Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 31 2015, 03:02 PM
Account Not Linked

Default News feed

I cannot see anything on my news feed....it says I have no requests.....so I cannot work in other players facilities ....what do I do?
Old Jan 31 2015, 07:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by niblack1 View Post
I cannot see anything on my news feed....it says I have no requests.....so I cannot work in other players facilities ....what do I do?
Hi niblack,
First thing is to make sure you have not blocked Farm Town from your newsfeed. Go to the Facebook settings, click on Blocking in the left column and make sure Farm Town is not listed there. If it is listed there then remove it.
Also while you are in settings go to Apps in left column. Go to Farm Town and make sure that the title "Newsfeed" has a blue check to the right.
If both of those are correct then try going to your neighbors timelines and see if you see their posts there. If you do you can work them from there and be sure to like the posts. The more you like that will help to get them on your newsfeed. Facebook thinks they know more about what we want to see than we do and by liking those then it will help Facebook decide you want to see them.
Also, try taking some of the surveys from your newsfeed as that will help Facebook determine what you want to see too.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 06 2015, 02:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Can't see my post for help with facts and clients

4 days now I posted help with facts and clients but none of my friends can see the posts. Never had this problem before. What can I do so they can see it again?
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1573782425&farm_ix=3
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1573782425&farm_ix=4
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1573782425&farm_ix=5
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1573782425&farm_ix=6
Old Feb 06 2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frynsedamen View Post
4 days now I posted help with facts and clients but none of my friends can see the posts. Never had this problem before. What can I do so they can see it again?

Hi frynsedamen

Here are some suggestions for you

First thing to check is if they are allowed on your Timeline:

To check that farm Town is allowed on your time line, go to your profile/timeline and click on Activity log.
Find a post from Farm Town and hover the mouse pointer over the circle to the right of the post. If it doesn't say 'Allowed on timeline' then click on the circle to change the setting.

Next thing to check is if your security permissions are set correctly:

Open your Facebook settings and click on Privacy
Make sure "Who can see my stuff?" is set to friends or public
Next thing to check is in the Apps section of your settings:

While still in your Facebook settings click on Apps in the left column
Find Farm Town and click on the pencil to edit your Farm Town settings.
Check "App visibility and post audience" and make sure it is set to friends, public or to a Farm Town friends list if you use that.
Scroll down to find Newsfeed and make sure there is a Blue check to the right of that. This allows Farm Town to access your Newsfeed.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Feb 08 2015, 06:03 PM

Default Help with Posts

Farmtown posts from my friends/neighbors used to show on my wall. Now they do not. I have to go to friends news feeds to see their posts. How do I restore these posts to my news feed? I don't have the time to go friend to friend to friend looking for factory/client work. Thanks.
Old Feb 08 2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mom View Post
Farmtown posts from my friends/neighbors used to show on my wall. Now they do not. I have to go to friends news feeds to see their posts. How do I restore these posts to my news feed? I don't have the time to go friend to friend to friend looking for factory/client work. Thanks.
Hi max's mom

I moved your post to the thread for your problem

There are some things you can do. First thing is to make sure you have not blocked Farm Town from your newsfeed. Go to the Facebook settings, click on Blocking in the left column and make sure Farm Town is not listed there. If it is there, then remove it.

While you are in settings go to Apps in left column. Go to Farm Town and make sure that "Newsfeed" has a blue check to the right.

You can also go to My requests tab and click in FarmTown wall request (in blue). There, you will find your friends posts for working facilities, bonuses, ingredients etc.

SUPPORT TEAM

Old Feb 08 2015, 06:28 PM

I've done all that prior to contacting you and still nothing. When I go to my requests and click Show Farmtown wall requests I get "We could not find any friend asking for help in your News Feed Wall".

There are only 2 apps blocked Frontierville and Cafe World. When in apps, everything under farmtown has a blue check mark to the right.

Thanks for your help. Laura.
Old Feb 08 2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mom View Post
I've done all that prior to contacting you and still nothing. When I go to my requests and click Show Farmtown wall requests I get "We could not find any friend asking for help in your News Feed Wall".

There are only 2 apps blocked Frontierville and Cafe World. When in apps, everything under farmtown has a blue check mark to the right.

Thanks for your help. Laura.
Hi Laura

If you can see the posts on your neighbors timeline then it is just Facebook determining what you can see.

Please be sure you are on Recent Posts and not Top Stories. Also when you go to your neighbors timeline be sure you Like and comment on those posts.

SUPPORT TEAM

Old Feb 11 2015, 08:52 AM

On a sort of related note. Anyone know how to mass delete farm town posts on our walls like we used to be able to do in order to clean up our FB walls?
Old Feb 11 2015, 08:54 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCM View Post
On a sort of related note. Anyone know how to mass delete farm town posts on our walls like we used to be able to do in order to clean up our FB walls?
Hmm no sorry, I believe that ability was taken away quite some time ago. Now you have to delete one at a time.

Tags
avatar problems!, blocking farmtown, can't work for neighbors, delete at once, delete messages, deleteftposts, email, facebook, facilities, facilities - not posting, farms - not posting, farmtown, friends only, game error?, get more clients, neighbors, neighbourproblems, posts in ft, produce faster, quitting, taking break, url not found, wall requests