Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 08 2023, 04:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliesNotGoofy View Post
I have an hp laptop with windows 11. Its less than 1 yr. old. I am having a lot of problems that just started a couple months ago. I was wondering what the requirements are to be able to play FarmTown on a laptop. I have 8 GB of Ram. I have a friend who has 16 and she's having this problem as well though not as bad as mine. I've been working on upgrading all my farms, have a lot of layering, even ghosted facs (I've almost gotten rid of all those, just 1 left). I've cut down on my plots for planting. I did have them all at 9x9 and now I have several down to 3x3. So far nothing has helped. I don't know what else I can do. I clean my computer all the time and that includes clearing the memcache. I've been playing this game since 2009/2010 and I would hate to have to give it up. It only happens while I'm playing FT. I sure hope you can help me. Thank you so much!
Hi JuliesNot Goofy,
I moved your post to the thread about loading issues. The recommedation for the game is 8GB of memory.

Layering can cause problems even though they may work perfectly for a while. The 9x9 layering of crops is ok, but when you layer trees and flowers and facilities over those then you can start having problems. Your laptop fan running loudly means you are working the processor very hard trying to process all the data for those farms which makes the laptop heat up and the fan to have to work harder trying to cool it. Removing the over layer trees, flowers and possibly waters would help.

One thing you both might want to consider is taking it in and have the laptop physically cleaned. They do tend to suck in a lot of dust and that also can cause heating problems that the fan is trying to cool.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
cannot load game, dotween, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, settweenscapacity, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error