Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Arrow Animals

ANIMALS

This thread is for reporting problems with animals.
Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you.

Before posting a general question please check the Game Guide : Chapter 12 - Animals

Animals on display can be a huge drain on resources so don't place a lot of them on your farm. If you are buying animals to put into animal sheds we suggest you don't buy more than 100 of any one animal at a time, before storing them, especially if you have an older computer as those will have more problems loading animals on display. It’s always best to place the animals into their relevant buildings wherever possible. You will need animals in your animal sheds to harvest the animals for their products to sell at market or to use in your facilities.

There are two options to help with loading issues on farms with many animals:
  • In your game preferences, check the box next to “Freeze Animals” option.
  • When hired to work, you can also deselect the “Show Animals when Not At Home” option.
    To get to your game preferences, click on the wrench icon top right of your game screen, it looks like this...

You can have 250 animals of each kind in their respective regular buildings or 500 of each kind in the super buildings.

You can have one of each type regular OR super animal shed on each of your farms NOT both.

Animals from the cattle car train get sent to your Item storage, from there you can place them directly into their buildings using the move feature.

You can change the behavior of whether animals are free to move around the farm or are static. To change the setting go to the farm then click on the name of that farm at the top of your screen and you will be able to select either Always Freeze Animals on this Farm OR Never Freeze Animals on this Farm. Please remember that a considerable amount of animals on a farm, not in buildings can make that farm slow to load.

Solutions for problems moving animals or other items:
  1. If you are trying to highlight an animal to move it or store it and it won't highlight, it might be because it is too close to other items or sitting on top of growing crops that are visible. Hide everything in your preferences and then open your yellow toolbox and click on the Yellow Edit Hand. Try to move it with that. If you are wanting to store it, move it to a clear spot then try to store it.

2. If you are trying to add animals to buildings and are having trouble clicking on them.... Try using the "Add Animal to Building Tool" located in your extended tool box.

If that does not work open your yellow toolbox and click on the magnifying glass. Type in the name of the animal, then choose the option "Hide Non-matching Items". Everything except the animal you are searching for will now be hidden. You can then either click on the animals to add them to your buildings or try the Add Animal to Building Tool again. Once you are done click on "Show Items" bottom right of your game screen to bring the other items back into view or you can reload the farm.

You can also do this with the "Add to Item Storage Tool" if you're trying to add animals to your Item storage.

3. In your "preferences" deselect all the options for "show trees, buildings, flowers, decorations" etc, then refresh the farm and try moving the animals again.

4. If you are in full screen mode, return to normal screen. Zoom in as close as possible to the animal before trying to move.

5. Try clicking on the animal/item even if it doesn't get highlighted - most times you will activate the menu to move it.

6. Try deselecting the "Freeze Animals" option checked in your Game Preferences. This could cause the highlighting option to fail when moving your cursor over them. It will also allow the animals to roam to another part of your farm (away from crops, buildings, fences etc) where it will be easier to highlight. Remember to change the setting back when you are done, if you wish to.

7. Close Farm Town, clear browsers cache and try again.

8. Often if you are having issues clicking on an item, or getting the drop down menus to function, it is a symptom of having an old version (or corrupted file) in your flash player. Go to the adobe com site and use their uninstaller to uninstall your flash. Then, after clearing your cache and rebooting your computer (to get rid of any remnants), go back to adobe.com and install the latest available version of the program.

When posting for assistance please try and include a Link to your farms and include the farm number you are having problems with.

For help with getting your farm link or linking your farm to the Forum, click on this link: https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662838

For Suggestions on Animals go here: Animals both producing and non-producing

Please note:- This thread is for Help and Support only, any off topic posts may be moved or deleted without notice.

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 28 2023 at 03:24 PM.
Old Dec 23 2020, 08:47 PM

hello.

try as i might, the game wont' let me harvest white rabbits that i have stored in the rabbit hutch. green words "ready to harvest." hit play. logged out, back in. etc etc. looked at the question mark and everything i can click.

i concede. HELP!
Old Dec 23 2020, 09:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0202NWOTMRAF View Post
hello.

try as i might, the game wont' let me harvest white rabbits that i have stored in the rabbit hutch. green words "ready to harvest." hit play. logged out, back in. etc etc. looked at the question mark and everything i can click.

i concede. HELP!
Hi 0202Nwotmraf,
When did you add the rabbit hutch and white rabbits? When you first buy the rabbit hutch it will tell you "ready to harvest" until the first time you can harvest them and after that will show the time. The rabbit hutch can only be harvested every 2 days.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 24 2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi 0202Nwotmraf,
When did you add the rabbit hutch and white rabbits? When you first buy the rabbit hutch it will tell you "ready to harvest" until the first time you can harvest them and after that will show the time. The rabbit hutch can only be harvested every 2 days.

hello. thanks, that is probably what it is. i wouldn't have made a post but i needed the fur for a quest and it was holding things up. not sure what day i bought it but i will wait until weekend and see what happens. thanks as usual.
Old Dec 25 2020, 01:37 PM

Default Super Stable issue!

