Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 09 2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginnie the Gimp View Post
I love the red sprinkler too, double the crop with manure spreader then halve the time with red sprikler, WOW doesn't even begin to cover it! Devs or Raul it was so clever to leave the harvest time as is too, no panic period! Love this game, played since one farm only but didn't find Forum 'til relatively recently, great enhancement to knowledge and pleasure. Devs, Mods and Raul you absolutely ROCK!
It just keeps getting better and better

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Sep 09 2011, 06:38 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

ok ok
what is going on?
i can only send 35 gifts now where as b4 i could a gift to all of my neighbours?
Is there something going on with face book or farm town and is any1 else having this problem???
Old Sep 09 2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza1214 View Post
ok ok
what is going on?
i can only send 35 gifts now where as b4 i could a gift to all of my neighbours?
Is there something going on with face book or farm town and is any1 else having this problem???
YES! I just discovered this change, don't know whats going on. I also could send to all neighbors doing it in different groups of 25. Today it cut me off at 35.
Old Sep 09 2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieH2009 View Post
Thanks I will try this with the stables and hutch.

Still having issue with decimal point in manure spreader. After fix to 165 instead of 1.65, I used it again on one farm and have 1.15 left instead of 115.
well now i see this, 3 days ago i ran out of manure while fertilizing for the first since i bought it, ive only had one full pigsty, and it was always enough for 10 farms. I just assumed 11 farms pushed me over the edge, so I ran out and bought 3 more sty's and spent hours filling it with little pink pigs?? lol guess i better check in here first before I do that again lol

Obsessive compulsive farming disorder: it is no joke!!!!!

Level 385- with 16th Farm and all size upgrades - farming since June '09

Are We there Yet???

WISH LIST: - TO HIRE SOMEONE TO PLANT MY FIELDS - from a pre selected list of seeds for each farm!!!

Old Sep 09 2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlies4ng3ls View Post
Just thought I would add my tuppence worth here - I love the red sprinkler - I know that the Devs will listen to us and the functionality of the Brown Sprinkler may well return (they usually listen to our whining and moaning - thanks Rauol). As a workaround for the brown sprinkler - ask one of your kind neighbours to water your flowers for you - they get paid - you don't have to pay 1,000 coins and it won't interfere with your crop growth. Issue resolved.

While it may not have been the most "exciting" release.... it was still able to enhance the game.

I too think the devs will adjust the sprinkler problem (although I don't see it as a problem, and hope they leave the 20hour reset as it is.)

I would still like to see a no-limit on the buy and sell, if only neighbor-to-neighbor.
I would still like to see an alternative view for the Dairy Plant and Choco Factory.

and

maybe someday we can put multiple facilities on the same farm that will produce,.... like 3 or 4 wineries on one farm that all can produce. Or 3-4 oil rigs on one farm that all produce. They would have to be re-coded to something like WineryA, WineryB, etc. And even if I had to re-buy them all..... so what.... although the change could be handled much like a "view" selection.

maybe.

Old Sep 09 2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEKLAOL View Post
I agree. Also if you use red sprinkler for flowers you can't use it for 20 hours for crops. I watered flowers on eight farms and when I went to use red sprinler on a crop I planted an hour later it wouldn't let me irrigate the cropas. So to me I wasted 50 cash because I want to use it on crops not flowers. 20 hour limit doesn't help for crops less that 1 day. Must be a better solution to this problem.

Thank you for looking into this.,
I agree with this too. I planted quick-maturing crops this morning to try out, but now have to wait a whole FT day to speed up anything I have planted subsequently - but some of them are only one day crops. I like the idea a lot, but I would much prefer the sprinkler to be able to irrigate everything that has been planted since it was last used.Either that or it needs to work like the manure spreader (which would be logical since ground that is wet stays wet until it dries out; not until new crops are planted!)

Paradies Villa Hügel the forest Scarlet's Haven Scarlet's Market Garden Scarlet's Park
Scarlet's Seaside Orchard plus a couple of money makers...
Old Sep 09 2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGee View Post
That's what I think! Raul told me the developers thought total hours would be unwieldy, but I told him decimals aren't any easier for most folks than percentages! lol The 20-hour/24 hour thing should be standardized, in any case...does anyone know WHY a FT day is 20 hours?? I wonder.
I think the 20 hour day might have been so that you could harvest at the same time every day?

Paradies Villa Hügel the forest Scarlet's Haven Scarlet's Market Garden Scarlet's Park
Old Sep 09 2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
You can still water your neighbors farms it will not prevent them from coming right behind you and watering their own farms with the red sprinkler.
My neighbour says this is not true if she wants to speed up her flowers. But maybe the timing on the flowers wasn't changing immediately.

Old Sep 09 2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt View Post
I don't get the difficulty of decimals. .1 is six minutes, .2 is 12 minutes, etc.
Part of the issue is the decimal days - not just hours. Mix that in with the 20/24 hours day confusion factor and trying to figure out that 1.9 days is actually 45.6 hours can be tedious... then they change some items from what you once calculated on a 24 hours day to a 30 hours farmtown day (red sprinkler)...

Animal Farm http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...9521&farm_ix=Y
Old Sep 09 2011, 12:49 PM

I'm still watering with the watering can - the brown sprinkler is on the shopping list but under its present configuration the red sprinkler isn't, even though it'd be nice to be able to speed up growth - and I'm finding it a bit inconvenient that recently when I water flowers that are dead, they spring up to their full growth stage whether they're full grown or not. You have to navigate away from the farm and come back in order to see whether they really are ready for harvest, or you can waste people's time hiring them for something that isn't ready.

The weird thing is that it's happening on some farms and not others. Not exactly sure what's making the difference.

Last edited by tnbskts; Sep 09 2011 at 12:55 PM.
Closed Thread