Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Dec 23 2023, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
I figured as much, but I am on my way out the door since the regional chain does not carry the Oreo pie I want to get for Christmas. Her user ID is 663029192 and it is her farm 14 is where her trains are located. Sometimes the trains are choosy about the box car order or at least have been in the past. So it may be required to place the refrigerator car elsewhere in the line to get all 10 recognized as attached by the train manager. I had noticed this back when the trains were first brought online as a feature of the game and had assumed it was fixed by now. Otherwise I would have moved the box cars around so it was between the 2 grey ones. Anyway, if someone can get to it in the next couple hours that would be great. In any case, Feliz Navidad.
Hi Qivis

Your friend has to wait till the Standard train is back to be able to move the Refrigerator long car and to attach it correctly. There is no way to attach it while the train is in its trip.

She or you if you have the credentials to login as her, need to be sure to use the yellow hand to attach the long car correctly instead of using the green or purple hands.

There are 2 methods to check if all long cars are correctly attacheck and it is better to try both of them before dispatching the train.

1. Hover the mouse on the locomotive and see if all cars and locomotive highlight.

2. Click in the locomotive and then in Show Train details. Under Freight cars you will see all the cars correctly attached with a white background. The other cars not correctly attached or the ones you dont own yet, will show dimmed out.
Old Dec 23 2023, 12:55 PM

I already did precisely what you said to do. So it should be working properly already. It is also why the train is right along the edge of the farm and it is SHOWING as attached.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Dec 23 2023, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I already did precisely what you said to do. So it should be working properly already. It is also why the train is right along the edge of the farm and it is SHOWING as attached.
That train has only 9 long cars attached correctly. You or your friend will be able to attach the long refrigerated car once the train is back.

Just remember to check both methods I listed before dispatching that train again in 5 or 6 days.
Old Dec 23 2023, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
That train has only 9 long cars attached correctly. You or your friend will be able to attach the long refrigerated car once the train is back.

Just remember to check both methods I listed before dispatching that train again in 5 or 6 days.
I may as well not have made my post to the forum. I have ALWAYS used the yellow hand to line them up along the edges and both methods of checking to make sure they are attached already showed TEN attached cars before I dispatched the train. In other words, this is NOT USER ERROR. I do not report things on the forum if there is not a genuine problem with the game operation.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Dec 23 2023, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I may as well not have made my post to the forum. I have ALWAYS used the yellow hand to line them up along the edges and both methods of checking to make sure they are attached already showed TEN attached cars before I dispatched the train. In other words, this is NOT USER ERROR. I do not report things on the forum if there is not a genuine problem with the game operation.
That train only has 9 long cars correctly attached, no matter 10 long cars highlight when you hover the mouse on the locomotive.
That is why I told you to also check the second method which will really show you how many cars are attached to a train.

You can report it to support if you wish, but there is nothing they can do to fix that train as it is travelling. You need to wait for it to go back home, unload it and then attach the long refrigerated car.

And please check both methods before you send that train again or any other train.
Old Dec 23 2023, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
That train only has 9 long cars correctly attached, no matter 10 long cars highlight when you hover the mouse on the locomotive.
That is why I told you to also check the second method which will really show you how many cars are attached to a train.

You can report it to support if you wish, but there is nothing they can do to fix that train as it is travelling. You need to wait for it to go back home, unload it and then attach the long refrigerated car.

And please check both methods before you send that train again or any other train.
I already DID ALL THIS before making my original post. BOTH methods showed all ten box cars attached. So the left side of the train manager shows attached but the right hand side one shows only 9 when it is SUPPOSED to show all 10. The problem did not happen until AFTER I had dispatched it. So it is a problem with the game and not how I lined them up. I explained all this in my report to support

Old Dec 23 2023, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I already DID ALL THIS before making my original post. BOTH methods showed all ten box cars attached. So the left side of the train manager shows attached but the right hand side one shows only 9 when it is SUPPOSED to show all 10. The problem did not happen until AFTER I had dispatched it. So it is a problem with the game and not how I lined them up. I explained all this in my report to support
Then please continue working with Support. Thanks!
Old Dec 30 2023, 07:52 PM

100000491650645 Build No: 576

I have all my trains hooked up and highlighted but when i check the locomotive it says some cars are not hooked up properly what do i need to do to fix this issue
Old Dec 30 2023, 08:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilli1 View Post
100000491650645 Build No: 576

I have all my trains hooked up and highlighted but when i check the locomotive it says some cars are not hooked up properly what do i need to do to fix this issue
Hi Rwilli,
You need to redo them with either the yellow hand or no hand. If you use the green or purple hand it will look like they are connected right but they are not. Remember you will have to wait until the trains are back and unloaded before you can move the cars.
After you get them moved, before you dispatch them be sure to check in the first tab of the train details to make sure all of them you have are showing in white.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 30 2023, 08:48 PM

i used the yellow hand and still it says some are not properly hooked up cause when i check the locomotive they are not greyed out so that means they are not linked properly

Tags
train not dispatched, trains not working