Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 02 2011, 11:29 PM

Unhappy Clear as Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

Here are some updates to the Belt system that we just launched:

1.Currently there are 6 belts that you can achieve, when you reach the first 3 there will be no confirmation box or a chance to ask for a bonus, only a regular non-obstructive fading message on the top of the game.

2.For the higher 3 belts, there will be a notification message and the chance to post to the news feed to get the extra bonus, but users will have the option to close the message box without opening the facebook news feed.

3.There will be limitations similar to the one used for the request ingredients posts:

a. You can ask for the extra bonus only 3 times every 3 hours, users then decide which 3 extra bonus they will request when they get new belts.

b. You can earn up to 250000 coins by receiving or sending bonuses.

4. The limitations will be separate from the one used when you request ingredients, meaning you can post 3 times and earn up to 250000 coins requesting ingredients and also post 3 times and earn up to 250000 coins requesting bonuses on the same 3 hours. Also, you can help a friend by sending him ingredients and also help the same friend right after that by sending him a bonus, you will also get the benefits for both actions if you are below the 250000 limit.

5. This one should be released tomorrow. Users on levels < 150 have 1-2 farms as an average, users on levels > 150 have 8-9 farms as an average, that’s why is difficult to come up with a grade of difficulty for the belts that make everyone happy. So this is what we are going to launch tomorrow:

a. Users on levels < 150 will be getting belts with the same level of difficulty that we have now.

b. For users on levels > 150 and that have already black belts, they would be able to specialize even further by reaching Dan degrees, there will be 6 different Dan degrees that will be much more difficult to achieve for each product. (see) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_(rank) if you are curious about the Dan system). If you have any suggestions for the amount of harvest required for those harder Dan 6 degrees please mention them here.

We think these changes will make things better but we may need to do some additional tweaking later on.

--Raul
Raul, you are breaking my heart. I truly loved this game. You have been a genius, up to now (in my opinion). The belts are a disaster. Your explanation above is clear as mud. I get a headache trying to read it, much less trying to understand it. Shall we all start taking notes?

I've been playing Farm Town for two years now. I left the game for several months when it became boring... started playing Farmville, which was exciting at that time (to me). Zynga made the same mistake you are making right now. They decided to change the whole character of the Farmville game. They started making us post constantly... beg endlessly... build and build and build... makes me shake all over just remembering how frustrated I became with the game. The glitches multiplied with every new bell-and-whistle they added. I quit playing Farmville. Eventually, I quit playing every Zynga game and only send gifts if I can avoid opening the game.

I came back to Farm Town, and I was enchanted. You took a tired game and brought it to life. It was exciting again... and kept getting better and better with each new update. Raul, you achieved something that no other game on Facebook had ever done. You got me to spend real money on your game. I never gave Zynga one cent, in spite of playing many of their games for long periods of time. You got my money because Farm Town was different; special. At last, I could come home from a long day at work and just relax and have fun playing a game.

I trusted you, and I trusted Slashkey. I invested quite a lot of real money into Farm Town. I've recruited friends to play the game, and/or to return to playing the game. I can only speak for myself, but based upon many comments I've been reading today from other loyal Farm Town players... many long-time players who have invested in this game are feeling betrayed right now. I definitely am. The Belts feature is much more than just a new thing in the game. It represents a major change in policy... a change in the whole character of the game. You are taking away the game we love, and turning it into a Zynga game clone. You are introducing LIMITS. I hate limits. You are introducing pressure to post and spam the news feed. I hate spam posting and begging. People who leave Zynga games and feel at home in Farm Town are not going to stick around if you change this game to a Zynga clone.

I have a long list already of glitches in the modified Belts feature. I'm posting them on my wall. I feel my blood pressure rising, like it used to when I played Zynga games. I work hard all day, Raul. I won't play games that stress me, or put Stop signs in front of me... make me watch a clock... pressure me to choose which friends to help... frustrate me with glitches every day. I want to control my own game. I will not play a game that insists on controlling what I do, when I do it, or makes me beg others to be able to do it.

Limits are bad enough in a game, but... three hour limits? Raul, wake up. People work. They have jobs, and families to take care of. It's nice that you want to give an advantage to the unemployed or disabled, or whomever else is able to stay home all day and night and play games whenever they want to; but it's a very bad policy.

It will break my heart to walk away from Farm Town, and find another game that makes me (once again) feel relaxed and comfortable; but I will do it. I've done it before. I beg you to reconsider the direction you're taking this game, before it's too late. Get rid of the Belts -- and limits -- and anything else that is not what Farm Town is about.

