Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 29 2012, 09:18 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettepair View Post
I am working on a quest that requires me to get horse hair. The life line says I can use gifts but nothing in this quest if giftable, Why do you have that option when it is not usable. Another item in this game that is a joke. I do not have enough cash to get a stable and I will NOT be spending any cash to get them so I will not be doing any more of your phony quests. This is the second time the gift box came up and it did nothing, in fact it takes away the capability of my working other peoples facilities to get what I need. This really does need to be corrected as I have talked to others that have run into the same problem.
If you have the Janitorial Factory which is a coin factory just go into that and do a ingredients request for like the Vacuum Nozzle, that will get you your horse hair as a gift.
Old Jun 29 2012, 11:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by i try View Post
it was not the last. loading into a service facility is. i got the working lifeline, worked a fish and chips facil. on a friends farm, but didn't get credit in my quest! My storage shows that i received them but not in the quest like it was supposed to.
Did you have all the other blocks checked before working their facility?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 30 2012, 05:49 PM

I'm wondering what advantage there is in having a 'LIFELINE' . I have a quest now where I need Choc. liquor. The only way to get this is to BUY the factory which I'm not going to do. I asked for the lifeline thinking I could get the Choc. Liquor that way either through a "gift" or buy working someones factory that has the required factory on their farm. It says I can buy it in the market but no one has that ability because it is not offered. So WHY give us a lifeline ?????? Am I missing something????
Why are they giving us quests that we cannot do with the facilities that we have??? This is the 3rd time this has happened in various quest that I've done in the last 2 weeks.
Old Jun 30 2012, 06:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan Primeau View Post
I'm wondering what advantage there is in having a 'LIFELINE' . I have a quest now where I need Choc. liquor. The only way to get this is to BUY the factory which I'm not going to do. I asked for the lifeline thinking I could get the Choc. Liquor that way either through a "gift" or buy working someones factory that has the required factory on their farm. It says I can buy it in the market but no one has that ability because it is not offered. So WHY give us a lifeline ?????? Am I missing something????
Why are they giving us quests that we cannot do with the facilities that we have??? This is the 3rd time this has happened in various quest that I've done in the last 2 weeks.
Lifelines like the quests are random, there are times that you will not get the lifeline that you need and will just have to let that quest expire and there are times that the lifeline you need will show up.
Old Jun 30 2012, 06:45 PM

Default what is this lifeline??

awvwral people have mentioned a lifeline -- what is it and how do you get them?/
Old Jun 30 2012, 06:49 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneycs View Post
awvwral people have mentioned a lifeline -- what is it and how do you get them?/
Hi there,

The Game guide has that information, here's the link to that post........
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showpos...94&postcount=8

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jun 30 2012, 07:09 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I am working on a quest that requires making tie sets. I do not have the sewing facility, so I clicked the lifeline and got the employee lifeline. I have completed all steps and have the green check for all except the ties. After getting the employee lifeline, I worked a neighbors sewing facility and got 290 ties. The ties did not register in the quest as being completed. Now what do I do to finish this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 30 2012, 07:39 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dckirby View Post
I am working on a quest that requires making tie sets. I do not have the sewing facility, so I clicked the lifeline and got the employee lifeline. I have completed all steps and have the green check for all except the ties. After getting the employee lifeline, I worked a neighbors sewing facility and got 290 ties. The ties did not register in the quest as being completed. Now what do I do to finish this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Was making the ties the last step in the quest, if so, you can't use a lifeline for the final step, for more on lifelines and quests see the game guide, Chapter 29 - Quests. If it isn't the last step, then clear your cache and history and make sure all of the steps before the ties has a green check in it, then reload Farm Town and see if that works.
Old Jun 30 2012, 11:42 PM

o.k.then I got the wrong lifeline! So how do I get the right lifeline, in this case gifting rather than selling ??
Old Jul 01 2012, 12:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan Primeau View Post
o.k.then I got the wrong lifeline! So how do I get the right lifeline, in this case gifting rather than selling ??
As she said they are random...you don't get a choice which one you get. Just like the quests are random. When you accept a quest, it is not based on what facilities you have but on all facilities.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.