Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 08 2017, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeky Banutski View Post
OK - what am I missing here? Isn't the point of the "chains" to get the benefit of the extra batches? If so, why start a chain otherwise? Is there some other benefit that I'm not understanding?

Also, unless I misinterpreted what I read about the "chains" - doesn't every product in a facility have to be at Dan level 7 before that "chain" will start producing the benefits of the extra batches?

I'm just trying to understand so that I can make the best out of FarmTown.
Hi Zeeky Banutski

You can choose a facility you want to become into a chain. If you choose them and you dont have all 7th Dans for all the products, those facilities will not get the "chain status" but you can work them to get that status and then get the export products.

Let me give you an example, last week I got my Brewery into the chain, but I dont have all the products in 7th dan yet. For me it is like a challenge and I try to work them and fill them as much as I can to get the 7th dans soon.

Last edited by marymarcel; Nov 08 2017 at 05:41 AM.
Old Nov 08 2017, 08:21 AM
Account Not Linked

I'm confused. I started a chain the first week without a problem. I started a FC chain the second week. However, it didn't have all the dans, so I was working on it I tried to start a coin chain today and none of my facilities are highlighted so I can. I have several that have the green numbers, so I know I have some available. I thought maybe I had too many, so I deleted the cash chain that didn't have enough dans and I still can't start a coin change. Am I missing something? Thanks
Old Nov 08 2017, 08:46 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSugar View Post
I'm confused. I started a chain the first week without a problem. I started a FC chain the second week. However, it didn't have all the dans, so I was working on it I tried to start a coin chain today and none of my facilities are highlighted so I can. I have several that have the green numbers, so I know I have some available. I thought maybe I had too many, so I deleted the cash chain that didn't have enough dans and I still can't start a coin change. Am I missing something? Thanks
Hi WyoSugar,

Have a look in the Add Chains section of the Facility Chains Manger. Look up near the top and see if it is saying in red "You can convert another facility next week". If it does then you need to wait until next week to start your next chain.

There is no need to delete a chain to make room for another. At this lime there is no limit on how many chains you can have, only that you can only start one a week.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Nov 08 2017, 08:20 PM

How many chains should we have now? I have the BAKERY, SANDWICH RESTAURANT, DONUTS SHOP (all exportable) and PET SHOP (importable). Pretty sure it let me add 2 this week, the service (PET SHOP) and then was able to add regular facility. Not completely sure I am going about this the right way, just adding chains at the moment. Tried to do a print screen but can't figure how to do that either, LOL
Old Nov 08 2017, 08:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB View Post
How many chains should we have now? I have the BAKERY, SANDWICH RESTAURANT, DONUTS SHOP (all exportable) and PET SHOP (importable). Pretty sure it let me add 2 this week, the service (PET SHOP) and then was able to add regular facility. Not completely sure I am going about this the right way, just adding chains at the moment. Tried to do a print screen but can't figure how to do that either, LOL
Hi GRB,
I am not sure how you did that as you should only have 3. It looks like you managed to do 2 last week. The one on the Oct 30th and Nov 5th are in the same week. The one on Nov 5th was 2 minutes before midnight which was the change over time to the new week.
The Bakery and Sandwich Shop are both for coin so you should not have both of those.
The time is supposed to run from midnight eastern time on Monday to Monday.
Did you start one that wasn't all the way to chain status and then start another later completing the first one too?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Nov 08 2017 at 09:01 PM.
Old Nov 08 2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi GRB,
I am not sure how you did that as you should only have 3. It looks like you managed to do 2 last week. The one on thwe Oct 30th and Nov 5th are in the same week. The one on Nov 5th was 2 minutes before midnight which was the change over time to the new week.
The Bakery and Sandwich Shop are both for coin so you should not have both of those.
The time is supposed to run from midnight eastern time on Monday to Monday.
Did you start one that wasn't all the way to chain status and then start another later completing the first one too?
I believe that everything I start was chain status eligible. The Sandwich shop was added the first week.
Old Nov 08 2017, 09:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB View Post
I believe that everything I start was chain status eligible.
Hi GRB,
I will leave this for the developers to look into. I doubt if anyone else managed this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 08 2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi GRB,
I will leave this for the developers to look into. I doubt if anyone else managed this.
LOL, Timing is everything
Old Nov 09 2017, 01:01 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

fyi, I have 3 in my Chains, 1st week Bakery, 2nd week Flower Shop, 3rd week Trophy Fac and each one was started on the Monday.. (Tuesday for us in Australia, lol)
Old Nov 10 2017, 08:26 AM

The chains are pointless until we can export. We can't do anything with them now. DOes anyone know when we can? Keeps saying coming soon
Closed Thread