Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I think its just the time... and the cost of course, I also bought the Yellow one as it takes the least amount of time to prepare, currently have almost 7 containers prepared to send, will send the ship when the entire 10 are prepared.. so not too long to wait,
Wow! Almost 7 finished! This is really pretty exciting. Only problem is that it's going to make me even MORE of an OCD Farm Town addict than before. I'm watching the clock like crazy - can hardly wait to start my next container (13 minutes to go). Of course . . . that's the point . . . and what makes this game so awesome.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 23 2016, 07:19 AM

What is the red number on the tools when I visit my neighbor's farm? It is showing 99 for several of us. Thanks!
Old Dec 23 2016, 07:24 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theriversong View Post
What is the red number on the tools when I visit my neighbor's farm? It is showing 99 for several of us. Thanks!
noticed that also but forgot all about it til I saw your post, so thank you for mentioning it here.. will check in the morning and hopefully one of the mods will be able to tell us what that means, ps was too busy with the ships!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
depends which one you buy and how many containers you want to prepare, you can send the ship out with just one container or 10 containers, so if you are short on time, maybe just send out the ones you can prepare in the time you have available.. we will know more as we progress and hopefully everyone who gets a ship docked at their farm will help us by stocking it with the goods,
I did buy all the 7 ships, and they all contain he exact same containers. For my needs, only 7 or so of the containers will help. (don't really need more animal stuff or fruits and crops).

So to start, I will just fill the containers I can during the day (start early), and send the ship out at night.... then start #2 the following day etc. At my age, I don't need/want the stress of be required to fill all 10, nor the stress of waiting over 24 hours and having to start over.

The proper/pirate response to that = gggrrrrrrrrr
Old Dec 23 2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theriversong View Post
Quote:
noticed that also but forgot all about it til I saw your post, so thank you for mentioning it here.. will check in the morning and hopefully one of the mods will be able to tell us what that means, ps was too busy with the ships!!

Hi theriversong and Aussie Rae

We have emailed the developers about this. Thanks for your report
Old Dec 23 2016, 07:45 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
I did buy all the 7 ships, and they all contain he exact same containers. For my needs, only 7 or so of the containers will help. (don't really need more animal stuff or fruits and crops).

So to start, I will just fill the containers I can during the day (start early), and send the ship out at night.... then start #2 the following day etc. At my age, I don't need/want the stress of be required to fill all 10, nor the stress of waiting over 24 hours and having to start over.

for its first voyage on the high seas, I decided to send out the Yellow Ship with all the 10 containers, but once its back in a week... hopefully, fingers crossed.. will then decide if it needs to go again, also just had my first ship dock from a neighbor and loaded it for her, looking forward to seeing more arrive soon!!

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 23 2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post

Wow! Amazing how we all need different things. I filled my animal products container FIRST because I'm always running out of those even though I have all of the non-FC animal barns on all 31 farms and maxed out with animals. I did the fish one second, and then the fruits and crops 3rd. When we get Farm 32, I've already decided that I'm going to shell out FC for some of the super barns. However, I didn't run out of animal products until I bought duplicates of all of the non-FC facilities - so that's what pushed me over the limit.

For me, it's not stressful to think of "having" to fill all 10 - it's a challenge. I'm having a great time so far! Fits all my little OCD needs very nicely.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 23 2016, 08:03 AM

Just had a thought maybe you could add a pop up when logging into your farm to tell you there are neighbours ships waiting at your seaport. It would save us having to bug people. Hate doing that.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Dec 23 2016, 08:05 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Just had a thought maybe you could add a pop up when logging into your farm to tell you there are neighbours ships waiting at your seaport. It would save us having to bug people. Hate doing that.
look at your tool box and you will see a number there.. I have already had a ship dock and have loaded it and sent it on its way!! If there is no number, then there is no ship waiting.

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 23 2016, 08:07 AM
Account Not Linked

Did I actually see someone complaining about the cost of the ships??? IMO, they are cheap. Normally when you are paying coins for something that would otherwise require farm cash, you can count on billions of coins per 1 farm cash. I was expecting something at a level that I would have to save up for. As it was, I bought all 7 out of coins on hand. This is a steal, and the products will come in handy. A huge thanks to the Devs for making this something both useful and affordable.

As to the time to prepare, if you have a flash browser (like puffin) on your phone or tablet you can just check in periodically throughout the day to prepare a new container. This will take only seconds each time you do it.
Closed Thread