Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 07 2011, 08:57 PM

Arrow Cannot load farm, Errors, connecting to mainframe

Cannot load farm, Errors, connecting to mainframe

When posting in this thread the moderation team may need to visit your farm so please include your user ID in your post.
Your USER ID is at the very bottom of the page that your game is loaded in and at the bottom of the Send Gifts page, scroll to the very bottom of the page.

In this example the user ID is 00000000. Your numbers will be different and may be longer.

OR you can provide your farm link in your post.
Instructions should you need them or want to put your farm link into your forum signature can be found by clicking on this link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...86#post6351386

Farmtown hardware and software requirements:
Players will experience optimal game play if your device meets these specs:

• Latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Opera browsers
  • 64 bits Operating System
  • 8GB of RAM or higher
  • Dual Core CPU

• Dedicated NVIDIA / AMD Video Cards or Integrated Intel Video Cards with 512MB Video RAM with updated drivers, old video card drivers can make the game crash. Check this video for instructions on how to update your video card drivers in Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFvhZ6Lie_s

• WegGL 2.0 Support with Hardware Acceleration enabled. Software only acceleration or Google SwiftShader can slowdown the game. Check this video for instructions on how to enable Hardware Acceleration in the Chrome browser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ_bjn6u3Lo

The game will probably run on older lower-end devices but this will increase the chances of crashes and the game not loading due to Out of Memory or WebGL errors.

What you can try if your farm isn't loading or you are getting an error:
  • Web GL disabled issues - If your have been loading the game fine and been able to play and your browser suddenly disables Web GL, check for browser updates, do them if they are needed then close your browser for a few minutes. Then reopen it and try again.
    Even if no browser updates need doing, close the browser for a few minutes then reopen it and try again.
    If you tend to get this frequently, don't leave the game loaded in any browser tab when you are not actually playing.

• Clear your browsers cache. Reload and try again. Note, when you do this, the first time your farm loads it will load slightly slower as all the graphics have to be loaded from fresh.

• Resetting your modem/router can sometimes rectify a problem. Power off your computer, turn off and then unplug your router for a few minutes, and then turn everything back on.

Flash player is no longer needed for Farm Town! Disable the FarmTown Flash enabler if you have it enabled.

• Adding extensions to browser can sometimes cause problems in the game, if you know you've added/or enabled any recently try disabling them while you try to load the game.

• If it's none of the above also try another browser to see if you get the same problem there.

• The more you add to your farm the riskier it will become for people at lower levels of RAM. Remember to take into consideration that other programs you have installed on your computer may also be using a lot of RAM.

• For more information on specific Errors please read the following thread Error Messages

If you need instructions for things like clearing memcache, clearing browser cache/history, router/modem and server tests and more things you can check for, please read the following thread: Click Here

If your farms are too slow to load because they have too many *different* items or because of a slow internet connection:
Try enabling the 'Compressed Graphics' option in the Preferences screen.
The graphics will have a bit less quality but will load faster.

Click on the preferences icon top right of your game screen.
Add the check mark for Compressed Graphics.
You will see a popup with information.
Click on the green check mark on that popup.
Then also click on the green check mark at the bottom of the preferences window to save your changes.
Reload Farm Town.

Last edited by Tiger; May 06 2022 at 07:55 AM.
Old Oct 14 2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1971 View Post
Hi, My Chrome is up to date and the Flash Enabler is not working, so I removed it, restarted the browser, re-added it, still not working. Anyone know why?
Hi Dana

I moved your post to the thread about Cannot load the game.

Flash enabler is not working anymore. If you try to load the farm and you get a picture with instructions, you have to follow them to allow flash.

Most browsers have changed the way to allow flash and now it is not permanently so you will have to allow flash everytime you close and reopen your browser.

You have all instructions for different browsers in the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648778
Old Oct 14 2020, 05:00 PM

Is there anyway you guys can put a notice on farm town page to tell other members that the flash player issue with browsers is NOT your fault I am commenting on around 20 posts PER DAY telling people you guys are not to blame. This would solve any issues regarding flash people think slashkey are banning flash from there browsers
Old Oct 14 2020, 05:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post
Is there anyway you guys can put a notice on farm town page to tell other members that the flash player issue with browsers is NOT your fault I am commenting on around 20 posts PER DAY telling people you guys are not to blame. This would solve any issues regarding flash people think slashkey are banning flash from there browsers
Hi Alexm,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about loading problems as this has nothing to do with the current release.
I don't think adding another banner above their farms is going to change their minds. They already get the instructions on what to do to fix the issue if they are using Chrome.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 14 2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Dana

I moved your post to the thread about Cannot load the game.

Flash enabler is not working anymore. If you try to load the farm and you get a picture with instructions, you have to follow them to allow flash.

Most browsers have changed the way to allow flash and now it is not permanently so you will have to allow flash everytime you close and reopen your browser.

You have all instructions for different browsers in the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648778
I have followed the directions and am still keep getting the picture with instructions.
Old Oct 14 2020, 07:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
I have followed the directions and am still keep getting the picture with instructions.
Hi Ccheney,
Try the directions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648778
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 14 2020, 08:33 PM
Account Not Linked

when i did these steps there was no reload available i just clicked on the 'play' button and game reloaded
Old Oct 14 2020, 08:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyMartin View Post
when i did these steps there was no reload available i just clicked on the 'play' button and game reloaded
Hi TammyMartin,
As long as you got in then you should be good to go. Reload and the play button do the same thing.
Old Oct 15 2020, 02:11 AM

Hi again. I sorted the loading out about a week ago, with your help. This morning the instuctions came up ( click padlock ) etc. The second step was already on allow but when I complete it just goes back to original instructions. Any help appreciated please. Please disregard above. After 2 hours of fluffing about, I went on settings and Flash was disabled for some reason. All good now.

Last edited by tina7447; Oct 15 2020 at 04:24 AM. Reason: sorted
Old Oct 15 2020, 04:56 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina7447 View Post
Hi again. I sorted the loading out about a week ago, with your help. This morning the instuctions came up ( click padlock ) etc. The second step was already on allow but when I complete it just goes back to original instructions. Any help appreciated please. Please disregard above. After 2 hours of fluffing about, I went on settings and Flash was disabled for some reason. All good now.
Hi tina7447,

Well done for sorting it out yourself and thank you for coming back to let us know.

Should you need them in the future, there is a list of instructions for several different browsers in the following link that also lists another method for enabling flash :

Ongoing changes to Flash Player - FT FLash Enabler Extension

Tags
cannot load game, connecting to mainframe, farm not loading, farm town not loading, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, white screen, x025, x025 error