Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 10 2017, 11:02 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Just want to put my 2 cents in regarding the ships. I think that they are a great addition to my farms and they contribute a lot of the products that I was always running short of (wish they had included the Pearl Oysters). If you have it fully loaded and don't miss any ports, you do good on everything except the fish and Animal stuff. The BEST part about it is that they can be bought with Farm Coin instead of $$. I have learned to just relax and let them go out and earn some product for me. If it is at a port for more than 12 hours it is time to skip a port. As far as loading is concerned... I just set my phone timer for the minutes it requires and go and add another container if I am home. I don't worry about loading it up because I really only care about the Factory, Food, Fish, Liquid (inks) and crops, etc.
I am sure the developers will come up with a way to make $$ off these ships, but it is something you don't NEED to do. I have not upgraded a lot of the tools because the ones I have work for me. They are the maximum to where I want them to be.
So lets all just be neighborly and help the ones out that are doing the ships.... it is always appreciated!
Old Jan 10 2017, 12:54 PM
Account Not Linked

The ships are way too time consuming. No one has 10 hours to load a ship. This needs to be fixed. I have been playing Farmtown for over 9 years. The ships have made people frustrated and aggressive toward each other. I would have rather used farm cash to pay for the ships and been able to load all of them and move on.
Old Jan 10 2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymstacey View Post
The ships are way too time consuming. No one has 10 hours to load a ship. This needs to be fixed. I have been playing Farmtown for over 9 years. The ships have made people frustrated and aggressive toward each other. I would have rather used farm cash to pay for the ships and been able to load all of them and move on.
Actually, Farm Town is approaching its 8th anniversary next month. It began in 2009.

As to the time consuming aspect.... yes these coin ships/facilities require more of our time than other facilities. So the choice is the same for all.... use the ships and help your neighbors, or don't use the ships and still help your neighbors.

If a player can receive gifts from so many others, on a daily basis, just consider the ships in your port as a GIFT from your neighbors.
Old Jan 10 2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Actually, Farm Town is approaching its 8th anniversary next month. It began in 2009.

As to the time consuming aspect.... yes these coin ships/facilities require more of our time than other facilities. So the choice is the same for all.... use the ships and help your neighbors, or don't use the ships and still help your neighbors.

If a player can receive gifts from so many others, on a daily basis, just consider the ships in your port as a GIFT from your neighbors.
Hello Stoneface

Your argument is valid except for the fact that it has no relevance on this discussion. If a person gets gifts and chooses not to send one back to help his neighbor, he would not get yelled at, bullied, or intimidated by his "so-called" friends as is what is happening now with the gifting SHIPS.
Old Jan 10 2017, 01:31 PM

I am enjoying the ships and don't always get back to prepare a container each hour. However, we have 24 hours to prepare all of them. Even if they don't all get prepared, you can dispatch your ship anytime with whatever is prepared. After we can exchange the folks that do NOT do the ships for the ones that do, it should be smooth sailing. SHIP AHOY!!

And, THANK YOU, developers for the use of coins rather than Farm Cash! I like saving my Farm Cash for the new facilities.
Old Jan 10 2017, 05:50 PM

Ok .......... now that you have taken away the ability to rapidly load ships ....... i am parking mine in storage until you give us the ability to rapidly load them ........ i do not have 10 hrs to sit around to wait for containers to load ... also you need to consider increasing the amount of coins collected when ships are in port ....... from 500 to 50,000 ..... that will certainly help folks buy farm expansions that are now so expensive ....... if farmers have more room to put facilities .......they will buy more ......get it ?? .......... also consider increasing the amount of product a ship carries ...... from 1 train load to 5 train loads ...... after all ....in real life ........ you get alot more than 1 train load off a ship ...... interest in ships is dying fast ...... this would certainly peek thier interest

thank you
Earl
Old Jan 10 2017, 05:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurican View Post
Ok .......... now that you have taken away the ability to rapidly load ships ....... i am parking mine in storage until you give us the ability to rapidly load them ........ i do not have 10 hrs to sit around to wait for containers to load ... also you need to consider increasing the amount of coins collected when ships are in port ....... from 500 to 50,000 ..... that will certainly help folks buy farm expansions that are now so expensive ....... if farmers have more room to put facilities .......they will buy more ......get it ?? .......... also consider increasing the amount of product a ship carries ...... from 1 train load to 5 train loads ...... after all ....in real life ........ you get alot more than 1 train load off a ship ...... interest in ships is dying fast ...... this would certainly peek thier interest

thank you
Earl
Hi Earl,
Please post any suggestions you may have in the Suggestions section where the developers will see them all grouped together. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 10 2017, 10:14 PM

Is there a loading problem because i have been unable to load the game tonight.
Old Jan 10 2017, 10:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyobrien View Post
Is there a loading problem because i have been unable to load the game tonight.
Hi Lilllyobrien,
I just loaded mine without any problems. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 11 2017, 08:55 AM

Hi all

From Raul notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - January 10th, 11:30PM

- Fixed some ships that were in a corrupted state, which couldn't be prepared or dispatched.
Closed Thread