Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 22 2011, 08:40 AM

well we since the updates began there hasnt been a single month where we havent had atleast 1 update so going that there is only a week left of may my money is on this week

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old May 22 2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
well we since the updates began there hasnt been a single month where we havent had atleast 1 update so going that there is only a week left of may my money is on this week

Your money?? or your coin??

just don't bet the $FT......... and certainly don't bet the farm

Old May 22 2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levarti2 View Post
does the facility manager work well for all of you?

I like it for clearing out products that are done, but it takes forever to use it to load up facilities because it times out or slows everything up (won't work until the picture of each place reloads and sometimes that takes a long time). So ... I only use it for half the intended purpose. Still go farm by farm and facility by facility to load them.
I suspect it's a RAM issue. I have an older computer that's like you describe - takes forever or times out and boots me off. But it's a breeze on my newer computer. I love it on the new computer but the older one, yeah, it's a pain to try to use it.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old May 22 2011, 11:55 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
This is not a true statement. They used to delete the update threads when a new update came out so you can not go by the list of update threads in this section. Now while it is true that we have had at least one update a month for some time now that does not mean we will get one this week.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old May 22 2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I suspect it's a RAM issue. I have an older computer that's like you describe - takes forever or times out and boots me off. But it's a breeze on my newer computer. I love it on the new computer but the older one, yeah, it's a pain to try to use it.
I really don't think it is RAM I have 6 gig of RAM on my new laptop and it is slow too. Sometimes slower than others and I think it depends on which browser I am using. Firefox is the one I usually use but I think for working the facilities it is slower than Chrome or IE. But I do agree it is very time consuming, I don't have all the facilities but close to it and some I have more than one of spread out over four fields. Takes any where from 30 minutes to an hour to work. I think the use of an ALL button like we have in the semi-trailer would be helpful. I would not be able to use it on everything but for items that we consistently have to hit the 30+ but 10 - 20 times like the Essentials Oils Plant, it would be very helpful and cut time down.
Hmm sorry I kind of went off and rambled a bit.
Old May 22 2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
This is not a true statement. They used to delete the update threads when a new update came out so you can not go by the list of update threads in this section. Now while it is true that we have had at least one update a month for some time now that does not mean we will get one this week.
That was I was thinking, I started in Dec 09 and it sure seemed like a long time from the time I hit level 60 till they came out with any updates. I thought I had done all there was to do and was ready to quit then one came out, haven't gave up on since.
Old May 22 2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I agree...and just to make sure...I'm holding the Farm Town Mayor hostage.....My demand...New updates!!......

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old May 22 2011, 02:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Mags View Post
I agree...and just to make sure...I'm holding the Farm Town Mayor hostage.....My demand...New updates!!......
That poor mayor has been held hostage so many times now...he probably just knows after a certain number of weeks he has to go to your farm and tie himself up....LOL
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 22 2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
That poor mayor has been held hostage so many times now...he probably just knows after a certain number of weeks he has to go to your farm and tie himself up....LOL
Yep!!...

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old May 22 2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbravesgirl View Post
I use the facility manager daily. I have no trouble with it loading or emptying promptly. I do maintenance on my puter weekly and have now gotten in a habit of also clearing the macromedia files as well. You might check the memory/ram on your puter. Happy Farming !
thanks for the ideas, but I clear all my caches and macromedia regularly too. Like I said, clearing the facilities always works great but loading them stalls. And I just upgraded the RAM on my computer a few months ago ... specifically for this game

emptying them doesn't work unless the graphic of each building is displayed (and it disappears after working on one place so I have to wait until they all load again to do the next one). Going farm-to-farm works quickly but I have over 70 facilities so I was happy when the facility manager came out.

fyi - this isn't something new happening ... has been working that way from the start for me.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2244&farm_ix=9
Closed Thread