Old Sep 12 2011, 12:46 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
If you water your friends flowers they can still use the red sprinkler and speed up the growth of crops and flowers that same day.
No Jas, that is incorrect. I am fastidious about keeping everything on a schedule. I made the mistake of watering my dead flowers before I hired someone to harvest them, I removed the red sprinkler from my storage and used the brown to water. After they were harvested I couldn't irrigate them. 4 days ago I hired someone to harvest my flowers. I have 2 full farms. After she did the first farm I watered with my red sprinkler. It cut the time in half. When I went to the 2nd farm after they were harvested she watered them and I tried to use my red sprinkler and it told me I couldn't. So my flowers were off sequence.
So yesterday I watered to make sure they wouldn't die by the time I got around to harvesting today. I had someone harvest them and it said I had to wait 25 minutes to water again. Okay no problem. I did other things. I came back 35 min later and someone had watered them. I tried to use my red sprinkler and it told me A farm can only be watered once a day.

I rarely make complaints. I love this game and have spent hundreds of dollars on it. I am quite ****** I spent money on the red sprinkler and half the time I can't use it because a neighbor does something nice and it ends up screwing me. This really needs to be fixed. Perhaps make the brown/white sprinkler just a sprinkler and the red on an irrigation device. That way if flowers don't get harvested on time and someone needs to water them before they can and then I can still irrigate after. To me this setup is a major issue that needs to be addressed.
Old Sep 12 2011, 01:07 PM

I WANT MY BROWN SPRINKLER BACK - I have a 12 hour crop growing on farm 3 that won't be ready until 11:00 pm tonight, but my decorative flowers on that farm need watering. I don't know what I'm gonna plant 10 hours from now and my flowers are getting ready to die. This is ridiculous. I should be able to water without it affecting the function of the red sprinkler. Why do we have to SCREAM to get anything done. The fact is, if I bought a Monopoly game at the store, it would work exactly the same 10 years from now as it does today. Same should be true when you take our money to play your game.....GIVE US BACK WHAT WE ALREADY PAID FOR.

I will really think twice before spending ANY more money on any of these games because it may be gone tomorrow on the whim of somebody that doesn't even play the game every day.
Old Sep 12 2011, 01:31 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Okay after I posted a little bit ago I read through the rest of the posts and I figured a few things out.

1) For those that keep saying they don't want to speed up their flower time. This is a moot point because flowers just wither and need to be re watered to come back. They do not spoil. And regardless if you speed up time or not, if you wait to long they will wither. So why not speed them up and get double the output?

2) As for neighbors watering and that preventing us from using the red sprinkler I figured it out with the help of other people who have posted. Both of my farms with flowers only have flowers and facilities. I do not plant crops. As one person suggested I went and put down one field, planted a grape, then tried to irrigate to speed up my flowers. It worked. Then I deleted the plot pf grapes. While I am glad this was figured out that still leaves issues.
A) If people do not have room to put down a plot then that "fix" will not work for them.
B) Should I really have to spend the time to plow, plant, irrigate and then delete one plot every time I want to speed up my flowers? It is a bit annoying.
Old Sep 12 2011, 02:05 PM

all the issues that every one is having with the new sprinkler...is the reason i will not purchase it!! ugh!!
Old Sep 12 2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misherkin View Post
I'm probably in the wrong pew but where do you use the cork oak trees or do you use them at all? Would really appreciate someone answering this. Thanks
you need cork in the fishing supplies
Old Sep 12 2011, 02:55 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
Mine just says mobile sprinkler.
I also moved the flowers to a different farm and added some more. That farm also says moblile sprinkler.
Neither farm has been irrigated by me in the last 20hrs

Thanks
Hello,
Thank you for your information. One more question, do you have any crops on the farm that you are having problems using the red sprinkler on? If not, and you have room, could you try plowing 1 field and plant anything on it, then try using the red sprinkler. See if it lets you use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt View Post
Just harvested flowers on 11 again (same farm). When I tried to water them it said flowers can only be watered once a day. When I hover over the flowers one of the rain drop symbols is clear so I don't think anyone watered there today. When I hover over the sprinkler symbol it just says "mobile sprinkler". I haven't watered that farm since 9/10/11.
Hello,

You really need 2 or more drops clear before you water again. If i remember correctly, wasn't this the farm you moved the flowers to today? If it was, the water drops would have reset when you placed them on the new farm.
Have you put any crops on farm 11 yet? If not, and you have the space, try plowing and planting 1 field, then see if the red sprinkler will let you speed up growth time.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 12 2011, 03:04 PM

I am sure the sprinkler bugs are being worked on.

In the meantime I had a farm with flowers, no crops and I could not water it. I plowed one field, planted and was able to water. Since then I have deleted the one plot but am still able to water. Just an FYI.

Last edited by LoreneC; Sep 12 2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old Sep 12 2011, 04:08 PM
Account Not Linked

I was fine with the red sprinkler until today when I went to my farms and all my flowers were wilted.
I put the brown sprinkler on one farm and tried that. No, that does not work. It triggers the flag indicating that irrigation has taken place by the red sprinkler and I must wait 20 hours to use the actual function of the red sprinkler to decrease harvest time.
I had a friend come to water a farm with only flowers on it. I thought this worked because the popup over the red sprinkler did not show after they were watered. No, that didn't work until after I planted one crop on that farm then I was able to irrigate with the red sprinkler.
The farms that I already had crops on were then a problem because I had only asked my friend to water the big flower farm without crops which she did right before logging off. If I used the red sprinkler to irrigate I'd be wasting it because the crops were already irrigated and it wouldn't really irrigate anything. I'd have to wait 20 hours to irrigate again. None of my friends with the sprinkler were online and I couldn't get anyone in the market to come water them for me. I had no choice but to use the old bucket to water all my flowers and that took forever! Finally I was done with all my flowers so that later when I planted new crops I was able to irrigate them.
All but the one farm which I used the brown sprinkler on turned out okay but the time it took to do this was soooo frustrating.
When each of the sprinklers came out I purchased them immediately just like every other tool in this game that decreases the amount of clicks I have to make. I have always felt they were well worth the real money it costs to buy them! Until now. Now I feel that I completely lost the money I spent on the brown sprinkler because it is no longer in the game for me. It is still there for anyone that does not own the red one, but disappears as soon as you buy the red one.
I don't understand why this is still the case after reading all of the complaints here on the forum about taking away our brown sprinkler. Having worked on code all my life, I am sure that the code for the brown sprinkler function is archived and could be reimplemented while keeping the function of the new red sprinkler by adding a couple flags. It wouldn't put it back into the extended tools box but at least the functionality would be back if we placed it on our farms. The developers have always worked hard to correct things that didn't go quite well in a new release and I have all the respect in the world for this great team of developers.
It is a bit disheartening, though, to see the statement that there are no known issues as of Sept 2nd in the first post of this thread. I feel as many others do that the loss of the brown sprinkler function of only watering wilted flowers should be listed as a known issue so that we at least know you are working on restoring it to us. After all, we did pay 50 FC for the new red sprinkler not knowing we would be losing the function of the brown sprinkler.
Old Sep 12 2011, 06:05 PM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hello,
Thank you for your information. One more question, do you have any crops on the farm that you are having problems using the red sprinkler on? If not, and you have room, could you try plowing 1 field and plant anything on it, then try using the red sprinkler. See if it lets you use it.
Thanks Tiger, I plowed one field and planted and could use the red sprinkler straight after

Level 725

Old Sep 12 2011, 08:40 PM

thank you for the updates when are the next levels coming out
Closed Thread