Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 21 2023, 09:30 AM

Starting yesterday evening I started being only able to access the game from the Facebook gaming page. It is slightly annoying. Is this part of the switch over? Thanks so much to the team for all your hard work.
Old Apr 21 2023, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookie Sue View Post
Starting yesterday evening I started being only able to access the game from the Facebook gaming page. It is slightly annoying. Is this part of the switch over? Thanks so much to the team for all your hard work.

Hi Snookie Sue

I do have the game icon in my facebook home page, that is the way I load the game in Facebook platform.
Don't you see it anymore?

If you are talking about the dark mode, it was implemented by Facebook not the game, and all users are getting it when Facebook update their servers.
You have information in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...86#post6528986

You can click in the the colapse icon in the upper right corner and you will only see your farm screen but you have to do that in every tab you open.

Last edited by marymarcel; Apr 21 2023 at 09:57 AM.
Old Apr 21 2023, 10:10 AM

Default Thanks Mary

I do have the icon and that is how I have always entered the game but now I automatically get directed to the game through the FB gaming page. It makes the game more unwieldly to navigate and I hate it - even if I collapse the page. Have tried everything to go back to playing the game without the darned page but have had no success. Am I the only one experiencing this as one of my friends is not having the problem? Again, thanks for your quick response.
Old Apr 21 2023, 10:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookie Sue View Post
I do have the icon and that is how I have always entered the game but now I automatically get directed to the game through the FB gaming page. It makes the game more unwieldly to navigate and I hate it - even if I collapse the page. Have tried everything to go back to playing the game without the darned page but have had no success. Am I the only one experiencing this as one of my friends is not having the problem? Again, thanks for your quick response.
Hi Snookie Sue,
No you are not the only one. Facebook Gaming page and the darm mode are Facebook changes. Facebook has been rolling this out over a time period so not everyone is getting it yet, but eventually all will have it. One thing you can do to help is to click on the arrow in the upper right corner to collapse the game listing.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 21 2023, 10:56 AM

Thanks Taz!
Old Apr 21 2023, 03:03 PM

I got the dark mode today when I clicked on Farm Town from my Facebook page. I do not like it at all. I have done all that you have mentioned in the previous comments and it still does not work well. So annoying. I am ready to move.
Old Apr 21 2023, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyD1651 View Post
I got the dark mode today when I clicked on Farm Town from my Facebook page. I do not like it at all. I have done all that you have mentioned in the previous comments and it still does not work well. So annoying. I am ready to move.

Hi JudyD

Im sorry but there is nothing the game can do about that. I got the dark mode and the new view about 4 months ago.

You can click in the little arrow in the upper right corner so you all games on the right side disappear and you get your farm screen only, but you have to do that in every tab you open.
Old Apr 21 2023, 06:54 PM

i just receved this in my request page
Changes to the 'My Requests' tab in the website:

1. Boosting trains from farmers is now only done inside the main game using the Train Manager.

2. Accepting neighbour requests is now only done inside the main game, all pending neighbour requests will be shown in your Neighbour Bar. This will be completed in the coming days.

3. Accepting gifts will either stay in the My Request tab or could also be moved inside the main game, we are still deciding on the best course.

If we move it inside the main game, all the current functionality will be migrated, including exchanging all gifts and sending gifts back to all.

Thanks for your patience.
Old Apr 21 2023, 07:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
i just receved this in my request page
Changes to the 'My Requests' tab in the website:

1. Boosting trains from farmers is now only done inside the main game using the Train Manager.

2. Accepting neighbour requests is now only done inside the main game, all pending neighbour requests will be shown in your Neighbour Bar. This will be completed in the coming days.

3. Accepting gifts will either stay in the My Request tab or could also be moved inside the main game, we are still deciding on the best course.

If we move it inside the main game, all the current functionality will be migrated, including exchanging all gifts and sending gifts back to all.

Thanks for your patience.
Hi max_river,
Since the website has not been released yet for everyone you should not be using it. Those are changes that will be in the website for now.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 21 2023, 07:04 PM

ty taz for all your help
Closed Thread