Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old Jan 01 2021, 07:56 AM
Tiger's Avatar
Tiger Tiger is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 12 2010
Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Posts: 9,348
Default

Hi Everyone!
Every New Year when the time in your time zone hits midnight, the Quests completed count drops to 0.
This does correct itself, you just have to be patient and wait.

Please remember that at the date and time of this post, there is currently no access to Quests in HTML5. Those won't be there until the the developers have had time to add back all the features needed for them in HTML5.

For now you can only do quests in the Flash version.


We do not have a date and time for the permanent move to HTML5 yet.
It's possible that now the support for flash player has ended that browsers may start permanently blocking flash player. That is not something we have any control over. If that happens and you are unable to find a browser that still allows flash to run, then you won't be able to continue with the Quests as you'll have to use the HTML5 version.

__________________
Tiger


Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Jan 08 2021, 09:03 PM
Sundos Sundos is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 05 2013
Posts: 92
Default

so I am doing a regular quest and need to build a gutter w/downpipe. It starts with I need produce copper ore. So I click on Lifeline. It says I can "procure goods for this quest also by trading with other farmers in the market" .. So what is this about.. seems that the Lifeline only works with regular products per the forum info "This will help if you need a basic ingredient that can be bought from another farmer ( e.g. harvested crops, harvested animal products, chopped trees, fish, harvested flowers). You can not buy products made in facilities from another farmer." So is this just some way to say HAHAHAHA you can't use this lifeline for this quest? So why is it the lifeline it provided?? .. No need for any reply. But I want you to know I think it is another BS point of questing. Sad and confused again over a stupid quest AGAIN!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Jan 08 2021, 09:12 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 20,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundos View Post
so I am doing a regular quest and need to build a gutter w/downpipe. It starts with I need produce copper ore. So I click on Lifeline. It says I can "procure goods for this quest also by trading with other farmers in the market" .. So what is this about.. seems that the Lifeline only works with regular products per the forum info "This will help if you need a basic ingredient that can be bought from another farmer ( e.g. harvested crops, harvested animal products, chopped trees, fish, harvested flowers). You can not buy products made in facilities from another farmer." So is this just some way to say HAHAHAHA you can't use this lifeline for this quest? So why is it the lifeline it provided?? .. No need for any reply. But I want you to know I think it is another BS point of questing. Sad and confused again over a stupid quest AGAIN!
Hi Sundos,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about quests to answer you.
The lifelines are randomly assigned just as the quests are. They do not know what you need or don't need for the quest.
I am wondering why you are not starting the copper ore from your own mineral mine rather than wanting to get it from someone else?
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Jan 09 2021, 06:34 PM
Sundos Sundos is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 05 2013
Posts: 92
Default

I was short of time on last quest for 7 days.. but I did start it and got it and collected already. I don't use lifeline unless I don't think I can do it myself first of all. But like I said above, HOW would I get it from someone else. Forum says I cannot get anything but regular products from others in trade/marketplace. So I take it that anything from facilities I am not able to get that way. Copper ore is not a harvested crop, tree, flower, animal or fish right? or is that wrong in forum info? Also saw that trade warehouse is not available for quests. Though I can't figure out how to get anything there unless it is regular products either. So can you explain to me (because I must be ignorant) how would I get it from anyone else by trading in marketplace. -- I said no reply needed. but you replied. So I will try to remember to check back. The only reason I was in forum today is because now for about 28 hours I have received NO GIFTS in my game though I know others have sent them.. so where are they. I did send a "support" thing to facebook. But who know if they got that. I don't. Anyway, still no gifts ..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Jan 09 2021, 06:44 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 20,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundos View Post
I was short of time on last quest for 7 days.. but I did start it and got it and collected already. I don't use lifeline unless I don't think I can do it myself first of all. But like I said above, HOW would I get it from someone else. Forum says I cannot get anything but regular products from others in trade/marketplace. So I take it that anything from facilities I am not able to get that way. Copper ore is not a harvested crop, tree, flower, animal or fish right? or is that wrong in forum info? Also saw that trade warehouse is not available for quests. Though I can't figure out how to get anything there unless it is regular products either. So can you explain to me (because I must be ignorant) how would I get it from anyone else by trading in marketplace. -- I said no reply needed. but you replied. So I will try to remember to check back. The only reason I was in forum today is because now for about 28 hours I have received NO GIFTS in my game though I know others have sent them.. so where are they. I did send a "support" thing to facebook. But who know if they got that. I don't. Anyway, still no gifts ..
Hi Sundos,
With the Trading lifeline you can only get basic items from other farmers. It does say specifically that you can not get anything from facilities. The mines are facilities.


