Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 09 2016, 01:27 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

just noticed that some of my neighbors listed in my neigborhood are missing facilities where previously they had them. Ran the memcache and some can back and other peoples facilities vanished, hahahaha... glitch time in farmtown today, LOL

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 09 2016, 01:36 AM

Please correct me if I am wrong. This is my understanding of the new Neighbourhood Chains Contest.

Once a week 4 facilities get selected by SK. This is comprised of TWO Farm Cash items and TWO coin purchased items.

So for now you can have 4 or less DIFFERENT facilities (depending on what you own) that you can work for your Neighbourhood. You can't have two of the same to make up the set of four facilities.

If you have ALL 4 facilities running you are eligible to include a THIRD Farm Cash facility which of course will allow you to then include another Coin one. These two will then give you the maximum total of 6 facilities allowed to enter.

You can buy the extra facilities if needed, at any time through the week and they will be included automatically for you to load up and post to work.

All facilities must be on farms and NOT in storage to be counted and worked. There is no pressure to go and buy facilities because your ownership and your neighbours ownership has already been taken into account and you will be automatically competing against similar ownerships.

Well I just loaded up my two coin facilities, posted them to be worked and will top them up and keep it going whenever I can. Sounds simple enough. If something good comes of this, then great because it's a bonus without having to buy or do too much extra.
Old Apr 09 2016, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Love most of the new things - dont understand the new Neighbourhood Chains but I will just go with the flow. But why is the new Car Wash twice the size of the Car Dealership and with the same yellow car twice the size? I would dearly love some standardisation of footprint sizes.
I agree !!!!
I would just LOVE for things to be consistently scaled .... If there is a person now by a building ... well - they will NEVER fit thru the door !! The vehicles are the same - it would be so nice to be able to try to decorate semi-realistically !
Old Apr 09 2016, 02:18 AM
Account Not Linked

I cant seem to enter any of my own facilities in the neighborhood chain contest it says that I own zero of the facilities I am getting points by working in other farmers facilities no one else seems to be having this problem maybe I am doing something wrong?
Old Apr 09 2016, 03:32 AM

A little confused!!! Within the Neighbour chain, 1 of the names is showing they have none of the 4 facilities but they have earned points. How can this happen.
Old Apr 09 2016, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxximom View Post
Do you think you could add an opt out. I really am not interested in playing a contest. I just want to play farmtown the way I always have.
Yes would love an opt out and then an opt back in - just cant be doing with it at the moment. I feel I am letting my neighbours down if I dont try.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Apr 09 2016, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Yes would love an opt out and then an opt back in - just cant be doing with it at the moment. I feel I am letting my neighbours down if I dont try.
Yes please, an opt in or out option, for the Quests, would be really good

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Apr 09 2016, 06:33 AM

Hi all

From Raul's notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - April 9th, 1:30AM

- Fixed bug that caused that some of the purchased farm cash facilities were not added to the Neighborhood Chain. Next time you enter the Neighborhood Chains Contest screen it should be corrected automatically. Please report if this is not the case.

Known Issues

- The facility counters for some users were reset to 0 by mistake, they will be restored to their original values once those users return to the game and open the Neighborhood Chains Contest screen.

- Please keep posting any issues you may find about the Neighborhood Chains Contest. We will start fixing them again on Monday.

- Farm 29 and Super Storage Tools will be released next week.
Old Apr 09 2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Momma Woods, This week it is 3 services and 1 regular facility. Next week it could be 3 regular facilities and 1 service. Forget whether they are services or regular facilities. You will see every week though 2 facilities (service and/or regular) that cost farm cash to buy and 2 facilities (service and/or regular) that cost coins to buy.
Thank you Taz D. That simplifies things (i guess) Will just let time make the process more familiar.
Old Apr 09 2016, 08:46 AM
Account Not Linked

The Neighbour chains contest is an interesting addition to the game. I do feel we need to have an "opt out" option for this when we don't want to play. Then hopefully we wont get those neighbours who have no interest in playing as part of the team and I wont be in a team when I don't want to play.

I can foresee resources depleting with constant loading up facilities to try and get to the top of the chain.

I am happy to load up my facilities once or twice a week not everyday, and I realise this is only for 4 facilities, but do neighbours really want to work just 4 facilities when posting for work? I don't think so.

I have given the new contest a try. I don't really think I will be participating much but I will watch with interest how this will pan out. It is new and takes a little while for people to play and have an interest.
Closed Thread