Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 20 2021, 09:56 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmTownBono View Post
Why is my avatar different? The face and clothes are not mine.

?
Hi FarmTownBono,

I have moved your post to the game migration thread.
Avatars have just been added to the game. They won't be exactly the same as they were in flash , but should be similar. The changes will take time to get used to them and you may find some skin colours may not show up as well depending on what ground cover you have or what it's standing in front of.

If you know your avatar was wearing a business suit those may be showing a different colour depending on which way around your avatar is standing, if that's the case please let us know. Ideally a picture of it would be great if you know how to do one or if you know which clothes it was you chose for your avatar like one of the Farm Cash outfits, please describe it.

You can not alter your avatar appearance at the moment, so you will have to wait for that to be added.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 20 2021, 10:07 AM

Default XP points 544499599

Hello,
I have an issue with missing XP points.
When I am either planting crops or harvesting them I click on the tool to plant or harvest and the XP doesn't load up right away, I have to hover over the place where my level indicator is at then a drop down X appears then I have to hover over the number where my XP's is at and that is when I get the XP's added. Is this something that others are experiencing? Will this fix once everything goes back to normal? I have a super neighbor that works my farms and I am not sure if he understands what I am talking about since he is at max level.
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Texas Girl
Old Mar 20 2021, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
HI All,
I moved our posts to the Game Migration Updates thread. Please read the first post of this thread to see what has been added.
If you have mor than 1 tab open for the game then yes they will go off-line like when you are working neighbors facilities.
Taz, I only had one tab open - the original tab. This happened when I simply opened the game. After clicking 22 times to connect to the server, it finally allowed me to do so. This is not the same issue as when you open more than one tab of the game at the same time.

Update: I reloaded the game. Same issue, at first. I clicked the green tick. It connected me to the server. I reloaded the game again. This time, I was immediately connected to the server (green light, no error message). So it seems to resolve itself after a few tries, Taz... but I expect it will happen to a lot of players since the avatar update.

Last edited by Caren Katsmom; Mar 20 2021 at 10:12 AM.
Old Mar 20 2021, 10:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4zs View Post
Hello,
I have an issue with missing XP points.
When I am either planting crops or harvesting them I click on the tool to plant or harvest and the XP doesn't load up right away, I have to hover over the place where my level indicator is at then a drop down X appears then I have to hover over the number where my XP's is at and that is when I get the XP's added. Is this something that others are experiencing? Will this fix once everything goes back to normal? I have a super neighbor that works my farms and I am not sure if he understands what I am talking about since he is at max level.
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Texas Girl
Hi Texas Girl,
It may not be updating until after you do the work.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 20 2021, 10:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom View Post
Taz, I only had one tab open - the original tab. This happened when I simply opened the game. After clicking 22 times to connect to the server, it finally allowed me to do so. This is not the same issue as when you open more than one tab of the game at the same time.

Update: I reloaded the game. Same issue, at first. I clicked the green tick. It connected me to the server. I reloaded the game again. This time, I was immediately connected to the server (green light, no error message). So it seems to resolve itself after a few tries, Taz... but I expect it will happen to a lot of players since the avatar update.
Hi Caon,
It may just be because everyone is trying to get on to check out the release then.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 20 2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi jkmyer,

It's up to you how you wish to communicate with your friends either in the game via messaging, any buddies in the game via the in game buddy system, or via the various methods that Facebook has to see if any of them would like your farm work.

You would then need to meet up with them on either your farm or theirs to hire them as you can't just go to the market to meet up with a stranger at this time.

To meet up on the same farm one of you will have to provide a farm link so that you can both meet up at the same farm.

If you need the instructions to get your own farm link click on this link http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645850, when you have created your farm link save it somewhere you can find it easily so you can copy and paste it when you need to use it to give to someone that would like to work for you.
thank you so much for all you do for us and thank you for the information, it seems overwelmimg so I will keep checking now and then to see if the market opens to hire and if it doesn't I have had much entertainment over the last ten years thanks again.
Old Mar 20 2021, 10:43 AM

i cannot find where to post a problem... i clicked on the report it with this thread link, but don't see where it says to post a problem... When I go to exchange my gifts I do all 50 for Fuel each time. When I go to my farm to collect them from my gift box there's only like one QUARTER of the fuel there. I just exchanged 177 gifts for fuel and only rec'd 50 fuel. Why is this happening? It has been for a very long time....ever since a couple months b4 the switch over. I've lost Thousands of gifts bcuz of this. :-( USER ID number 741999507

The same thing happens for my daughter's farm too. We help each other on our farms and I have noticed her fuel is not all given to her as well. When i have to do her farm stuff I am on a different browser also. She has the same problem when she does her own or mine too...so it's not just me having the problems with our accts. She doesn't have an acct in the forum. :-( USER ID number 1508224677

Can you help me understand where my exchanged gifts for fuel is going when it's not going into my fuel bank? Thank You

Last edited by Gramma Cindy; Mar 20 2021 at 10:50 AM. Reason: i don't see it posted anywhere
Old Mar 20 2021, 10:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramma Cindy View Post
i cannot find where to post a problem... i clicked on the report it with this thread link, but don't see where it says to post a problem... When I go to exchange my gifts I do all 50 for Fuel each time. When I go to my farm to collect them from my gift box there's only like one QUARTER of the fuel there. I just exchanged 177 gifts for fuel and only rec'd 50 fuel. Why is this happening? It has been for a very long time....ever since a couple months b4 the switch over. I've lost Thousands of gifts bcuz of this. :-(
Hi Gramma Cindy,
If your neighbors are sending you mutiple gifts at the same time then some of those may not actually go through. There is nothing that we can do to help that as it is not the way the game is supposed to work.
Old Mar 20 2021, 10:52 AM

I keep getting a message to click green to play or red to go offline. I cannot make it go away. I cleared cache, closed and reopened my browser... nothing helps. GAH !!
Old Mar 20 2021, 10:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorissau View Post
I keep getting a message to click green to play or red to go offline. I cannot make it go away. I cleared cache, closed and reopened my browser... nothing helps. GAH !!
Hi dorissau,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the Game Migration Updates.
If you are opening multiple tabs then they will go offline. We didn't have the plug before this release so you did not see this message.
If you have only 1 tab open then it may just be the number of people on currently checking out hte new release.
Closed Thread