Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 28 2012, 12:47 AM

I was skeptical about quests initially, but tried it out today. My first quest, while a bit lackluster, did net me about a million coins with minimal effort, so I really can't complain. I imagine as we go along, they will get more complex. I agree with Pythonis in that I hope they will eventually make the quests more team oriented. I think they are starting off simply to see how it goes and to work out the programming bugs before getting more ambitious.
What I love about the FT quests is they are not mandatory for advancing levels: You play them if you want but you're under no obligation to if you don't. Just my two cents.
Old Aug 07 2014, 06:57 AM

Default Quests

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfwells View Post
Please tell me it isn't so..The one reason I love FT is NO quests and begging for stuff..I hope they aren't going to start quests as it will ruin a great fun game..
I agree...Farm Town was fun until they added those quest things. I am very near burning my farm to the ground because of the quests!
Old Aug 07 2014, 07:03 AM

Default Ugly - quests - ugly

This game was a relaxing, time-wasting past time, I just ain't into all this hurry and wait, gotta score another quest horse pucky. I put to many years of that type stress in the real world before I retired.
Old Aug 07 2014, 10:08 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottom View Post
This game was a relaxing, time-wasting past time, I just ain't into all this hurry and wait, gotta score another quest horse pucky. I put to many years of that type stress in the real world before I retired.
I have done 0 quest since they came out..I do not even notice the icon anymore.Kind of selfish for you to want to deny 1 aspect of the game that you are not required to do when many other people enjoy the quest and the FC they get for free.
Old Aug 07 2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I agree...Farm Town was fun until they added those quest things. I am very near burning my farm to the ground because of the quests!
Quote:

No one is forcing you to do the quests. Just pretend they don't exist and don't do them.

It is still a "relaxing, time-wasting past time". I don't find the quests stressful at all. If I get 1FC that's more than I had before.....If I get 2FC great.....but I'm not pushing to get them. I check my quests in the morning for my new one and then maybe once in the evening. What is so stressful about that??
Old Aug 07 2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
No one is forcing you to do the quests. Just pretend they don't exist and don't do them.

It is still a "relaxing, time-wasting past time". I don't find the quests stressful at all. If I get 1FC that's more than I had before.....If I get 2FC great.....but I'm not pushing to get them. I check my quests in the morning for my new one and then maybe once in the evening. What is so stressful about that??
I agree - it's not at all like the other games that you have to keep posting for help. Either you have the facilities to do the quest or you let it expire. If I get 1 FC - I'm that much further ahead. Yes, I do try to get the 2 FC but I don't always get it and I'm not stressed about it.
Just ignore the quests, they aren't required and it may not be worth buying a facility to do a quest either but that's your choice.
Old Aug 07 2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:

Hi cottom!

Doing quests is a personal option, so if you dont like them, just dont do them and you are able to continue your game as it was before the quests were released.
Old Aug 07 2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi cottom!

Doing quests is a personal option, so if you dont like them, just dont do them and you are able to continue your game as it was before the quests were released.
It relaxes me and like said, it is a personal option. Just don't do them if you don't like them. I don't do the mini games but I don't mind them being available for those who does. If I get 2 dollars great, if I get 1 great, if I don't get any, well so be it! I just like doing them.
Old Aug 17 2014, 06:06 PM

Wink Quest is real

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfwells View Post
Please tell me it isn't so..The one reason I love FT is NO quests and begging for stuff..I hope they aren't going to start quests as it will ruin a great fun game..
A few days more and I may not have to set here in my chair and put up with quests. I'm having surgery tomorrow to repair my legs and give me mobility. In the meantime I will grudgingly tolerate QUESTS. I don't like them! They are waste of my time, and they don't produce the profits one would expect for the level of computer work required. I suggest QUESTS be TERMINATED!

I still strongly suggest a way to generate more Farm Dollars. How about SELLING bundles of Farm Cash? Say a bundle of 25 Dollars for a million coins?
Old Aug 17 2014, 10:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
A few days more and I may not have to set here in my chair and put up with quests. I'm having surgery tomorrow to repair my legs and give me mobility. In the meantime I will grudgingly tolerate QUESTS. I don't like them! They are waste of my time, and they don't produce the profits one would expect for the level of computer work required. I suggest QUESTS be TERMINATED!

I still strongly suggest a way to generate more Farm Dollars. How about SELLING bundles of Farm Cash? Say a bundle of 25 Dollars for a million coins?
Why do you act as if you have to do the quest?No one is forcing you to do them.They are not required.25 FC for a million coins?Ummm...so trade virtual money to take real money out of the devs pockets...99.9999% sure they will never do that.If you owned a business...would you give away more than you take in?