Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 24 2021, 04:07 AM

Default DarleneMac52

USER ID number ( 100008362357274 )

Regular quests are not working correctly for me today. All was good yesterday. I tried to open a new quest - another one popped open below it - I now have 4 new ones. Did another FT memcache - all 4 new ones are gone - the last step I had started in the first one is no longer going as I had started that one. My quests are saying they are expired. I only started them. I did not get credit for 2 of them. thx Darlene - PS I know I am not thte only one this is happening for.
Old Apr 24 2021, 05:24 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirondelle View Post
Hi, is it possible to hide crops while planting , as we could do before ? For the moment they are just hidden when the whole farm is seeded . ( 1416281301 )

Thanks
Hi Hirondelle,

This may be related to what's happening with Quests. It's possible that everyone has been given a version they were not meant to have just yet where that's not working correctly.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 24 2021, 05:40 AM

Hi everyone, we have let the developers know about the various issues with Quests today, steps not showing as started or completed and new Quests not staying open.

We will update this thread as soon as as we have more information.

All further posts about the current Quest Issues will be moved to the Help and Support thread for Quests and answered there to keep this thread free for other reports.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Apr 24 2021, 12:08 PM

Thanks for all your hard work. FarmTown is the only game I still play since I joined in 2009 and I would have missed it very much.

I was glad to see quests start up. However, this morning I harvested several things for quests but the quests did not recognize them. I have a quest that will expire before any more wheat grows now. Then I manufactured a wall toilet and that did not show up either. Not a big deal but a bit annoying,
Old Apr 24 2021, 12:36 PM

Hi everyone, Raul has fixed the bug that caused the Quest issues today. Please reload your game and try your Quests now and see if all is working fine for you as well.

We apologize for the wait for the fix, thanks for your patience with all of this!

Clickable Help Links:

Old Apr 24 2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Donna,
Did refreshing the farm fix it?

Was planting the crop the only thing you have done before this?

Is this a layered farm?
We have not seen this nor had any other reports of this. Could have just been a 1 time glitch in the graphics.
I had another occurrence of this same issue. It is on a farm that was layered long ago before FT changes. It has 6 layers. This is not the same farm first reported. I have attached a screen print of the final occurrence. As I planted, there were the same items displaying. I thought I was capturing each one....but....just the last one.
I apologize for not responding. I just recently discovered how to find the responses.
Thank you
Donna Henderson
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unusal Plowed areas in the air.jpg (18.7 KB, 12 views)
Old Apr 24 2021, 01:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Henderson View Post
I had another occurrence of this same issue. It is on a farm that was layered long ago before FT changes. It has 6 layers. This is not the same farm first reported. I have attached a screen print of the final occurrence. As I planted, there were the same items displaying. I thought I was capturing each one....but....just the last one.
I apologize for not responding. I just recently discovered how to find the responses.
Thank you
Donna Henderson
Hi Donna,
As they are outside the farm and not interfering with your planting the crops I would not worry about it as it is a minor issue. This may clear up later as they get everything back in the game and have time to look into the minor display issue.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 24 2021, 02:15 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I have seen the same problem with some plots moving to outside the border. Just ignore them finish your planting and mine disappear then or if they don't just refresh the page and they will be gone. This seems to happen in a hit or miss situation.
Old Apr 24 2021, 03:14 PM

My purple "Plant Irrigator" is still not staying put when I add it to an empty space on my toolbar with the "Shortcut" tool. Sometimes it stays all day, sometimes for a few farms, and occasionally for only one use, then the space on the toolbar is empty again. It doesn't seem to matter which space on the toolbar I use, and it's only the purple "Plant Irrigator" that's affected. Not a killer, but irritating.

bru
Old Apr 24 2021, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhelmboldt View Post
My purple "Plant Irrigator" is still not staying put when I add it to an empty space on my toolbar with the "Shortcut" tool. Sometimes it stays all day, sometimes for a few farms, and occasionally for only one use, then the space on the toolbar is empty again. It doesn't seem to matter which space on the toolbar I use, and it's only the purple "Plant Irrigator" that's affected. Not a killer, but irritating.

bru
Hi bruhelmboldt

Please try running your memcache, link below, a new window will open with a short list of unsettings.
Close that window and your farm is it was open in another tab. Then reopen your farms.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

After clearing memcache, then click in the shortcut icon, then move the purple sprinkler from your tool box to a new space and then click in Close Shortcuts Editor button.

Check if the purple sprinkler then stayed there.

We will try to reproduce your problem. Thanks!
Closed Thread