Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 22 2021, 08:47 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMatthew KC View Post
I am having the exact same issue. It just started NOW 3:10 AM forum time. Even if I click SLOWLY, taking about 10 seconds before the next click, I still have to go back and get additional fish. It was NOT like this before. I have fished it nightly for months and I never had to go back. I recognized tonight the bonuses were wrong. I have them memorized, almost. I did make a video. I don't know if it's allowed to link here, but I will post the link. I have had no other tabs or browsers open when this happened. Using Chrome (latest version) on Windows 10 Pro.
Hi SirMatthew KC,

The reply you quoted was marmarcel responding to a member who was fishing as a super neighbour. Are you fishing as an SN and getting the bonus chest you mention?

Could the farm owner or another SN for the farmer have done some of the fishing but not all of it at some point, perhaps for a quest step? That would cause the some of the waters not to be all ready at the same time or some of the fish to have been already removed from some of the waters. Could they have altered or added anything on those farms that could be causing a you a slow down?

If you are having to return to the farm and see more fishing to be done then that could explain the difference in the bonus chest amounts as they weren't all ready when you first did them. Did you check if there were any pending saves to finish saving before you left the farm the first time?

If the farm is wall to wall fishing or a considerable amount overlapped, its not always going to be easy to spot when some of them may not be ready. If it was an entire section that was not ready than that would be easy to spot as that section won't show up to fish, but if it's only some of the waters scattered amongst all the overlapped waters those are harder to notice when they are not showing up to fish.

I have tested wall to wall fishing on a lot of 50x50 size farms and am not experiencing the 10 second slowdown you describe. I was able to complete all the fishing on each farm very quickly even when there was the odd stubborn water left behind. I also returned to all of the farms to make sure none were showing up to fish again.

Other than clearing memcache, what else have you tried to resolve this yourself?

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Tags
bait, can't fish, fish, fishing, fishing boat, fishing rod, freshwater bait, lake, pond, sea coast, seawater bait, stored bait, turbo boat, waters