For your gift problem, I am sorry we do not know why this happens to some occasionally.


There are a couple of things you can try:

Try this 1st:
If you have not already done so, please try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and see if My Requests has corrected and is now showing you gifts.

If it does correct the problem but then it comes back again or the clearing did not help, then you've still got stuck gifts in the game activity area so it's up to you to if want to wait a few days and see if the problem corrects itself or you if want to continue trying to correct it yourself. If you want to continue trying you'll need to continue with the following:

Try this if the problem persists: Exchange/accept all gifts and boost any trains in My requests until none are showing up again.

Go back to the games activity area and see if any more are showing up there.

If there are and you recognise which ones you have already accepted, you need to click the x on all of those to get rid of them, including the train boosts. Then see if My Requests starts working again for new gifts.

If you don't know which gifts you've already accepted, the quickest method is to Ignore all of the requests, then see if My Requests corrects. You may not want to do that you might prefer to ignore less than that and see if it corrects. We have no way of telling you which ones may be stuck.

That section of Facebook can only show you up to 100 requests at a time so if clearing the 1st 100 doesn't resolve your problem, you will have to go back to that area more than once to clear more of them out and it's possible that you may end up having to clear all of them out, so it's entirely up top you what you prefer to do.

For speed in case you need it here's' a direct link to the games activity area of Facebook so you don't have to go via the Facebook Games bookmark :
https://www.facebook.com/games/activity


If you continue having problems with gifts please post about it in the gifts thread, so we can keep all of that organized by subject so anyone can find it.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old Jan 09 2021, 06:53 PM
Sundos Sundos is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 05 2013
Posts: 92
Default

cleared cache, thanks. but it did not help.
thank you for the link to facebook games activity. I thought I had it saved. Looked all over facebook and couldn't find it. Thought they got rid of it with new fb changes that they are always doing. lol.. THANKS! I think I can get it worked out now. Says I have gifts from Thursday still in there but it is working one at a time. And I did save the link
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Jan 09 2021, 06:59 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 20,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundos View Post
cleared cache, thanks. but it did not help.
thank you for the link to facebook games activity. I thought I had it saved. Looked all over facebook and couldn't find it. Thought they got rid of it with new fb changes that they are always doing. lol.. THANKS! I think I can get it worked out now. Says I have gifts from Thursday still in there but it is working one at a time. And I did save the link
Hi Sundos,
The "Games" link is in the top part of left column. You have to click on See More.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Jan 11 2021, 02:48 PM
Annie Rieck Annie Rieck is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 28 2017
Location: South Africa
Posts: 5
Default

I cannot see the quests since new version. Is it one of the items you will fix or will it be gone forever now
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Jan 11 2021, 02:53 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 20,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Rieck View Post
I cannot see the quests since new version. Is it one of the items you will fix or will it be gone forever now
Hi Annie,
The quests are not available in the HTML version at the moment. The developers will be adding the missing parts over the next few weeks.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Jan 12 2021, 04:21 AM
keith of maisie farm uk keith of maisie farm uk is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 13 2020
Posts: 30
Default

today I was due to collect farm town cash from a quest but as quest now no longer working I have lost it I guess, not happy as i was going to dd it my other farm town cash and buy a factory grrrrrrr
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
8 quests, brown quests, completed quest, employee lifeline, friends list, gift issues, gift lifeline, lifeline, lifelines, personal quests, quest, quest manager, quest rewards, quest time, quests, quests completed, regular quests, trader lifeline

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.