Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 19 2023, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus_III View Post
I am a SN working for my customer. I have train management authorization.
It seems that the screen that shows when you click on the engine and select "show train details" does not highlight the cars attached to the train.
At the top of that screen, the message says, "Freight cars highlighted in white are currently coupled together, and will be dispatched with your train."
I click on the train engine and the list shows 19 train cars all white backgrounds
There are currently only 10 cars and a caboose attached to the train.
This is true whether or not the train is dispatched.
To determine what cars are actually on the train, you must hover over each car, write down the name, and use that list to determine what other cars can be added to the train and not duplicate a car.
When on the farm and I click on the engine, the entire train highlights in yellow so it would seem to indictate successful coupling.

The issue listed above is NOT TRUE when I'm on my own farm. On my own farm, the process works as described.

NEXT ISSUE ON THIS SAME SCREEN: The cost of the cars as shown when you click on the train is in COINS. When you actually go to purchase the car, it's FT$ (Farm Town Dollars) This is true both on my farms and on my SN farms.
Hi Pegasus_III

When you are on your SuperNeighbor farm, then you can see which cars are attached and dispatched with a particular trainn by clicking in the locomotive and then clicking in Train Status.

About the coins listed for the long cars, those are not the costs of the long cars as they cost farm cash.
Those amounts give you the information about the cost for that long car to be dispatched.
You have the information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showt...50#post5185550
Old Sep 19 2023, 01:47 PM

I've been off the game for while due to being in hospital Problems I've see so far:
Can't boost train - They show a boosted, but no one is working them. I go back into boost and the list stays the same no matter how many times I try.

Ships - minor -have to dispatch one container at a time.

Gifts - work in progress, but when I exchange that gift is not in my gift box.

Wondering if it's because I've been of for a while or if they're glitches.
Old Sep 19 2023, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
I've been off the game for while due to being in hospital Problems I've see so far:
Can't boost train - They show a boosted, but no one is working them. I go back into boost and the list stays the same no matter how many times I try.

Ships - minor -have to dispatch one container at a time.

Gifts - work in progress, but when I exchange that gift is not in my gift box.

Wondering if it's because I've been of for a while or if they're glitches.
Hi NJones

I moved your post to the thread about Trains as that is the first problem you are talking about.

Also, we are glad you are back into the game

We had several changes in the game as it is now in its own website.

First of all, be sure that your browser and your computer are up to date. After an update it is always better to restart your computer.

After that, please clear your memcache. This is the new link for it in the website:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Then you will need to read the changes for Trains, Ships and Gifts.

For example, the gift box is now called Gift Manager and you can send, exchange, accept gifts from there.

This is the link to the Website Guide, please read it and see if your problems are solved after that.
If not, please post here again.

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662298
Old Oct 05 2023, 07:20 PM

i have not received any train boost requests in over a week. i normally get several a day. has there been a change that i missed. it is messing with completing my farm pass. i apologize if this is not the right place to ask this
Old Oct 05 2023, 09:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pst104 View Post
i have not received any train boost requests in over a week. i normally get several a day. has there been a change that i missed. it is messing with completing my farm pass. i apologize if this is not the right place to ask this
Hi pst,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about the trains. Please do not post questions or problems in the Suggestion section. That is only for making suggestions for changing the game.
If you have not gotten any train boost request for the last week then you need to talk to your neighbors. There isn't any way to turn those off so if they have sent any to you then you would get them unless the trains have returned home before you saw it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 06 2023, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Hi pst,

Just to add to what Taz D has said, you may want to check your avatar name in the account tab, it appears to be blank. This will cause you to not appear on anyones lists... Trains & gifts etc. Please go to the account tab above the game and input an avatar name. Make sure you click the button to save the changes.

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Oct 07 2023, 01:17 PM

i do not understand how to boost others trains now. i was getting many requests a day. i have not had any for more than a week now
Old Oct 07 2023, 01:36 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
i do not understand how to boost others trains now. i was getting many requests a day. i have not had any for more than a week now
Hi pst104,

While you had no avatar name you could not be sent any trains to boost as you were not showing up on their lists to be able to send you one.

Now that you have added your avatar name back today, you will need to wait for farming friends to send them to you when they want to boost their trains.

If you want to check it, you would need to see if you can contact any farming friends either in game or via FB if they are FB friends and ask them if they can send you a boost.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 13 2023, 10:19 AM

Default trains and working neighbor farms...

I have 2 trains with 10 or more freight cars attached. Since yesterday, when I help a neighbor with facilities, I have to do half of them manually before the manager finishes the rest

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 13 2023 at 11:04 AM. Reason: quote removed, needed
Old Oct 13 2023, 11:33 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoisA View Post
I have 2 trains with 10 or more freight cars attached. Since yesterday, when I help a neighbor with facilities, I have to do half of them manually before the manager finishes the rest
Hi LoisA,

To work all farms from one farm, you need 2 trains and each of those trains needs a minimum of 10 of the 19 different long cars there are attached to each locomotive.

Go to your farm with your trains on and count up how many different Long cars you have on each of the different locomotives you have. Don't count the shorter cars that only cost you coins, as they don't help with working facilities.

You should be able to see that you currently only have one train meeting the requirement. The other locomotives have less than 10 different Long cars attached which is why you can't work facilities from one farm.

As your trains are dispatched you will need to wait for any trains that you want to modify to return home and then unload them before you can alter them. Please also make sure that when you alter any train that you don't put 2 of the same Long Car on the same locomotive and remember check that the train and long cars are correctly connected before you dispatch them.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Tags
train not dispatched, trains not working