Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Best Farm Contests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 24 2015, 09:22 PM

beautiful design
Old Mar 01 2015, 10:07 PM

Default Capturing Farm

I could not get an image of my farm I tried using the camera and then screen shot the image so that I could post it on the forum. It just seems to work better that way for me (easier) and it constantly said... Redirecting... I believe, but I knew I was running late.. So I just posted the image that I had.
Old Mar 07 2015, 01:52 AM

The Valentine's farms were amazing ! I enjoyed looking at each and every one of them. I do have a question though .... how do you determine 'Novice' - as opposed to 'Advanced'??
Old Mar 10 2015, 01:51 PM
Account Not Linked

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...22547709_o.jpg

Farm 2
John Bannister http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1306&farm_ix=1
Old Mar 10 2015, 01:58 PM

Hi John

You need to post your farm in the contest thread in the following link

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=611050

Also be sure to follow the instructions to post your photo http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601230
Old Mar 12 2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen.of.Clutter View Post
The Valentine's farms were amazing ! I enjoyed looking at each and every one of them. I do have a question though .... how do you determine 'Novice' - as opposed to 'Advanced'??
*sigh*

How are "Novice" and "Advanced" differentiated ?
Old Mar 13 2015, 01:37 PM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
*sigh*

How are "Novice" and "Advanced" differentiated ?
Hi Queen.of.Clutter, there are a lot of aspects taken into consideration when entering farms into each category. I cannot go into too much detail as what we don't want is people "Under designing", in order to enter the Novice Category, when they are capable of a lot more. This would not be fair to those in that category. The competitions have now been around for a while, and for the most part, it is now very apparent, as to those who are advanced and those who are not, and as such they are entered into the relevant category. For those who are new to entering, then there are many steps that we take, to ensure that they are entered into the correct category, such as visiting farms and taking a look at other farms, that each entrant may have designed in the past. This gives a very good idea, as to each persons capabilities. There is also the design forum to take into account, and again, it is very apparent, as to any members who may have used this forum in order to help them design a farm, and are just in the process of learning.
Old Mar 14 2015, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphina Warrior View Post
Hi Queen.of.Clutter, there are a lot of aspects taken into consideration when entering farms into each category....... etc ... etc ....
Thank you SO MUCH for answering my question ! I do appreciate that you took the time to do that. I searched all of the threads to find an answer, yet the answers were quite vague. I am glad the judges take the time to look at the other farms ... many who would claim 'Novice' are actually NOT ... and one cannot go by levels ... I am topped out on levels, yet could not make a box if my life depended on it ! LOL !

I am so very glad that research is put into it .... I would hate to see someone win in the 'Novice' category, and actually be quite adept.

Thank you again for taking the time to answer my question !
Old Mar 14 2015, 06:48 AM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Thank you SO MUCH for answering my question ! I do appreciate that you took the time to do that. I searched all of the threads to find an answer, yet the answers were quite vague. I am glad the judges take the time to look at the other farms ... many who would claim 'Novice' are actually NOT ... and one cannot go by levels ... I am topped out on levels, yet could not make a box if my life depended on it ! LOL !

I am so very glad that research is put into it .... I would hate to see someone win in the 'Novice' category, and actually be quite adept.

Thank you again for taking the time to answer my question !
You are so very welcome Queen.of.Clutter. Just a suggestion, but maybe take a bit of time to visit our Design Forum, where we have many step by step guides, showing you how to achieve some elements of design (including a box)., and if you needed a little extra help, we are always on hand. Something to think about maybe! Have a wonderful day!
Old Mar 23 2015, 03:31 PM

Default Are you guys ever gonna do a portrait contest?

Hell, maybe you have done a portrait contest already. I can't find a post that lists all the past contests.

I think it would be great to do a contest for using any farm items as part of a picture. You could have different categories - portrait of a person, landscape, reproduction of a famous painting, original art, etc

There are some great artists here!