faster and with less clicks, so how about a fishing boat that takes one click? We get all of the fish (BTW, love the new bait and 2X the fish!) and can do it quickly without all of those clicks again. The boat, when it was released was my fav new thing, but still so many clicks when added in with all of the other clicking going on. I didn't mind all the clicking so much in the past, but now that the old body is beginning to complain, I sure don't want to have to stop playing my favorite and one & only farm game - Farmtown Rocks!

Thank you for more storage, needed it badly, hope you can continue adding as you add more factories, new plants and trees, etc. I try to keep my items in storage down as best I can, but once again, all that clicking slows down progress. Oh, and can we get a little more storage for items? You give us such great stuff, especially at the holiday times, and most of it I want to keep, but even though I have the max number of neighbors, I keep getting the message that my storage is full. And how about giving the big barn storage use, perhaps we could store all of our tools in it? I have one, but it also is in storage because since it has no functional use, at this time, I had to use the area it was on for a facility that does have a use. Just a thought

But, to get back to my original reason for leaving a message, thank you very much for all of your hard work, all the farms, all the great updates, and now, going back and updating the look of the water, just super - all of you. Now, I need to get back to my clicking ;-)
Old Jan 30 2011, 09:49 PM

Love the new water color! LOVE the new Valentine's day stuff! Thanks for keeping old stuff and adding new this year! My All Seasons Farm is looking quite lovey-dovey now! Uh....so what about #9? (tee hee....couldn't resist a jab)
Old Jan 30 2011, 09:51 PM

My husband and I were watching a documentary about Pompeii the other night, and then coincendtly my grandaughter is studying about it in school right now. So last night I woke up from a nightmare about all the new gift items were made of black ash. Think I need a break?
Old Jan 30 2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Hazel View Post
My husband and I were watching a documentary about Pompeii the other night, and then coincendtly my grandaughter is studying about it in school right now. So last night I woke up from a nightmare about all the new gift items were made of black ash. Think I need a break?
From watching documentaries ?? Might help
Old Jan 31 2011, 09:39 AM

If you want the bait, then you would use it for fishing. It will magically appear and be used as you fish on your farm. If others fish on your farm, they will use your bait (as its to your benefit that they are fishing for you).

If you dont want the bait, when you get it as a gift, exchange it for something you want by hitting the exchange button in the gift acceptance screen.
Old Jan 31 2011, 09:44 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Hazel View Post
When did you have time to watch a documentary??? Were any crops lost while you were watching it? Now THAT would be a nightmare!
Old Jan 31 2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelinl View Post
Is anyone else experiencing problems with fields partially going back to a previous layout and animals disappearing out of the barns? It is about to drive me insane!!
Yes I have just started noticing that in the last few days....I took great pains re routing gifts and changing them into hens....then loading the new hens in my coops and half of them are gone.

Speaking of gifts...why do the hens and cows pictures get all jumbled up on the gift page listing? When it starts to do this, I notice that transferring them to the farm starts to slow down, and I have to go dump cache, temp files like every three animal placements. Quite maddening and very slow.
Old Jan 31 2011, 11:44 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

First, thank you for all the wonderful updates. Still waiting for sand cover and alternate views of some of the older facilities.

A couple of other things I have seen posted here I wanted to address. I am definitely all for a fill all button for facilities, as I have all that are available and it takes me probably an hour to two a day to fill depending on how many friends work them.

The storage issue. I see people all the time complain about things going missing, or storage being too full. Not including ingredients from my facilities, I have over 1.2 million of raw crops/flowers/fish in storage. The only time I ever get a notice of being full is if I empty all my facilities at once without having emptied for a couple weeks. I just don't understand all the complaining.

Next is all the begging for being able to harvest with one click. For pete's sakes this is a farming game. Don't plant so much if you don't want to click. I have 4 farms that are completely covered with trees. I can harvest all of them in under 15 minutes. I have 4 large coasts, 4 lakes, and 33 small sea coasts that I harvest alone.. It takes under 20 minutes. Yes I have the tools to do them and that's enough for me.

If you don't want to spend the time to do the work, don't create so much work. There is a difference between making a suggestion and whining because you want it ALL and are to lazy to earn what you get.
Old Jan 31 2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch_Stone2002 View Post
Yes I have just started noticing that in the last few days....I took great pains re routing gifts and changing them into hens....then loading the new hens in my coops and half of them are gone.

Speaking of gifts...why do the hens and cows pictures get all jumbled up on the gift page listing? When it starts to do this, I notice that transferring them to the farm starts to slow down, and I have to go dump cache, temp files like every three animal placements. Quite maddening and very slow.
I cant find a post to post this to, so I guess Ill post it here....I have a very hard time finding threads, maybe some remedial instruction? Search does not work for me.

Anyway...I have a suggestion for the animals that go into sheds, coops sty's etc....when we receive them as a gift, it takes 6 clicks per animal to load it into the desired facility. The game started out with all the animals going straight onto the farm, there were no facilities to put them in. Now that there are, I would hope the default would be the animal goes straight into the shed on that farm. If we want to pull them out, we can do so.

Or maybe better yet...when we accept them as a gift, have a default in our tools list to place them on farm, or place then in a shed.

Something...anything to reduce the clicks! (My carpel is tunneling from all the clicking too! )

I appreciate all the Devs do...the game is basically a fun and relaxing experience. This is a beta game, and improvements should be welcomed, and I see a lot of ideas that started out as discussion on the forums come to fruition in the game.

Keep up the great works guys!
Old Jan 31 2011, 01:46 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch_Stone2002 View Post
I cant find a post to post this to, so I guess Ill post it here....I have a very hard time finding threads, maybe some remedial instruction? Search does not work for me.
Hi,

I shortened your post quoted in mine just to show what i'm answering.

Top left of this page, just under "slashkey.com" is "Farm Town". Click on that and it will show you the main sections in the forum. You can then click on those sections to show the various threads within that section.

To post in suggestions , click on that link and look for the most appropriate thread for your idea, and post it as a reply there. Here's the link to suggestions...
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Closed Thread