Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Apr 29 2018, 01:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
I was pottering around the farm today when I noticed that I have over 106k seawater bait...and only 865 freshwater bait. I just don't see how this is possible.

I own the fish farming plant and reload it every two or three days. I just looked and both fresh and seawater baits are checked. I have the fishing tackle shop but as it was eating all my bait I unchecked both fresh and seawater baits there a while ago. I just looked and both are still unchecked.

I have a few rivers and a few sea coasts on the farm. I certainly don't have a hundred or so times as many rivers as coasts, as I'd need to use up the freshwater bait so out of proportion to the seawater.

I reloaded the game and cleared the memcache but still it's showing only 865 freshwater bait. What has happened here? I'm honestly perplexed. Lately I've been converting my gifts to animals so it's not that I've been filling storage with seawater bait gifts.
Hi Sqrl,
We have no way to track how much of each bait you are using daily to fish. Each river section will take 32 fresh water bait and each lake will take larger amount. Only way to know the amount you are using is to count up all the river sections by type and total the amount of bait needed vs the total amount for seacoasts.

The only other thing that could cause the unequal use of bait would be if your storage is reaching the maximum total limit in which case either something doesn't get stored like a crop you harvested or something disappears from storage. We do not have a way to tell you when you have reached the maximum as it is variable depending on how much and what items you have stored. Usually when this happens it is a case that you are trying to hold on to everything you produce even the non-ingredients. It is best it you sell off your non-ingredients with the filter set to Non-Ingredients (for me) every few days to keep your total storage down.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 29 2018, 06:47 AM

Thanks for the information . I sell everything out of non-ingredients pretty regularly, so I'm hoping my storage isn't overloaded. I just looked at my bait and it seemed so wrong! lol, nm.
Old Apr 29 2018, 01:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
Thanks for the information . I sell everything out of non-ingredients pretty regularly, so I'm hoping my storage isn't overloaded. I just looked at my bait and it seemed so wrong! lol, nm.
Hi Sqrl,
I couldn't check your data last night as internet on the cruise ship was pretty bad, but I just checked back as far as a week ago and you have not sold non-ingredients in the market for this week. With as much hiring out for work as you do your storage is pretty full.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 29 2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Sqrl,
I couldn't check your data last night as internet on the cruise ship was pretty bad, but I just checked back as far as a week ago and you have not sold non-ingredients in the market for this week. With as much hiring out for work as you do your storage is pretty full.
Thanks again, Taz. I never thought of myself as hoarding so much stuff my storage would fill up! But I've just been to the market and done a lot of selling. With luck that will help.

Edit: I went from about 6 billion coins to 40 billion so...yeah. Hoarding!

Last edited by Sqrl; Apr 29 2018 at 04:29 PM.
Old May 20 2018, 01:39 PM

I have put off reporting this hoping something would be worked out. I have 2 people that I fish for. 1 hires me out of the market, has heavily layered ponds covering 29 farms and has one of the turbo boats that fishes all in a squared area. I have no problems working this. The other is a super neighbor that has layered on two sides of 22 farms. 4 specific farms, #4, #9, #11 #19 give me a "joining room" progress box when I get to them and locks up my computer and the only way out is to control, alt, delete and reopen browser, log in and go to Farmtown and start over. If I leave Farmtown after doing the farm previous to each problem farm and come back then I can go until I get to the next problem farm where I have to leave and come back again. I am using the turbo fishing boat 12x12 on this farm.

Last edited by grandkids2; May 20 2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old May 20 2018, 01:52 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandkids2 View Post
I have put off reporting this hoping something would be worked out. I have 2 people that I fish for. 1 hires me out of the market, has heavily layered ponds covering 29 farms and has one of the turbo boats that fishes all in a squared area. I have no problems working this. The other is a super neighbor that has layered on two sides of 22 farms. 4 specific farms, #4, #9, #11 #19 give me a "joining room" progress box when I get to them and locks up my computer and the only way out is to control, alt, delete and reopen browser, log in and go to Farmtown and start over. If I leave Farmtown after doing the farm previous to each problem farm and come back then I can go until I get to the next problem farm where I have to leave and come back again. I am using the turbo fishing boat 12x12 on this farm.
Hi grandkids2,

It may be that those farm don't just have layered waters on them but have a lot of layered other items on them and it may just be too much for you to load. Are you going to them with only the ponds showing and everything else off? If not try that.

You can try clearing your FT memcache and see if that helps, but if it's just the great amount of items on the farm it may not. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try those farms again.
Old May 20 2018, 02:17 PM

Farm #19 has a dozen facilities and a small amount of fencing with unplanted field. Farm #11 has nothing but unplanted field. #9 has 1/2 of one side of 34x34 planted with trees and 5 facilities. #4 34x34 is half covered with trees and 2 facilities. It is not a slow loading issue. It will not load. The farmer who hires me out of the market has 100 or greater times the amount of items and it is slow loading and working but never freezes my acomputer. Also this occurs on on a 2nd computer I use.
Old May 20 2018, 02:35 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandkids2 View Post
Farm #19 has a dozen facilities and a small amount of fencing with unplanted field. Farm #11 has nothing but unplanted field. #9 has 1/2 of one side of 34x34 planted with trees and 5 facilities. #4 34x34 is half covered with trees and 2 facilities. It is not a slow loading issue. It will not load. The farmer who hires me out of the market has 100 or greater times the amount of items and it is slow loading and working but never freezes my acomputer. Also this occurs on on a 2nd computer I use.
Hi grandkids2,

Without a link to their farm we can't go and see if we get the same issues as you. Does the farm owner have issues working those farms, does anyone else also have issues working those farms? If they do then it would be better if the farm owner came to the forum with their farm link so we can take a look.

Run the memcache and see if that helps you any. Have you tried clearing browser caches? That would be worth doing to force a fresh load of graphics. Is your browser and flash player up to date? If not try updating. Also try another browser and see if the same thing happens.
Old Jul 05 2018, 08:39 PM

Default Fishing XP

I just noticed XP for fish for the first time today. Did that just start? I fished enough today to buy a new farm with the coins but the XP seems minor...but I'll take it!!
Old Jul 05 2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakers57 View Post
I just noticed XP for fish for the first time today. Did that just start? I fished enough today to buy a new farm with the coins but the XP seems minor...but I'll take it!!
H sneakers57

I moved your post to the thread about Fishing.

Yes, you are right. We got an update for the New Release on July 2nd.

Post-Release Info - July 2nd, 6:45PM

d) You can now earn XP for fishing as part of the Job Completion Bonus, same as with flowers and trees

You can read all the information updated in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636522

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009

Tags
bait, fish, fishing, fishing rod, ponds, sea coast, turbo boat, waters