Thank you for letting me express my thoughts and opinions. If I didn't care so much about Farm Town, believe me... I wouldn't waste my time doing this.
Old Jun 02 2011, 11:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Here is my suggestion on how the don belts should work.

The numbers at the top are the belt levels since there are 6 levels past the black belt. I have it broken down into crops by harvest time, trees by harvest time, and flowers. The number under the belt level is the number of harvest needed to reach that belt.

My formulas are:

Crops there are 8 different harvest times for crops. The equation I used is this:

(Belt level + 8) * 1024 for 2 hour crops

(Belt level + 7) * 1024 for 4 hour crops
(Belt level + 6) * 1024 for 8 hour crops
(Belt level + 5) * 1024 for 12 hour crops
(Belt level + 4) * 1024 for 20 hour crops
(Belt level + 3) * 1024 for 40 hour crops
(Belt level + 2) * 1024 for 60 hour crops
(Belt level + 1) * 1024 for 80 hour crops

Trees was done this way:

(Belt level + 1) * 384 for 12 hour trees

(Belt level + 2) * 384 for 40 hour trees
(Belt level + 3) * 384 for 60 hour trees
(Belt level + 4) * 384 for 80 hour trees
(Belt level + 5) * 384 for 100 hour trees

Flowers was done this way:

(Belt level + 4) * 200

I think this will make it hard enough that we have to work for the belts and not just rush through them. At the same time it will not be so hard that you take forever to finish a belt.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jun 02 2011, 11:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Question Latest updates

Still trying to process all the info. Thanks for everything, though. The game is awesome!
Old Jun 02 2011, 11:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Would it be possible to get the amount needed to reach a belt put in the game guide. It would be interesting to see what the numbers are for each crop and level.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Old Jun 02 2011, 11:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Exclamation Ditto Caren!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom View Post
Raul, you are breaking my heart. I truly loved this game. You have been a genius, up to now (in my opinion). The belts are a disaster. Your explanation above is clear as mud. I get a headache trying to read it, much less trying to understand it. Shall we all start taking notes?

I've been playing Farm Town for two years now. I left the game for several months when it became boring... started playing Farmville, which was exciting at that time (to me). Zynga made the same mistake you are making right now. They decided to change the whole character of the Farmville game. They started making us post constantly... beg endlessly... build and build and build... makes me shake all over just remembering how frustrated I became with the game. The glitches multiplied with every new bell-and-whistle they added. I quit playing Farmville. Eventually, I quit playing every Zynga game and only send gifts if I can avoid opening the game.

I came back to Farm Town, and I was enchanted. You took a tired game and brought it to life. It was exciting again... and kept getting better and better with each new update. Raul, you achieved something that no other game on Facebook had ever done. You got me to spend real money on your game. I never gave Zynga one cent, in spite of playing many of their games for long periods of time. You got my money because Farm Town was different; special. At last, I could come home from a long day at work and just relax and have fun playing a game.

I trusted you, and I trusted Slashkey. I invested quite a lot of real money into Farm Town. I've recruited friends to play the game, and/or to return to playing the game. I can only speak for myself, but based upon many comments I've been reading today from other loyal Farm Town players... many long-time players who have invested in this game are feeling betrayed right now. I definitely am. The Belts feature is much more than just a new thing in the game. It represents a major change in policy... a change in the whole character of the game. You are taking away the game we love, and turning it into a Zynga game clone. You are introducing LIMITS. I hate limits. You are introducing pressure to post and spam the news feed. I hate spam posting and begging. People who leave Zynga games and feel at home in Farm Town are not going to stick around if you change this game to a Zynga clone.

I have a long list already of glitches in the modified Belts feature. I'm posting them on my wall. I feel my blood pressure rising, like it used to when I played Zynga games. I work hard all day, Raul. I won't play games that stress me, or put Stop signs in front of me... make me watch a clock... pressure me to choose which friends to help... frustrate me with glitches every day. I want to control my own game. I will not play a game that insists on controlling what I do, when I do it, or makes me beg others to be able to do it.

Limits are bad enough in a game, but... three hour limits? Raul, wake up. People work. They have jobs, and families to take care of. It's nice that you want to give an advantage to the unemployed or disabled, or whomever else is able to stay home all day and night and play games whenever they want to; but it's a very bad policy.

