Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 05 2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Canning View Post
Your advice helped on the one that reloaded and gave me tools, but it said ops I have already done these today,

The expired one still said expired and it is not

These are posted on a small private group wall
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then reopen your farm and try again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Check if the clearing helps you with the one saying expired.

For the other request saying ops... please read the following

Working Neighbors Facilities: This is to explain the time between working a neighbours facilities before you can rework that same post again. To simplify the answer it was originally stated that you had to wait a day.

Notice that if you spend at least 8 straight hours in a day without playing farmtown (when you sleep, eat breakfast, etc, most people will fall in this category) then you will in fact be able to work your friends facilities at least once per day. If you want to work them say twice per day, you will have to work them all say in the morning, 9AM, and then do not work anymore facilities until after 5 PM, after that time you will be able to work them all again. The key point is that you will be able to work ALL your friends facilities after 8 hours has passed since the LAST facilities you worked. Basically what this is saying is that after you have worked a neighbours facility there must be a gap of 8 hours, where you do not work any facilities, before you can work the neighbours facility again.

We have let the developers know about some farmers are having problems while working their friends factories.

Last edited by marymarcel; Dec 05 2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old Dec 05 2015, 01:59 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I have contacted FT and FB over 2 weeks ago about the following message: Hello Farmer! Due to a recent Facebook change you may not be able to send gifts or boost trains if you are using the Internet Explorer or Edge browsers, we recommend using another browser like Chrome as a temporal workaround.
I am still having the same problems--I really should not have to choose a new browser. I have used IE for 6 years --it was one of the first browsers that FB started on. Are they even working on this problem??
I have done everything that FT has told me to do---but I am still not able to send gifts or boost trains--and starting yesterday I could not unload trains.
I use IE and Windows 7.
Old Dec 05 2015, 02:05 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 C Acres View Post
I have contacted FT and FB over 2 weeks ago about the following message: Hello Farmer! Due to a recent Facebook change you may not be able to send gifts or boost trains if you are using the Internet Explorer or Edge browsers, we recommend using another browser like Chrome as a temporal workaround.
I am still having the same problems--I really should not have to choose a new browser. I have used IE for 6 years --it was one of the first browsers that FB started on. Are they even working on this problem??
I have done everything that FT has told me to do---but I am still not able to send gifts or boost trains--and starting yesterday I could not unload trains.
I use IE and Windows 7.
Hi 3 C Acres,

I'm sorry but currently that's the only solution for those using Edge or IE and having the problem.

Raul posted this in his notes >>

Known Issues

- Some users are experiencing issues when sending gifts or boosting trains using Internet Explorer or Edge browsers. We have created a bug report with facebook and we are awaiting response from them.

Until he hears back from them, there is nothing else we can suggest at this time.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 05 2015, 03:46 PM

Level:
XP:

Well I am having trouble with my green hand, I want to put something somewhere else and it shows green space so I know I can put there, when I go with the hand its red and it won't let me move the tree, I have 70 banana trees that I want to plant and can't because when I go with my bunch of bananas the square is red.. before if you moved one of the trees with the green hand when you went to plant all was ok. now it only shows red and cannot plant anything.. anybody else with this problem?
Old Dec 06 2015, 07:00 AM

I thought all these fixes were supposed to speed things up, its like watching paint dry when getting onto your farm everything is so slow at loading then when you finally get onto the farm it then says its preparing for display and takes forever again, even slower than it has been in a long time, and yes i have cleared cache and everything else am supposed to do, but its still as slow as a snail
Old Dec 06 2015, 09:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda steele View Post
I thought all these fixes were supposed to speed things up, its like watching paint dry when getting onto your farm everything is so slow at loading then when you finally get onto the farm it then says its preparing for display and takes forever again, even slower than it has been in a long time, and yes i have cleared cache and everything else am supposed to do, but its still as slow as a snail
Hi Brenda,
According to what Raul release you should not be clearing your cache as that will slow down the loading. The reason is more of your game is stored on your computer now.
Post-Release Updates - November 21th, 1:00AM
- Farm Loading optimizations, farms should in general load up to 25% faster. This is assuming that most of your game items are cached by your browser. A note on this, clearing your browser cache should be done only when necessary, for example, when Farmtown doesn't load correctly or extreme cases like that, usually it is not needed, and the downside is that every time you clear your browser cache you have to reload all the items to your computer which takes time, specially on slower connections, and every time you visit farms with items that are not cached you will have to wait extra time. Clearing memcache is fine and doesn't have any downsides, memcache is cleared automatically after 3 hours of inactivity.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 06 2015, 09:47 AM

4. 'Show Work Info' now available in the 'Show Names' window is not showing correct at all. Not even every 30-60 minutes.

Cant figure out how to add picture of this so I try to explain this way:

"Show names" inside my farm status
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24
25 26 27

Status when hiring someone in markatplace (all tasks hooked)
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24
25 26 27

Status was checked quickly after each other. And it was at least 30min from last time.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...6759&farm_ix=3
Old Dec 06 2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamePondarosa View Post
4. 'Show Work Info' now available in the 'Show Names' window is not showing correct at all. Not even every 30-60 minutes.

Cant figure out how to add picture of this so I try to explain this way:

"Show names" inside my farm status
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24
25 26 27

Status when hiring someone in markatplace (all tasks hooked)
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24
25 26 27

Status was checked quickly after each other. And it was at least 30min from last time.
Hi MadamePondarosa,

I'm not entirely sure I'm understanding what you've posted but. . .

If the numbers in green are the ones that are showing work to be done. . When you click on "show names" in the farm grid, then "show work info" it will also show farms that have not been seeded yet. This is being worked on.

Could that explain you are seeing?

Clickable Help Links:

Old Dec 06 2015, 10:23 AM

Level:
XP:

What about the green hand? Still can't move things around. Is that a bug or a fix? Thanks
Old Dec 06 2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
Well I am having trouble with my green hand, I want to put something somewhere else and it shows green space so I know I can put there, when I go with the hand its red and it won't let me move the tree, I have 70 banana trees that I want to plant and can't because when I go with my bunch of bananas the square is red.. before if you moved one of the trees with the green hand when you went to plant all was ok. now it only shows red and cannot plant anything.. anybody else with this problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
What about the green hand? Still can't move things around. Is that a bug or a fix? Thanks
Hi Texas Belle,

I've been testing the green hand for you and can find no problems with it. The only time the footprint of the banana tree turned red was when there was something else in the way. Please make sure you have everything turned on in your game settings, reload then try moving those trees again.

Clickable Help Links:

Closed Thread