Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 30 2015, 01:06 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK... View Post
Suddenly, my green hand is unable to move a facility on top of crops... Really has made life miserable. If I can find a certain place along the edge I can move them outside the farm, but other than that I can't move anything. Can't move ponds or seacoasts inside the farm, either....
I have the same problem. It worked until this morning, and now it's no longer possible. In fact I had no problems on Chromium (and only slowness on Chrome) until now. I suspect it's because of either a) the flash problem with hidden items becoming unhidden even when unchecked (which only started today for me) or b) the removal of the red squares when hiding trees etc (which is new from today), or c) a combination of the above.

The red squares - they disappear anyway if you hide and reload, and they are extremely useful, e.g. when planting small trees behind bigger ones - then you know where not to plant. Now you have to guess and hope your aim is good.

If this red square issue prevents placing trees and flowers and facilities on top of crops, it will drive a lot of people away from the game ... and so the devs should consider reversing that change.

I'm having problems aiming the smaller tools (which I use for harvesting small numbers of fields on my quest farm) - the 1x2 harvest tool harvests trees as well, so now I either need to wait till this is all fixed before doing quests properly, or moving all my trees to the upper end of the farm (which I have done tonight.)
Old Oct 30 2015, 01:11 PM

Just to add ... I suspect the devs made the options available to tick for hiding certain items so that if flowers were planted behind small trees, people could get to them ... or plant them there. I think many, if not most, have realised that this allows trees/facilities etc to be planted where crops are if the crops are hidden. I don't know if this is contrary to the "no stacking/layering" policy, or if that applies only to crops. Either way, at least for me and some others, that has effectively ended. And that is what will drive people (customers) away.

Having redone my quest farm, I can live with it ... and really don't want to leave, and this isn't going to make me leave. I'll be planting long term crops for a while, and then if there is no fix, redesign my farms so one farm has only flowers, another only trees (I'm not into the nice-looking decoration thing - I always ended up squeezing in a few fields between mansions to get that extra crop!)

Addition/edit: I notice now that I cannot easily load the farms of those with many facilities on the farm used to advertise work. E.g. one with 75 facilities - it hangs at 6% saying that it's loading facilities. I used to be able to avoid that by hiding all the facilities before I went around helping.

Last edited by RuralVirologist; Oct 30 2015 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Addition of bottom paragraph.
Old Oct 30 2015, 01:24 PM

another bug.... when you use the combine for harvesting plowing and seeding ... you do not get your xp or coins... I thought it was with the super neighbour only but it is on my own farm as well....

so frustrating maybe you can freeze the crops so we don't lose them as well. it's so much slower since last night....

also saying already done.....

Please fix
Old Oct 30 2015, 01:30 PM

Today has been the worst day EVER!!! Not only are buildings showing, which is just annoying, but trying to plant is HORRIBLE!!!! And why did you mess with my Facility Manager. I spent weeks organizing that and in just one click you take it all away. Last year you took all of my storage in crops/items and I have slowly built most of it back up. Some I think I will never catch up again (eggs/milk/ham/honey). I have spent a lot of money on this game but I guess that doesn't matter to you!! You picked the wrong day to stick that box up there asking me to rate this game!!! GRRRRRR
Old Oct 30 2015, 01:36 PM

Removing the red grid was a huge mistake. According to everyone on our FT chat group, we use those grids in order to place gift trees & flowers and other things we want to line up on the farms. Big boo hiss on that change. Just work on the Flash mess-up please!!
Old Oct 30 2015, 01:37 PM

Just seeing what happens when I harvest, plow and seed over a Leek crop with the combines - but just noticed the option in the preferences tool box to only show certain items doesnt seem to be working. I have selected to only show crops, trees and flowers and it is showing everything. Not a problem for my own farms but some of the friends whose facilities I work have a ton of stuff all on top of one another and its a nightmare.

EDIT

OK I swear I am going mad! Hidden items where the box is deselected in the preferences menu now are NOW NOT showing up on mine or neighbours farms UNTIL I use the combine, then they show up until I reload????? Beginning to think some trick or treater has snuck onto my farms early

PS I use Chrome and Windows 10

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****

Last edited by maggiel29; Oct 30 2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old Oct 30 2015, 01:41 PM

Default A nightmare

Farming today has been so stressful. I play the game to relax. Anyone know of a rehab center for FT players?
Old Oct 30 2015, 01:43 PM

When I have everything turned off "hidden" they still appear when working any farm.. Still have the "too close" farms and cannot zoom out.. Is there anyone working on these issues? I understand that the items showing when you have them hidden is in progress, but did Chrom or anyone else ever get a fix for the farms being too close and not being able to zoom out to original size?
Old Oct 30 2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookie Sue View Post
Farming today has been so stressful. I play the game to relax. Anyone know of a rehab center for FT players?
It is nearly Halloween

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Oct 30 2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triheart View Post
another bug.... when you use the combine for harvesting plowing and seeding ... you do not get your xp or coins... I thought it was with the super neighbour only but it is on my own farm as well....

so frustrating maybe you can freeze the crops so we don't lose them as well. it's so much slower since last night....

also saying already done.....

Please fix
Hi triheart

I just tried on my farms using the combine Harvest/Plant, you need to refresh the farm you are working on and you will see xp were added, same with coins.
Closed Thread