Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2018, 09:39 PM

I have noticed when working on other people's farms and they have a huge amount of animals roaming around, it will lag my game out big time, I will hide everything in the top half of the preferences - only leaving view able: Crops, Trees, Flowers, & Ponds (Even though almost always there are still pathways (like the red brick or sidewalks for instance) or crates showing - even in the Marketplace it takes away the stalls but leaves the crates of crops showing. But I know it's the animals roaming slowing me down, how can I battle this when it's not my own farms? when the farm finally loads usually the eye is by the house icon and it's closed - but there are still animals roaming around - and I don't always have the eye by the home icon - not sure why-

I don't seem to have any loading issues when it is layered or stacked crops/ponds/flowers etc. Just roaming free animals gives me a hard time every time. Only time it doesn't seem to be an issue is when there's like 10 or less roaming around - and so far it has not seemed to matter what size the land is.
Old Oct 12 2018, 09:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvchick95 View Post
I have noticed when working on other people's farms and they have a huge amount of animals roaming around, it will lag my game out big time, I will hide everything in the top half of the preferences - only leaving view able: Crops, Trees, Flowers, & Ponds (Even though almost always there are still pathways (like the red brick or sidewalks for instance) or crates showing - even in the Marketplace it takes away the stalls but leaves the crates of crops showing. But I know it's the animals roaming slowing me down, how can I battle this when it's not my own farms? when the farm finally loads usually the eye is by the house icon and it's closed - but there are still animals roaming around - and I don't always have the eye by the home icon - not sure why-

I don't seem to have any loading issues when it is layered or stacked crops/ponds/flowers etc. Just roaming free animals gives me a hard time every time. Only time it doesn't seem to be an issue is when there's like 10 or less roaming around - and so far it has not seemed to matter what size the land is.
Hi Atvchick,
Go to your preferences and uncheck the box for "Show animals when not at home"
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 19 2018, 05:53 PM

Game running EXTREMELY slow tonight. Was fine two hours ago. Even harvesting animals is delayed!!!
Old Oct 19 2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Game running EXTREMELY slow tonight. Was fine two hours ago. Even harvesting animals is delayed!!!

Hi JohnAlbertini

Please try memcache (link below), a new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it was open during the clearing and exit to Facebook. Then reopen your farms and check if you can work facilities

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Also, reset your router/modem and check if it is better for you.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Oct 19 2018, 06:08 PM

The "saving" countdown takes forever
Old Oct 19 2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
The "saving" countdown takes forever
John, I answered you in the post just above this one.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Oct 19 2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi JohnAlbertini

Please try memcache (link below), a new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it was open during the clearing and exit to Facebook. Then reopen your farms and check if you can work facilities

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Also, reset your router/modem and check if it is better for you.
Thank you. Not sure the memcache was it since I took a short break for dinner but did the memcache first. When I returned it was better!
Old Oct 20 2018, 12:50 AM
Account Not Linked

Farming is normal but the saving is slow. Have cleared mem cache and all browser history. Once I finish a farm I have to sit and wait for it to save. Not normally like this...is there a problem?
Old Oct 20 2018, 01:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodkay1@bigpond.com View Post
Farming is normal but the saving is slow. Have cleared mem cache and all browser history. Once I finish a farm I have to sit and wait for it to save. Not normally like this...is there a problem?
Hi rodkay,
There isn't a problem with the servers. It could just be a problem with any of the many internet links being slow between you and the Facebook app server or the Facebook servers and the Farm Town servers. Unfortunately we have no way to monitor or fix those if they have issues that are slowing down the saving.

The only thing I can suggest is to try all the suggestions in the first post of the following link including the links in that post:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 24 2018, 10:08 PM

Default Farm won't load

My farm is very very slowly loading...like 2-3 minutes. I cannot switch farms as then it won't load at all. I can't plant because the window won't open. What is happening?
Thanks
Jan

Tags
adobe flash plugin crash, farmtown too slow, flash player, shockwave, shockwave plug-in, slow, slow game