Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 16 2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roz1972 View Post
the same thing has happened to me just now harvesting my neighbours farm , went back and the flowers reappeared but had 11 hours or so till they could be harvest .however i was still getting the coins and they stayed but i had no flowers either
Roz....
Would you please also post this under the Help & Support area, if you haven't already done so?? There is a thread called "Flowers, watering sprinkler, problems with flowers, etc. etc." and Tiger has been gathering info to pass along to the devs. There seems to be a glitch somewhere, and the more info and reports they get, the sooner they can find the problem!
Thanks so much for posting!!
Old Sep 16 2011, 04:49 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roz1972 View Post
the same thing has happened to me just now harvesting my neighbours farm , went back and the flowers reappeared but had 11 hours or so till they could be harvest .however i was still getting the coins and they stayed but i had no flowers either
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
Roz....
Would you please also post this under the Help & Support area, if you haven't already done so?? There is a thread called "Flowers, watering sprinkler, problems with flowers, etc. etc." and Tiger has been gathering info to pass along to the devs. There seems to be a glitch somewhere, and the more info and reports they get, the sooner they can find the problem!
Thanks so much for posting!!
It's ok I had spotted it, was just a bit slow to get back to you , was busy in another area.

Deb I have seen your other post in H&S as well. Thank you for the information

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 16 2011, 06:16 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbskts View Post
Also with respect...there's been some quite unwarranted condescension on the part of some of the people who like the current situation toward people who are having problems with it. Nobody enjoys the sort of "just try using a bit of intelligence and you'll find it'll be fine" put-downs that we've been seeing, or being told to simply change the way they play the game and stop complaining, even though they were doing their complaining in a feedback thread, which is at least partly what feedback threads are for.
Amen tnbskts...
Old Sep 16 2011, 11:14 PM

You know you are right. Several days ago I posted t thread that I can't find now But the basics of what I said were " At first I resented the loss of the brown sprinkler. It just took me a while to get my head around the red one and how it works. I now think it is a great addition to the tools we have to help us farm. It just requires a slight rethinking and some planning on how we plant our farms"

Fritz
Old Sep 17 2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fritz View Post
You know you are right. Several days ago I posted t thread that I can't find now But the basics of what I said were " At first I resented the loss of the brown sprinkler. It just took me a while to get my head around the red one and how it works. I now think it is a great addition to the tools we have to help us farm. It just requires a slight rethinking and some planning on how we plant our farms"

Fritz
I do not resent the loss but I still want my brown sprinkler back. I just had to water using the watering can because I had dead flowers but did not want to irrigate the current crop. I think knowing I paid cash for a convenience tool and not being able to use it is what is annoying.
Old Sep 17 2011, 09:43 AM

Thanks Raul & slashkey team! Awesome, awesome application!
Old Sep 17 2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
I do not resent the loss but I still want my brown sprinkler back. I just had to water using the watering can because I had dead flowers but did not want to irrigate the current crop. I think knowing I paid cash for a convenience tool and not being able to use it is what is annoying.
I also have used the watering can when I didn't want to speed up crops that were planted. I've just decided that Farmtown is a game I enjoy and the inconvience of not having the brown sprinkler, is not going to ruin it for me.

Fritz
Old Sep 17 2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fritz View Post
I also have used the watering can when I didn't want to speed up crops that were planted. I've just decided that Farmtown is a game I enjoy and the inconvience of not having the brown sprinkler, is not going to ruin it for me.

Fritz
I agree in that it does not ruin it for me. But if the devs are working on it and it is changed I will be appreciative! I think enough people have expressed dissatisfaction that they probably are.
Old Sep 17 2011, 12:26 PM
Account Not Linked

I too want my brown sprinkler back. I have some farms that have flowers for decoration. I now have to look at them dead and brown as I can't water them without affecting all my trees. Does this matter? Well, it does to my timing schedule. I choose not to irrigate my trees, and I have two farms that include both trees and decorative flowers. I also have a flower farm that I am happy to allow to take 4 days to mature. I can't water them now. I have to rely on the harvester to water them before working.

In other words, I have lost choice over the appearance of my farm and the way I work it.

Also, I have lost choice over my crops. I have to factor in that 20-hour limit on replanting. I would have loved to use the irrigator for 8-hour crops, so that I don't have to harvest them in the evening when I should be resting. If I do that, I have to plan carefully what I will plant next, as it won't be irrigated.

I think something we have paid so much money for should be more convenient. It should irrigate ALL crops, either like the manure spreader (where it's the ground that's affected) or by us being able to use it again on a new crop.
Old Sep 17 2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianedrayson View Post
I too want my brown sprinkler back. I have some farms that have flowers for decoration. I now have to look at them dead and brown as I can't water them without affecting all my trees. Does this matter? Well, it does to my timing schedule. I choose not to irrigate my trees, and I have two farms that include both trees and decorative flowers. I also have a flower farm that I am happy to allow to take 4 days to mature. I can't water them now. I have to rely on the harvester to water them before working.

In other words, I have lost choice over the appearance of my farm and the way I work it.

Also, I have lost choice over my crops. I have to factor in that 20-hour limit on replanting. I would have loved to use the irrigator for 8-hour crops, so that I don't have to harvest them in the evening when I should be resting. If I do that, I have to plan carefully what I will plant next, as it won't be irrigated.

I think something we have paid so much money for should be more convenient. It should irrigate ALL crops, either like the manure spreader (where it's the ground that's affected) or by us being able to use it again on a new crop.
The red sprinkler does nothing to the trees.
Closed Thread