Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Default Game Running Slow

This thread is reporting problems with the game running slow.
Please read the following information before posting in this thread.

Things that are known to cause the game to run slower:
  • Not keeping up with doing updates on your computer. Always do any software updates and any driver updates showing.
  • Browsers not up to date, or too many caches stored.
  • Too many animals on a farm (not in buildings)
  • Overlapping/layering of crops, the more that are overlapped, the more you have to load.
  • Other types of layering (for example: trees/flowers/buildings on top of crops)
  • Having multiple tabs open or a lot of background programs running can slow the game down.
  • Your internet may also run slower at certain times of the day depending on usage etc.
  • Having more than one farm town account opened on the same computer.
  • Browser problems.
  • Farm Town Server problems.
  • Game updates.

What you can do to speed up the game:
  • If your farms are too slow to load because they have too many *different* items or because of a slow internet connection, try enabling the 'Compressed Graphics' option in the Preferences screen. The graphics will have a bit less quality but will load faster.
    1. Click on the preferences icon top right of your game screen.
    2. Add the check mark for Compressed Graphics.
    3. You will see a popup with information.
    4. Click on the green check mark on that popup.
    5. Then also click on the green check mark at the bottom of the preferences window to save your changes.
    6. Reload Farm Town.

• Reduce the number of animals running loose on the farm.
  • Remove layering of items on top of crops
  • Remove overlapped crops
  • Try and keep to a minimum the number of tabs you have open and background programs running.
  • When doing farm work for yourself or others, try only showing the items you are working on at the time. Reduce to only showing crops, trees, flowers, ponds.
  • If a farm is very slow to load then try only showing the item you are working on, then hide those and show the next item to be worked.

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 28 2023 at 04:25 PM.
Old Oct 24 2021, 04:28 AM

Default Slow loading anything

Good Morning,

I am having problems loading farms and pretty much anything takes a while to show up. Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 24 2021, 05:38 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarksda View Post
Good Morning,

I am having problems loading farms and pretty much anything takes a while to show up. Thanks for your help.
Hi bbarksda,

Have you recently cleared your browser caches? That can make the game slower until your computer has had time to load all the graphics for the game again.

You could try clearing your FT memcache. To run memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", which is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another browser window. Then see if that improves the issue for you.

Try running the server tests and see if any of those show a problem, here's the link to that post if you would like to check those:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603314

I did see over hundreds of rabbits on your default farm and loose animals can also cause problems with slowness. As you are already using compressed graphics then it may be better if you took the loose animals off and see if that improves the speed of loading of that farm. If it does you can have look at other farms and see if there any others with quite a few animals on them that are also slow to load or work.

Other things that can cause slowness is the browser being open with the game loaded for a long time, you can check the usual things like making sure that the browser is still up to date, closing it for a few minutes so it has time to clear any memory it no longer needs to use, particularly if you have been working heavy farms.

If the problem is due to a slowdown in a connection somewhere in one of the links you need to go through to get to the game, there isn't much you can do about that except wait it out for whoever owns the connection to see the problem and fix it. If it is that, you could try making sure that pretty much all you have open and running on your computer is the game in one tab and try only showing the item you need to work on and se if that makes things easier for you.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 25 2021, 10:19 AM

Default Sloooooooooooow

For me the game is like Dial-Up Slow. It's never been this slow. You click and then wait. I'm not experiencing crashing or having to log back in like others. Is there something else on my end I'm possibly doing to create this. Thanks for all your help and advice.
Old Oct 25 2021, 10:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterTot29440 View Post
For me the game is like Dial-Up Slow. It's never been this slow. You click and then wait. I'm not experiencing crashing or having to log back in like others. Is there something else on my end I'm possibly doing to create this. Thanks for all your help and advice.
Hi TaterTot,
There are mamy things that can slow down your play. Many things to check are listed in the first post of this thread.

I did load your farms and you do have a lot of the waters on or around the outside edge of all your farms which can be a contributing factor. This can specially be true if you have limited memory.
Your internet can cause a slow down as well as your data transfer has to go through many links between you and the Facebook app server and more links between theose and the Farm Town servers. Any one of those links can cause a slowdown if they have heavy traffic. Unfortunately we have no way to check or correct any of those. The only thing you can do for that would be to wait until the problem is fixed by the owners of those servers.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 30 2021, 07:29 AM

Thanks Taz. Things kind of worked out. I know I have 2 many rabbits on my default farm. I am in the process of deleting them. Thanks again.

Bill
Old Oct 31 2021, 12:58 PM
Account Not Linked

How do I clear my cache? My game is working so terribly slow and someone sent a post to clear it but it only sent me back to my own game. I have never cleared my cache on the game but do my computer about once of week. It took me 15 minutes to collect some of my products on 5 of my facilities. Thanks for any help. Farm #1100941668. Narda
Old Oct 31 2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nardaj View Post
How do I clear my cache? My game is working so terribly slow and someone sent a post to clear it but it only sent me back to my own game. I have never cleared my cache on the game but do my computer about once of week. It took me 15 minutes to collect some of my products on 5 of my facilities. Thanks for any help. Farm #1100941668. Narda
Hi nardaj

As you say someone sent you a link, then I guess you are talking about memcache.

The memcache clears your data on the server and forces it to be reloaded, so you get a clean load.

Click in the link below and a new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farm and see that helped you:

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesnt work for you, you can try to reset your router/modem for a minute.
Old Nov 20 2021, 07:59 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Suddenly too slow to play

The game suddenly slowed approx. three weeks ago. Eventually it freezes. I haven’t changed anything. I’ve cleared my cache, checked for browser extensions, tried the “compress graphics” trick--everything is updated and the game behaves the same on other browsers. My imac is not old. I’m not sure what else to do.
Old Nov 20 2021, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loonarbird View Post
The game suddenly slowed approx. three weeks ago. Eventually it freezes. I haven’t changed anything. I’ve cleared my cache, checked for browser extensions, tried the “compress graphics” trick--everything is updated and the game behaves the same on other browsers. My imac is not old. I’m not sure what else to do.
Hi Loonarbird

I moved your post to the thread about Game running slow.

Have you checked if your imac needs to be updated? Non of the moderators use Mac but we have the instructions to check for updates:

Mac users:
Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click Software Update to check for updates. In Software Updates it will tell you if your software is up to date or if there is and upgrade available. If your are not sure how to update your device and check for updates please click on this link for instructions https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541

You have suggestions to try in the first post,first page of this thread for the game running slow and also, the requirements for your computer in this link

Tags
slow, slow game, slow loading, slow running, slow saving