Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 11 2017, 07:52 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmojiNote View Post
Shouldn't you put a notice that the tool is locked in the pop-up from the store? I hope others weren't duped into buying $$ thinking this was immediately available.
Hi EmojiNote,

There is no room in the box to also display "locked" as the description is too long. Instead, if you do not have the previous tools needed in order to buy them, you will not see the BUY button, just SEND.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 11 2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi Dutch85,

If you are using Extent mode then they should disappear. The new tools do not give you the Eye, instead they show the tool in the bottom right of your game screen which when clicked on will let you switch between highlight mode and extent mode. Extent mode works like the eye is always closed. If you have crops showing they will show up again when you click on the green man.

They only started disappearing this morning. Just my opinion, but i liked the new tools better when the crops stayed. I found it more difficult having the crops disappear as I planted. I loved the new 5X5 , but not so much now.
Old Mar 11 2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
They only started disappearing this morning. Just my opinion, but i liked the new tools better when the crops stayed. I found it more difficult having the crops disappear as I planted. I loved the new 5X5 , but not so much now.
Hi Dutch85,

The new tools weren't always functioning correctly in extent mode at the time of the release. They were fixed last night which is why you are seeing them working differently today.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Mar 11 2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Hi Dutch85,

The new tools weren't always functioning correctly in extent mode at the time of the release. They were fixed last night which is why you are seeing them working differently today.
Thank you for your quick response Tiger. This really bums me out because I absolutely loved the new 5X5 before. I went back to using my old 16X16. I don't understand why we can't have the option to have the eye open or closed as we do with other tools, but it is what it is.
Old Mar 11 2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Thank you for your quick response Tiger. This really bums me out because I absolutely loved the new 5X5 before. I went back to using my old 16X16. I don't understand why we can't have the option to have the eye open or closed as we do with other tools, but it is what it is.
Hi Dutch85,

I am sorry you are not happy with them, but the Extent mode on the other tools like the 20x20 tree shaker, flower harvester, turbo boats work the same way. It was never intended for the new Ex tools to work differently in extent mode to the other tools.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Mar 11 2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Hi Dutch85,

I am sorry you are not happy with them, but the Extent mode on the other tools like the 20x20 tree shaker, flower harvester, turbo boats work the same way. It was never intended for the new Ex tools to work differently in extent mode to the other tools.
I always hire from the market for all of my tree shaking, chopping, flowers and crop H&P, so I didn't realize the eye didn't work on them. My own fault I guess for assuming they worked like the other tools with the eye option. Thanks again for your help Tiger
Old Mar 11 2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
I always hire from the market for all of my tree shaking, chopping, flowers and crop H&P, so I didn't realize the eye didn't work on them. My own fault I guess for assuming they worked like the other tools with the eye option. Thanks again for your help Tiger
you are very welcome Dutch85

Clickable Help Links:

Old Mar 11 2017, 09:46 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

A couple of odd things happening since the latest update. First, when I'm harvesting trees, they don't stay hidden as I'm harvesting, but pop back into view after a few more clicks (just using an 8x8 tree shaker, not the newer sort of tree harvester). Second, when I go through my neighbors for co-op quests, when I start on the right-most one that shows below my farm, and go to the left, it doesn't get them all, as it used to; I have to go back and move through them to the right to get them all. Although these only rise to the level of minor annoyances, it seems peculiar that they would be affected by the most recent changes.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 11 2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
A couple of odd things happening since the latest update. First, when I'm harvesting trees, they don't stay hidden as I'm harvesting, but pop back into view after a few more clicks (just using an 8x8 tree shaker, not the newer sort of tree harvester). Second, when I go through my neighbors for co-op quests, when I start on the right-most one that shows below my farm, and go to the left, it doesn't get them all, as it used to; I have to go back and move through them to the right to get them all. Although these only rise to the level of minor annoyances, it seems peculiar that they would be affected by the most recent changes.
I have the same problem with trees, but it isn't the shaker, it's how the eye is not working now. If you remember, when you chopped trees and cut flowers, they were hidden until you dropped the tool. Now, as you cut or chop, the view for the cut/chopped tree or flower pops up. So, because it is all three, shaking, cutting and chopping, I have to believe that the "not hidden" is a result of the extended tools--I don't own them, but understand that they don't hide crops the way the regular tools do.

Anyone else noticing this? Only a minor aggravation for flowers and pine/oak/etc. trees, but a headache if there are a lot of trees of varying sizes on a farm....
Old Mar 11 2017, 10:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautysmom View Post
I have the same problem with trees, but it isn't the shaker, it's how the eye is not working now. If you remember, when you chopped trees and cut flowers, they were hidden until you dropped the tool. Now, as you cut or chop, the view for the cut/chopped tree or flower pops up. So, because it is all three, shaking, cutting and chopping, I have to believe that the "not hidden" is a result of the extended tools--I don't own them, but understand that they don't hide crops the way the regular tools do.

Anyone else noticing this? Only a minor aggravation for flowers and pine/oak/etc. trees, but a headache if there are a lot of trees of varying sizes on a farm....
The developers have been notified of this. The only thing we can do is wait for them to fix it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread