Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 24 2023, 02:26 PM

Default Thanks

Used the new app yesterday and works great except for the things you are working on. Is it definite that Farm Town will be removed from Facebook? Have they been threatening removal again? Glad the new app is now a reality!
Old Apr 24 2023, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Al View Post
Used the new app yesterday and works great except for the things you are working on. Is it definite that Farm Town will be removed from Facebook? Have they been threatening removal again? Glad the new app is now a reality!
Hi Auntie Al

Yes, there is a great risk. The following is part of the text developers posted in the New Release March 7th, 2023

1. WARNING! High Risk for Farmtown to be removed from Facebook:

As many of you know already, the latest Facebook requirements for Farmtown to continue to be available inside Facebook are now extremely demanding for our small team, therefore, there is a high chance that Farmtown will be disabled for a long time inside Facebook or even permanently.
Old Apr 24 2023, 10:39 PM

Default New FT Site

is the farmtown.com site a secure site?

Last edited by Taz D; Apr 24 2023 at 10:46 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Old Apr 24 2023, 10:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyinlife View Post
is the farmtown.com site a secure site?
Hi Joyinlife,
Yes it is. That is why it has the Https: at the beginning of the address. And is why you have to log in.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 24 2023, 11:34 PM

I have been using both apps. I have a question, how can I see the percentage of Buddies and Neighbors if I don't have anyone to click on to manage.

Also I want to commend the devolopers/programmers of this game. First to convert from flash and now to a stand alone game. You all have had big jobs and have been doing a great job! Thank you.
Old Apr 24 2023, 11:46 PM

Default More information on Buddy List available?

Good morning,
first of all: I love the new website and will be happy to play FT without Facebook, thanks to the team!

I am playing since 2009 and added people to my buddy list right from the start. Now, my neighbour list and buddy list are completely full and I have about 1000 contacts in Facebook playing Farmtown too.

Now I am thinking about cleaning up my buddy list like I regular do it with my neighbour list; I remove people not playing for a longer period from time to time. Not as friends, but as neighbours.

I have no idea about the activity and level of those people on my buddy list. I think some are my neighbours too. Some might not have been playing for years. I have just checked some buddies by visiting their farms; some had crops gone to waste, so these are probably dead accounts. Some were unable to visit as the farms got already archived.
Is it possible to add more information about the users on the buddy list, like the information available in the "my neighbours" tab? It is very awkward to visit the farms of every single person on my buddy list.

Is it possible to make the buddy list more comfortable to work with? I just started to delete some inactive accounts. Every time I come back to the list afterwards it jumps at the end of the list. So I always have to scroll back to the position I was before. And when is the list refreshed? i still see everybody I have deleted on it.
If I only see the avatar instead of a profile picture, is it a hint for inactivity?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by uma437; Apr 25 2023 at 12:03 AM.
Old Apr 24 2023, 11:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjade27 View Post
I have been using both apps. I have a question, how can I see the percentage of Buddies and Neighbors if I don't have anyone to click on to manage.

Also I want to commend the devolopers/programmers of this game. First to convert from flash and now to a stand alone game. You all have had big jobs and have been doing a great job! Thank you.
Hi Redjade

There isn't a way currently.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 25 2023, 03:27 AM

when i am requesting boosts for my train and request is accepted it is not showing in actions done below farm
Old Apr 25 2023, 06:12 AM

I love this faster farmtown. THANK YOU TEAM!! I do have a question about posting facilities and clints. I filled them and posted them but they do not appear on hubby's facility list is there a way for me to check so I don't post them again?
Old Apr 25 2023, 06:46 AM

Thanks for the improvement in the Buddy group. It is really nice that we can help each other with coop stickies. I often use my buddies to find coop items. Right now when I go through the buddies it always bounces back to the top of the list and I have to use the scroll bar to get back to where I left off. It can be difficult to remember which buddy I was looking at and when you increase the amount of buddies we can have it will make this worse.
Can you make it so that we can arrow through the group like we can for our neighbours and in the marketplace. Thanks
Closed Thread