Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 27 2016, 12:38 PM

Thank you for the quick answer. I hope they will fix this problem soon.
Old Dec 27 2016, 12:40 PM

Default In My Honest Opinion

I said I would wait and give the ships some time so we can learn.
What I have learned is that I just completed one of my ships (all 30 ports) during a holiday season, and received over 500K products as reward. All it cost me was some coin and some patience. People DO sleep (sometimes 8hrs) they do work (most times 8 hrs.), and they do celebrate Christmas. In spite of all that my ship completed its journey. My problems with ships are as follows:
They are creating friction between long time friends and neighbors. I think it is terrible to unfriend someone because they went to visit Grandma. Also, that much daily attention to something sometimes is not something everyone wants. Messaging people is not the answer either. A game requiring that is wrongly designed. Now for the big rub. A train with a Black engine (just coins takes 7 days to complete). Sound familiar? Now hook up 18 long train cars (the one that brings the animals is not used in ships) @ 35 FC per car, costs 630FC. That equates to right at $100 US real money. So my ship that is ALREADY back in 4 days just netted me the same products as my 630FC train. Can anyone else see the problem. But wait a minute we want to allow skips, set our own itinerary, and get auto push to next port if hung over 12 hrs. That will make the ships even easier to out perform my trains and at NO cost to the owners of the ships. I think this is a problem that also needs to be addressed after the ships are sorted out. Just a suggestion, maybe adjust the output of trains by 4X to make it worth having expensive trains.

Now the last item is for the people actually loading the ships in their port. Yes there is no reward for the efforts which can be argued what is best. If you opened and clicked once to send the train on, that shouldn't be a problem helping that neighbor. Clicking it once for each container is testing that friendship some. But click on it 50 to 90 times to move out one train, is WAY TOO MUCH work to be considered as just friendship. There comes a point where compensation is due. If products are not the answer, maybe 3XP per container would be acceptable modeling it after helping your neighbors with their factories. Like I said, can be argued a couple of ways.
Thanks for listening, I will now return you to your farms to see if my ship is ready to be loaded.

Remember as the title stated. Just my opinion.
Old Dec 27 2016, 01:55 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
I said I would wait and give the ships some time so we can learn.
What I have learned is that I just completed one of my ships (all 30 ports) during a holiday season, and received over 500K products as reward. All it cost me was some coin and some patience. People DO sleep (sometimes 8hrs) they do work (most times 8 hrs.), and they do celebrate Christmas. In spite of all that my ship completed its journey. My problems with ships are as follows:
They are creating friction between long time friends and neighbors. I think it is terrible to unfriend someone because they went to visit Grandma. Also, that much daily attention to something sometimes is not something everyone wants. Messaging people is not the answer either. A game requiring that is wrongly designed. Now for the big rub. A train with a Black engine (just coins takes 7 days to complete). Sound familiar? Now hook up 18 long train cars (the one that brings the animals is not used in ships) @ 35 FC per car, costs 630FC. That equates to right at $100 US real money. So my ship that is ALREADY back in 4 days just netted me the same products as my 630FC train. Can anyone else see the problem. But wait a minute we want to allow skips, set our own itinerary, and get auto push to next port if hung over 12 hrs. That will make the ships even easier to out perform my trains and at NO cost to the owners of the ships. I think this is a problem that also needs to be addressed after the ships are sorted out. Just a suggestion, maybe adjust the output of trains by 4X to make it worth having expensive trains.

Now the last item is for the people actually loading the ships in their port. Yes there is no reward for the efforts which can be argued what is best. If you opened and clicked once to send the train on, that shouldn't be a problem helping that neighbor. Clicking it once for each container is testing that friendship some. But click on it 50 to 90 times to move out one train, is WAY TOO MUCH work to be considered as just friendship. There comes a point where compensation is due. If products are not the answer, maybe 3XP per container would be acceptable modeling it after helping your neighbors with their factories. Like I said, can be argued a couple of ways.
Thanks for listening, I will now return you to your farms to see if my ship is ready to be loaded.

Remember as the title stated. Just my opinion.
Maybe a AWAY BUTTON would be nice. I am sure many that play have days they may be gone for a day,a weekend,or maybe longer.
I know my first ship that was sent out will never make it,because it was stalled on the very first one for day for a good 3 days.
Old Dec 27 2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaK View Post
It is now 5 or so hours later, I have memcached, restarted more times than I care to, I now have the number 19 and I am still getting the Error Saving Data, Error XLINK.. anyone else having this issue
It is now 24 hours later, I have a notiification of 39 ships in my port and still getting the same message,,, grrrr
Old Dec 27 2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaK View Post
It is now 24 hours later, I have a notiification of 39 ships in my port and still getting the same message,,, grrrr
Hi JuliaK

The developers are aware of this problem and working on it.
Old Dec 27 2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi JuliaK

The developers are aware of this problem and working on it.
Thanks heaps... getting a tad annoying as I had 20 odd messages waiting for me when I came online this morning...don't get me wrong love the game and love what the devs are trying to achieve...
Old Dec 27 2016, 05:07 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I'm not sure if this is a glitch but it really seems strange to me that in the 4 days since the ships were released, I've only had 2 come to my port. I've been staying with a friend who's in the hospital the whole time so I've been on Farmtown almost constantly these last 4 days. Nothing else to do. I have tons of neighbors, so I would have thought I'd be at the top of lots of people's lists and I know some are doing the ships. Unlike some who are complaining about too many ships at their port, I'd LOVE to have more ships come to my port! LOL

I know the release will allow people to choose, but my question here is more just wondering why I HAVEN'T been getting ships. Any ideas?
Oh Susan, that is sad, maybe peoples ships are stuck at ports before yours? I have had around 10 or so and more arriving daily as people are dispatching more, and from reading someones previous post re the amount of goods we get if sending 10 containers, apparently its more than the train with its fc carriages brings back, so for the expenditure of coins, and if all trains make it to 30 ports, don't laugh, the rewards are worth the effort,

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 27 2016, 05:15 PM

Hi all

For users having problems with ErrorXLink, please reload the game and check if it is fixed.

If not, please run memcache and check again. Please let us know about any problem. Thanks
Old Dec 27 2016, 05:43 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Hi Silly-Billy

We have emailed the developers about the amount of clicks to let them check and/or clarify on this.
I've also had quite a few ships come through my port with easy clicking, but just now I had one that took 30 clicks (yes I counted). Unlike the previous post, I do know the name, and she is my neighbor.

SEMO Bill
Old Dec 27 2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Hi all

For users having problems with ErrorXLink, please reload the game and check if it is fixed.

If not, please run memcache and check again. Please let us know about any problem. Thanks
Mine seems to be fixed now. I was able to send a few ships on their way.
Closed Thread