Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 25 2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Mob View Post
Watching all my ships sit in someones port is not making this game more fun.

The notes say that they are looking at ways to make the list with people more familiar, but I doubt I have 30 neighbors I would feel comfortable sending nagging notes to every time a ship hits their port for more than a few hours.
I don't have over 5 neighbors that I would dare nag. My first ship is still at port number 1 after 1 1/2 day That neighbor has not worked her farm in four years. Don't know why it was sent to her port first.
Old Dec 26 2016, 12:30 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Cargo Ships - opt out

I would like to be able to opt out of cargo ships. As predicted, I am getting multiple notes from neighbors asking me to move their ships along when I get on farmtown. These notes are not only left in the Farmtown message box, but also on the Facebook chat. These are nice people and very polite, and I will move the ships, when I go on my farm, but I really don't need reminder notes. I would rather just opt out as I don't see the Ships would be any help to me and don't expect to buy any.
Old Dec 26 2016, 12:47 AM

I haven't seen this addressed. I know we can access the ship manager a couple ways but to see what our own ship is doing, we have to go to the actual farm and click on the ship. I'd like to see a way to see the ship/ships from the tool box. I've also been having trouble clicking on my ship - it seems the mouse has to be in just the right place.
I've also seen people posting that if you don't help them with their ships that they will remove you as a neighbor. That isn't very "neighborly" and ruins the way the game should be played, in my opinion.
I'd like to be able to choose where my ship goes. It's been mentioned before that some don't play the games as often as others. I messaged a neighbor where my ship was docked and asked if they'd send it on. They replied they would but it's still sitting there. I don't know if they don't understand about the ships?
Plus maybe give an incentive to helping with the ships? People don't seem to want to do anything out of the goodness of helping neighbors without getting something in return.
This is a good idea for getting more product but it needs to be tweaked. Plus a lot of people are off computers for the holidays and it's not a really good test of ships yet.
Thank you.
Old Dec 26 2016, 02:46 AM

Just noticed that the tool box has a number on it if there is a ship docked and waiting Dont know if that new or not but its a def help thank you

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Dec 26 2016, 06:21 AM

I just spent all day loading 10 containers on my 3rd ship. I think this is a new problem. I loaded 10 containers they were all at 100% I checked everyone of them but the Metal Sheets container which wasn't the last one to load anyway is now not loaded since I dispatched the ship. Not that it will be noticed much considering the 3rd port is someone that doesn't play anyway. I am thinking that this was a bad time of year to release them. Hopefully it will get sorted soon. I do love the ships just a bit frustrated

Lara's Farm
Old Dec 26 2016, 06:22 AM

Hi all

Raul added information about fuel consuming when a ship is dispatched:

- The fuel consumption when you Dispatch a Ship is calculated with this formula: number of containers * 20 * port count in the itinerary. So if you prepared 5 containers, and the Ship have 30 ports in the itinerary, the total fuel required will be 5 * 20 * 30 = 3000.
Old Dec 26 2016, 06:29 AM

Default unknown neighbor

What happens if your ship ends up in the port of somebody who has quit? My first ship is in port 6, unknown person?
Old Dec 26 2016, 06:35 AM

Post-Release Updates - December 26, 7:00AM

- We will work on these changes to address the complains in the Ship Feature:

a) You will be able to design your own itinerary, we will pick one for you and then you will be able to replace any neighbour by any other neighbour, including changing their orders. Once you are done, the final itinerary will be the default starting itinerary for your next ship.

b) If a ship has been stuck for more than 12 hours in the same port, you will be able to dispatch the ship to the next port. However, you will be able to do this up to 3 times only, depending on the amount of ports in the ships itinerary.

c) We will allow Ships from non-neighbours to show up in the Seaport Manager, which should solve the issue listed in the "Known Issues" section below.

- We will add soon another section in the Seaport Manager so you can see all your ships and their locations, and open the Ship Managers from that section without navigating to the ships farm.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Dec 26 2016, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
What happens if your ship ends up in the port of somebody who has quit? My first ship is in port 6, unknown person?
Hi petals

As far as we know you get the "Port Unknown" when you remove someone as neighbor who was in your ship itinerary or when you are not friends on facebook anymore but they are still neighbors. Unless you can think of who your Unknown Port is it will be difficult to find out their last activity using My neighbors tab.
Old Dec 26 2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
Post-Release Updates - December 26, 7:00AM

- We will work on these changes to address the complains in the Ship Feature:

a) You will be able to design your own itinerary, we will pick one for you and then you will be able to replace any neighbour by any other neighbour, including changing their orders. Once you are done, the final itinerary will be the default starting itinerary for your next ship.

b) If a ship has been stuck for more than 12 hours in the same port, you will be able to dispatch the ship to the next port. However, you will be able to do this up to 3 times only, depending on the amount of ports in the ships itinerary.

c) We will allow Ships from non-neighbours to show up in the Seaport Manager, which should solve the issue listed in the "Known Issues" section below.

- We will add soon another section in the Seaport Manager so you can see all your ships and their locations, and open the Ship Managers from that section without navigating to the ships farm.
That will work. I really like the ships but B had to be included because there have been some people that have been told that they are not going to do the ships and refuse to move the ship to the next port. I Will delete them as a neighbor if I find out they are not going to do the ships but keep them as a friend so I can still work their facilities.

I will be very happy with the changes.
Closed Thread