Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 22 2012, 05:40 PM

good point Gezza. i've never thought of it that way. though now i'm hoping they have run out of tools to add LOL. its usually those i like to buy first.

i love the addition of levels. especially if i'm not at that xp level yet, then i have something to work towards i love the new upgrades. i was planting my farm yesterday when i ran into the scallions that were not listed when i started. so off i went and got the new buildings and started planting again. i just wish the expansions were a little cheaper i'm not making coin as fast as others.
Old Jan 22 2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonywyverndragon View Post
<rant>
To the unhappy folks:
I play FT because I enjoy the heck out of it. I reached the 'Top' a long time ago and every subsequent upgrade only adds levels - I no longer have to 'work' for them. I don't think the point of the game is to win - I'm not really sure there is such a thing as 'winning'. Now, in all honesty, I'm not a competitive sort of person - hence the idea of 'winning' holds little appeal to me.
I think there are a few points - one is to socialize and meet new people. This game is worldwide and has allowed me to meet some very nice people from all over the world.
Another point is to allow people to create beauty. It takes a great deal of patience, creativity and imagination to utilize the materials that the dev's have given us - and create unique lands and towns and living areas.
The details in each building, shore, hill, flower, animal - are unlike any other game here on FB - the dev's have worked very hard to come as close to reality as possible - including shading and functionality - which they continually advance.
I sincerely hope that I am not in the minority - I would really be very unhappy were this game to disappear. I have put a lot into it - not to win - but to enjoy.
As with anything in the development world - nothing is perfect. There will always be something which can be improved - and for most developers, constructive criticism is appreciated. (I say that having been a developer in a previous life.)
Also having been a developer once upon a time - I know that the one thing that developers RARELY get from clients is 'Good Job'. The requisite 'thank you' is there - but, the notice of the little extras - the things that don't get published - is usually not there. Praise for the good things is far more powerful that denigrating commentaries.
To the devs:
I thank you truly for allowing a place for my creativity to flourish. Good job! Everything you do is much appreciated.

To any farmers looking for a 'FT Neighbor' - I am always available.
Thanks!
</end rant>
Very well said. I agree with you, I'm not in this to "Beat"someone's score or coin total. I love that you can play the way you enjoy the game. Kudos to the Development team.

Fritz
Old Jan 22 2012, 08:13 PM

Is it bothering anybody else that the release date at the beginning of this thread says the 21th?

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Jan 22 2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasper View Post
Still wondering about the new level?
It has been said a few times already...read the 1st post. It says right there that the new levels will be next week.
Old Jan 22 2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy pants View Post
Is it bothering anybody else that the release date at the beginning of this thread says the 21th?
Um...at least it doesnt say the 20st..

Plus it came out in the middle of the night and after the bars closed so cut Raul some slack...bwhahaha..

anyway, Top Notch updates all the time, Best Game on FB,why people complain.?
Old Jan 22 2012, 11:46 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

WOW. The prices of farming are becoming insane. I am guessing the only people to afford the 13th bigger expansions are those layering 10 deep or using farm cash. I for one never believed layering was acceptable to get outrageous points and coins ,while those "Farming" real crops earn the coins and points. Very much unhappy that people are rewarded by layering are the ones able to afford the Billion dollar expansions. But, hey , what is the few unhappy folks doing it the old fashion way, using farm cash and in the fair way , earning it?
Old Jan 23 2012, 12:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Turner View Post
WOW. The prices of farming are becoming insane. I am guessing the only people to afford the 13th bigger expansions are those layering 10 deep or using farm cash. I for one never believed layering was acceptable to get outrageous points and coins ,while those "Farming" real crops earn the coins and points. Very much unhappy that people are rewarded by layering are the ones able to afford the Billion dollar expansions. But, hey , what is the few unhappy folks doing it the old fashion way, using farm cash and in the fair way , earning it?
I do not layer and I did not use farm cash to buy my farm 13. I bought all except the 26x26 for coins and don't consider the 26x26 as necessary for all farms. Farm 13 is only a slight increase over what farm 12 cost.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 23 2012, 04:27 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Turner View Post
Hi I am also someone who has never layered or bought any of my farms with Farmcash. I bought farm 13 and extended it to 26x26 with coins.It's the only extension i have bought but will perhaps save coins for another of the less pricy ones! i have nearly 4 billion coins still. Anyway i love the game and have been playing since the start. i do spend a bit of real money but don't have or want all the cash facilities. My farms are very manageable and that's how i like it!!
Old Jan 23 2012, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy pants View Post
Lol think raul purchased a new keyboard at Wal-Mart

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Jan 23 2012, 07:09 AM

When we invite neighbors to work in our factories and clients we have in the past been able to change the list and save it until we change it again. now we save changes and it does not save. Are we missing something? We would both like to change the people we invite from time to time. Thanks for your help.
Closed Thread