It will break my heart to walk away from Farm Town, and find another game that makes me (once again) feel relaxed and comfortable; but I will do it. I've done it before. I beg you to reconsider the direction you're taking this game, before it's too late. Get rid of the Belts -- and limits -- and anything else that is not what Farm Town is about.

Thank you for letting me express my thoughts and opinions. If I didn't care so much about Farm Town, believe me... I wouldn't waste my time doing this.

You expressed my feelings exactly. Thank you.
Old Jun 03 2011, 12:27 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Here is my suggestion on how the don belts should work.

The numbers at the top are the belt levels since there are 6 levels past the black belt. I have it broken down into crops by harvest time, trees by harvest time, and flowers. The number under the belt level is the number of harvest needed to reach that belt.

My formulas are:

Crops there are 8 different harvest times for crops. The equation I used is this:

(Belt level + 8) * 1024 for 2 hour crops

(Belt level + 7) * 1024 for 4 hour crops
(Belt level + 6) * 1024 for 8 hour crops
(Belt level + 5) * 1024 for 12 hour crops
(Belt level + 4) * 1024 for 20 hour crops
(Belt level + 3) * 1024 for 40 hour crops
(Belt level + 2) * 1024 for 60 hour crops
(Belt level + 1) * 1024 for 80 hour crops

Trees was done this way:

(Belt level + 1) * 384 for 12 hour trees

(Belt level + 2) * 384 for 40 hour trees
(Belt level + 3) * 384 for 60 hour trees
(Belt level + 4) * 384 for 80 hour trees
(Belt level + 5) * 384 for 100 hour trees

Flowers was done this way:

(Belt level + 4) * 200

I think this will make it hard enough that we have to work for the belts and not just rush through them. At the same time it will not be so hard that you take forever to finish a belt.
Lord save us, Jas, you have WAY too much time on your hands....spend some if it convincing Raul to stop messing around with this game, please...
Old Jun 03 2011, 12:44 AM

I like the challenges but if the game slows down, lags, freezes like Farmville does I'm out. I agree it should be daily bonus's, not every 3 hours....I do have a life!
Old Jun 03 2011, 12:55 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGee View Post
Lord save us, Jas, you have WAY too much time on your hands....spend some if it convincing Raul to stop messing around with this game, please...
That really didn't take me that long to come up with and if I really had Raul's ear you all would probably want to kill me. I like the idea of the belts, not the way it was done last night or the way they want to do the belts below the black level though. While I don't want to make it very hard for new players to get a new belt I think that only have to plant 1.5 24x24 full farms with no spaces to get the black belt is a little too easy. It should be a littler harder then that to reach the black belt. If it was harder people wouldn't be racing through the belts which means fewer belt pop ups and posts we have to deal with. I would like to see other things like the belts added to the game. Give us goals to work for but do it in a much better way then that other game company does it. While we would need some help from our neighbors it wouldn't be so much that we had to spam them with request or spam our news feeds for help with the goal. It could also be added to the tool box like the facility manger. The goals are there for people to work on if they choose but if they don't they would not be prevented form leveling up or have stuff locked on them. It would just be an options for those of us that want something different and new to do but the ones that don't want to do them can ignore the goals and never have to see them or get bugged to do them. This would also be a way to give an update every week because each week there would be a new goal or mission to reach and you could do them at your own pace. This would give people something new to do in between updates that have new levels, land, and facilities. It would also be a way to get the social part of the game back into the game. So many people have stopped hiring because they don't need the extra coins for the corps and it is quicker to do it themselves.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Old Jun 03 2011, 01:04 AM

it is still not seperating the belts from the ingredient requests

i just posted for tuna sandwhich ingredients and then went to send my neighbours ingredients

i responded to a whole heap of belt posts and whithin not many clicks it says i didnt get any as i had already reached the limit

i then tried to send my neighbour some ingredients which she got but it said that i didnt get any as i had reached my limit yet it has been 3 hours since my last lot and i only recieved 1 set of ingredients from my post.

AAAAAARRRRRRR Please fix this

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Jun 03 2011, 01:11 AM

Default My belts are not posting

Hi, can you inform me why my belts are not posting. I see my friends have 6 of each they have mastered.. I have yet to post one. So I am losing out in a way. Also I have clicked on raspberry black belt and that was all I clicked on today and I reached my 250,000 limit.. I did not receive 250,000 in the product
Thanks

Last edited by nettie1212; Jun 03 2011 at 01:12 AM. Reason: missed a line of typing
Closed Thread