Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 03 2015, 10:13 PM

No I can't get my train info either. Server 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petuniaflower View Post
that is what is happening for me too.Imajean can you get train info up. Mine just started doing it a few hours or so ago
NO...can't get train info....I get Wait I'm busy

Last edited by Taz D; Dec 03 2015 at 10:56 PM.
Old Dec 03 2015, 10:15 PM
Account Not Linked

my server is 38
Old Dec 03 2015, 10:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Hi all,
Email has been sent to the developers. Please be patient until they can look into this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 03 2015, 11:42 PM

My server is WF38, cannot open the facility manager. Train info is working for me tho.
Old Dec 03 2015, 11:50 PM

Thanks for all the updates! Wanted to ask if the game is having problems tonight. I tried to work neighbors' facilities and after the first one, nothing happened when I clicked on the links and arrived at their farms. In the market, I was hired for two jobs and when arriving at their farms, my tool chest was completely empty. I was able to plant my own farms later, but now can't get the facilities manager to open. Seems like there are a lot of problems tonight. Did not notice what server I was on, but I've tried Chrome, Torch and Comodo browsers and having issues with all of them.

Last edited by ArielB; Dec 03 2015 at 11:52 PM. Reason: additional info
Old Dec 04 2015, 12:19 AM

Can't open the trains, nor work friends facilities, just wanted to let you know I am on Server WF5 .... however, my quests and facility manager are working just fine.
Old Dec 04 2015, 01:28 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
- Some users have complained about a Data Usage increase while playing farmtown. We did some research on this and found out that the increase is due to the new facebook chat to the right of your screen that is now shown on all games, facebook is contacting their servers frequently to update the chat screen. However we have noticed that even when you have disabled the chat, the traffic remains. We have created another bug report with facebook suggesting that they remove the chat completely or at least to stop the traffic once you have disabled the chat.
This finally answers many questions for me. I disabled the chat as soon as it showed up because I knew it would cause problems with my connection. So I didn't understand why I still had odd network activity when playing FT, even if FT wasn't doing anything. I chalked it up to all of the updates to fix the game -- that they were still downloading even after the farm had rendered. As soon as I would close the FT window, the network activity would disappear.

Has FB responded to the bug report? This is the first night I've been able to work through my farms without having to constantly close the window, wait for the network activity to stop, and restart FT. Otherwise, I would get constant "lost the connection -- retry" windows. At one point, I left a farm to "save" all night, and the next morning it still wasn't done. Tonight, in comparison, was a breeze. I really hope it's because FB has fixed the problem, and it wasn't just a glitch in their chat, which might raise it's ugly head again.

Thanks for the info on this. I thought i was losing my mind!

Now if they would just do something about the game feeds. Whatever changes they made (which FT devs have worked around) my news feed on my phone is filled with FT game requests. I don't mind it so much, but there's nothing I can do about them on my phone, and was always happy that they didn't show up there -- until a week or two ago.
Old Dec 04 2015, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi all,
Email has been sent to the developers. Please be patient until they can look into this.
Mine is back working good at 3:22 a.m. EST in USA. Thanks Taz.
Old Dec 04 2015, 05:23 AM

Hi all

From Raul's notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - December 3rd, 9:25PM

- We removed the Black "Loading ..." box that appeared when you start harvesting as an employee. Please report if you are still seeing this box.

Post-Release Updates - December 4th, 2:30AM

- Reverted back the previous fix because it was causing some issues. Will fix and release again later today.
Old Dec 04 2015, 05:44 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Known Issues
- Some users have complained about a Data Usage increase while playing farmtown. We did some research on this and found out that the increase is due to the new facebook chat to the right of your screen that is now shown on all games, facebook is contacting their servers frequently to update the chat screen. However we have noticed that even when you have disabled the chat, the traffic remains. We have created another bug report with facebook suggesting that they remove the chat completely or at least to stop the traffic once you have disabled the chat.
Ah, yes, that would explain it. I disabled chat when it first came out, but I naively expected that Facebook would disable all the **** traffic that went along with it. Silly me for expecting a multi-billion dollar tech company would know how to code a simple "close".
Closed Thread