I hope I am in the right place here. Ok as I am getting stuff organized before the migration and my eye surgery I realized a Super stable I have Farm 31 is not going past 250 animals. In my facility manager it has the image of Super Stable on Farms 1 and 36 but but on the farms they are on 31, and 17, but none say Super Stable. I bought the one on 31 years ago and never realized it was malfunctioning until today. The one on 17 I bought in the last week or so, and I fear it may stop at 250 too.
Can anyone offer assistance in this matter?
I cannot find info on the animal shed at the moment and was wondering if the Super Stables have more capacity like the super dairy sheds? I have a new Super Stable on 17, but its not near to capacity so I don't know if it will do the same as the one on 31 which stopped at 250 animals just like the regular stables,..
Old Dec 25 2020, 01:44 PM

I just found the information I needed in the Store. I suppose it does not matter how they show up in the Manager if they both have the same capacity!
Please ignore my post!
MERRY CHRISTMAS all.
Old Dec 25 2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
I hope I am in the right place here. Ok as I am getting stuff organized before the migration and my eye surgery I realized a Super stable I have Farm 31 is not going past 250 animals. In my facility manager it has the image of Super Stable on Farms 1 and 36 but but on the farms they are on 31, and 17, but none say Super Stable. I bought the one on 31 years ago and never realized it was malfunctioning until today. The one on 17 I bought in the last week or so, and I fear it may stop at 250 too.
Can anyone offer assistance in this matter?
I cannot find info on the animal shed at the moment and was wondering if the Super Stables have more capacity like the super dairy sheds? I have a new Super Stable on 17, but its not near to capacity so I don't know if it will do the same as the one on 31 which stopped at 250 animals just like the regular stables,..
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
I just found the information I needed in the Store. I suppose it does not matter how they show up in the Manager if they both have the same capacity!
Please ignore my post!
MERRY CHRISTMAS all.
Hi RIAP27

I'm sorry there was no one here to be able to answer you.

I'm glad you found the information but let me clarify something for you.

You dont own a Super Stable. Your data shows you have Regular stables, one of them costs 25 farmcash and the other costs 28 farmcash. The Super Stable costs 50 farmcash.

Both regular stables can be filled with 250 horses and 250 Clydesdale. The Super Stables double that amount of animals and can be harvested in 8 hours instead of 2 days.

These are the images for the regular stables and the super stable:

stables (2 regular) or super stables
OR OR

You have this information in the Game Guide in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331654

You are right about how they show in the Facility Manager and on the farm.

If you have the regular stable which costs 25 cash on the farm then the Facility manager will show up the regular stable which costs 28 farmcash and viceversa.

Merry Christmas to yo too
Old Dec 26 2020, 03:01 PM

Default Stables

Thanks Taz,
I must have not seen the Super Stable in the store when I checked. Thanks for the clarification! I have four regular stables. Two of them give more XP. Thanks again.
Old Jan 29 2021, 04:30 PM

Default Lost animals

I had a lot of animals outside. They are gone! Will I get them back? On my !st farm I had 45 pigs in a pen they are gone. On 3 farms I had on each farm 50 rabbits they are gone! Also had a few peacocks in a pen they are gone!
Old Jan 29 2021, 04:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandonna65 View Post
I had a lot of animals outside. They are gone! Will I get them back? On my !st farm I had 45 pigs in a pen they are gone. On 3 farms I had on each farm 50 rabbits they are gone! Also had a few peacocks in a pen they are gone!
Hi nandonna,
I moved your post to the subject thread about animals.
The graphics for the animated animals have not beemn added in the game yet. When they are your animals will come back.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
animals, chicken, clydesdale, cow, delete animals, gift animals, goose, heavywool llama, hen, holstien cow, horse, horses, leghorn hen, llama, longwool sheep, ostrich, peacock, pig, pigs, rabbit, sheep, store animals, stuck animal, stuck animals, too many animals, turkey