Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 03 2023, 05:52 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larwin View Post
thinking of clearing out all my storage then letting it all build up again. is there a more recomended way to do this as I just looking at getting a bunch of coins to spend on upgrades all at once.
Hi Larwin,

It is of course always up to yourself to decide what and how much you want to sell, but there are not Sell All buttons for quite a few filters in storage when you go to market to sell. That's due to people making mistakes and selling everything then realising that it wasn't so easy to build it back up.

Some things take far longer to make, some facilities can not be worked to make production faster, some farmers may struggle with getting the ingredients to make some things. Things that can only come from farm cash facilities, non-workable facilities, farm cash waters, animal products, crude oil, fuel may not be that easy to build the stock back up for. You would also want to consider what you might need to keep in stock for things like quests, facilities and other features so that you can still earn FC, coins, xp from those.

We would advise that when you go to market you take all of those into consideration and then start by only looking at what you have an excessive amount of and make sure nothing that you may be selling would be hard for you to replace. You could make use of the Quantity filters that can show you what you have that may be over 10 or 20 million and see what you earn from selling a portion of those before you consider selling more.

Whatever ingredients or products you decide to sell, can not be returned to you should you make any mistakes, so please make sure you are confident that you don't need what you are selling before you sell.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 04 2023, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Larwin,

It is of course always up to yourself to decide what and how much you want to sell, but there are not Sell All buttons for quite a few filters in storage when you go to market to sell. That's due to people making mistakes and selling everything then realising that it wasn't so easy to build it back up.

Some things take far longer to make, some facilities can not be worked to make production faster, some farmers may struggle with getting the ingredients to make some things. Things that can only come from farm cash facilities, non-workable facilities, farm cash waters, animal products, crude oil, fuel may not be that easy to build the stock back up for. You would also want to consider what you might need to keep in stock for things like quests, facilities and other features so that you can still earn FC, coins, xp from those.

We would advise that when you go to market you take all of those into consideration and then start by only looking at what you have an excessive amount of and make sure nothing that you may be selling would be hard for you to replace. You could make use of the Quantity filters that can show you what you have that may be over 10 or 20 million and see what you earn from selling a portion of those before you consider selling more.

Whatever ingredients or products you decide to sell, can not be returned to you should you make any mistakes, so please make sure you are confident that you don't need what you are selling before you sell.
Thanks Tiger, I talked to a neighbor recently and they suggested keeping storage close to 80% then when it's like 81% or higher use filters to see where excess is and just sell some of that to be sure facilitys still can run a while. Can filter 1m 10m or 20m depending how big storage is at the time. i think i can have several items close to 2m at this point and sell only what i need to at that present time. You had tips i think others need to hear too. I know it can be tempting to sell too much to get the coins quicker. Zip feature can help sometimes too.
Old Sep 05 2023, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larwin View Post
Thanks Tiger, I talked to a neighbor recently and they suggested keeping storage close to 80% then when it's like 81% or higher use filters to see where excess is and just sell some of that to be sure facilitys still can run a while. Can filter 1m 10m or 20m depending how big storage is at the time. i think i can have several items close to 2m at this point and sell only what i need to at that present time. You had tips i think others need to hear too. I know it can be tempting to sell too much to get the coins quicker. Zip feature can help sometimes too.
You're welcome Larwin,

It's worth keeping an eye on the largest amounts of anything you have in harvest & products storage as those build up. Some products like aluminum ore can build up very fast. Keep an occasional eye on anything that tends to build up quickly. You could sell a portion of those more often than others.

Yes Zip can be useful if you tend to have quite a few different sizes of things like crops, tree logs, tree fruit, flowers, fish. It does help when storage is getting close to capacity as well as earing earn you some coins by consolidating and crediting you the difference in the sizes. Zipping storage can also make things easier to see only one size in storage, when deciding what to sell a portion of.

In the same respect if you did not have a considerable amount of different sizes you could always look at something specific and sell off one or the other size, the large size earning you the most coins.

Only you will know what you use most of, most often.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Sep 09 2023, 06:13 AM

Default Facilities in Storage

I am unable to move some facilities that I have in storage to my farms. Can you help?
Old Sep 09 2023, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annroger View Post
I am unable to move some facilities that I have in storage to my farms. Can you help?

Hi annroger,

When trying to move something out of storage and it won't let you set it down on the farm, please show everything in your game preferences so that you can see exactly what is on your farm. You need to make sure you have a totally clear space on your farm that's large enough to place the item down. In some cases as facilities can be rotated you may need a slightly larger space than you think or if you have a smaller space choosing the other rotation to place it might work. If it will not place there is usually something in the way or too close to where you want to place it.

If you are trying to place them on top of workable items like any layering, crops trees flowers waters etc that we are not permitted to help you with, as layering can cause things to go missing at random.

Clickable Help Links:

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 11 2023 at 01:01 PM.
Old Sep 11 2023, 11:44 AM

Default Glitch

I tried placing flowers/ lakes and the game is telling me This Lake/flower can't be placed here because there's to many layered items in it. I tried posting in the known glitches, but I don't have permission to post there.
Old Sep 11 2023, 12:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbirk1950 View Post
I tried placing flowers/ lakes and the game is telling me This Lake/flower can't be placed here because there's to many layered items in it. I tried posting in the known glitches, but I don't have permission to post there.
Hi Kbirk,
I moved your post to the thread about your problem. You can not post in the Known Issues thread as that is only for information on long term issues.
There is a limit to how many items you can put on a farm and it appears you have reached it. We do not have an exact amount of items you can place on a farm as it can vary depending on what you have on that farm.
Additionally as this is a layering problem you are having then we are not allowed to help with that as it is a trick and not authorized by the developers.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 21 2023, 05:43 AM

This has been happening for a while and I really do not understand how it happens. Every so often I find some octopuses and some tomato juice in my non-ingredients for me storage. I don't know where they come from! Today all I have done is worked my facilities, sent stuff out to facility chains people but received nothing, sold all my non-ingredients for me, and had someone harvest cotton. I haven't clicked any ingredients or bonuses for neighbours. I haven't fished. Where do they come from?
Old Sep 21 2023, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
This has been happening for a while and I really do not understand how it happens. Every so often I find some octopuses and some tomato juice in my non-ingredients for me storage. I don't know where they come from! Today all I have done is worked my facilities, sent stuff out to facility chains people but received nothing, sold all my non-ingredients for me, and had someone harvest cotton. I haven't clicked any ingredients or bonuses for neighbours. I haven't fished. Where do they come from?
Hi Sqrl,

Both of those products can come from trains so you could get some from those.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Sep 22 2023, 12:21 AM

Ah! maybe it is the trains. Thanks, Tiger!

Tags
can not move from storage, storage, storage capacity, storage items, storage limit, storage limits, storage sheds