Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 10 2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi Dan,

When using the Ex Combine harvest-plow you are not planting crops so you should not be seeing crops as you work the fields. When you set the tool down by clicking on the green man you should see the plowed fields appear.

If you mean you are using the Ex Combine harvest-plant. The crops don't show as soon as they are worked, on your own farms, until you set the tool down, but they will if you work as an SN. This is being looked at. See the first post on the first page for "Known issues"
I just worked two other farmers fields with the EX 5X5 combine and the crops appear while harvesting/plowing. Then the plowed fields show after harvest. I am using Chrome. My wife is using IE and my tools on my FT and the crops do NOT show as she is working (just green grass) with the EX 5X5 combine but the plowed fields do after harvesting/plowing.
Old Mar 10 2017, 02:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
I just worked two other farmers fields with the EX 5X5 combine and the crops appear while harvesting/plowing. Then the plowed fields show after harvest. I am using Chrome. My wife is using IE and my tools on my FT and the crops do NOT show as she is working (just green grass) with the EX 5X5 combine but the plowed fields do after harvesting/plowing.
Hi Dan,
If you are using the harvest-plow combine are you saying the crops don't show before you click to work them? How do you know where to work? Check your preferences and see if you have Show Crops checked.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 10 2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Dan,
If you are using the harvest-plow combine are you saying the crops don't show before you click to work them? How do you know where to work? Check your preferences and see if you have Show Crops checked.
The fields are all crops, so it's easy to just work the Extent Mode box from one position to the next starting at the top and working down. Besides that, the plowed fields pop up after you click, so you really know where you are at all times.

Not sure why IE didn't show the crops, but Chrome always does. Using the same PC for both players.

My wife and I will test again when some crops are ready and see if this was just a quirk or if it persists.

Nothing to get too excited about, but didn't know if anyone else was having the same issue or if it was just us.

BTW - The Show Crops box is checked,

Last edited by Taz D; Mar 10 2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old Mar 10 2017, 05:00 PM

I used to see ALL friends' photos when I went to my Seaport. Ever since the bug fixes a couple of days ago the only photos I see are my neighbors' photos. It was nice to see non-neighbors' photos. It was quite a surprise to see a bunch of blue boxes with white images instead. Thought I'd like to add my 2 cents regarding item 6.b) Show real facebook names in a tooltip... to identify better their neighbours: It would be nice to also be able to see my non-neighbors photos AND see their Facebook names, if that's possible.
Old Mar 10 2017, 05:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbLH View Post
I used to see ALL friends' photos when I went to my Seaport. Ever since the bug fixes a couple of days ago the only photos I see are my neighbors' photos. It was nice to see non-neighbors' photos. It was quite a surprise to see a bunch of blue boxes with white images instead. Thought I'd like to add my 2 cents regarding item 6.b) Show real facebook names in a tooltip... to identify better their neighbours: It would be nice to also be able to see my non-neighbors photos AND see their Facebook names, if that's possible.
Hi BarbLH,
This has already been reported to the developers and they are looking into it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 10 2017, 08:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Raul has just released some more bugfixes:

Post-Release Updates - March 10th, 9:30PM

Bugfix: When using the new crop 5x5 extended mode tools, as an employee/super-neighbour, the recently worked fields do not completely disappear from the farm.
Bugfix: Pictures not showing for non neighbours in the Seaport Manager
Bugfix: Hidden ships in the Seaport Manager showing again after a while
Bugfix: Occasionally, all containers were shown in pink when dispatching ships
Old Mar 10 2017, 11:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Please keep this thread to posts about any problems with the new items or features. If you wish to discuss the merit of the new tools please do so in the General Feedback thread for the discussion about tools.
Old Mar 11 2017, 06:26 AM

When I plant crops with the new 5X5 seeder, they are disappearing as I plant. I have my crops turned on and my eye is in the open position. I cleared memcache and it didn't help.

WF4 Google Chrome
Old Mar 11 2017, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi cactusjac,
Yes you do. The tools have to be purchased in order.
Shouldn't you put a notice that the tool is locked in the pop-up from the store? I hope others weren't duped into buying $$ thinking this was immediately available.
Old Mar 11 2017, 07:50 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
When I plant crops with the new 5X5 seeder, they are disappearing as I plant. I have my crops turned on and my eye is in the open position. I cleared memcache and it didn't help.

WF4 Google Chrome
Hi Dutch85,

If you are using Extent mode then they should disappear. The new tools do not give you the Eye, instead they show the tool in the bottom right of your game screen which when clicked on will let you switch between highlight mode and extent mode. Extent mode works like the eye is always closed. If you have crops showing they will show up again when you click on the green man.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Closed Thread