Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2012, 12:41 PM

Thanks for all the new items, I am well pleased with everything, keep up the good work n have a happy Xmas all.
Old Dec 23 2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianedrayson View Post
I've just bought the supreme freight train, ready to connect it later today. I've looked at the pictures and I can't work out which is the front view. I obviously don't know enough about trains. I wonder if it will matter if I connect it back-to-front. lol
I dont know which is the front either! I havent put any carriages on it yet as my other train is still dispatched so I dont know if it matters if its back to front.

I think Ive sussed it - the end with the black rectangle on the roof is the front - I think! The other end has a ladder and the end with the black bit has what could be headlights! In any case when its connected to carriages it shouldn't highlight to show all are connected if its the wrong way round.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Dec 23 2012, 01:38 PM

Default New levels?

I seen where someone said thank you for new farm and new levels, It was a recent post. I got the farm thank you very much. But I didn't get a new level
Old Dec 23 2012, 01:57 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Ron View Post
I seen where someone said thank you for new farm and new levels, It was a recent post. I got the farm thank you very much. But I didn't get a new level
Hi there,

As per the New Release post, the new levels haven't been released yet.

Quote:
15 New Levels (coming later next week): There are only 15 new levels this time, however the most advanced users that are already at the top level and play the game before the next release will receive 2 FC for each level they move up. This is a one time thing only, future releases will continue in 25 levels increment and 1 FC per level. Top level is now 400.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 23 2012, 03:15 PM
Account Not Linked

Originally Posted by Tamsta in help and support, was told I should place this here for the developers.

I have 2 questions please. I read the above post before I was hired . . . .it was very helpful.
This is from a chopping job - 1st - some farmers have there chopping trees double layered, meaning you can use the saw for the 1st layer, but then you have to go back and use the axe to get the 2nd layer or the job is not complete . . . . . but when you switch to the axe, you loose everything you had with the saw - - - - I read you are not supposed to change tools but can't you make it work if you are still in the same type of tool??? (hopefully that makes sense)
chopping job again - - 2nd - I was hired to finish a job someone left. Their cork trees were in a section (approx 24x24 trees) - because they had jumped around in the section I kept getting "job not complete", but couldn't get the unfinished tree to highlight with the saw. Is it possible to make a distinguishing mark for the top of the tree so that you can see what is not done when they are in sections? (ie. Peach tree has a bubble, etc) Thanks in advance for any help.
PS - They also double layer flowers which works the same way as the trees. You can use the flower harvester for the 1st layer, and the harvest pick for the 2nd.

Last edited by Tamsta; Dec 23 2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old Dec 23 2012, 03:17 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Tried to click the chest, and it disappeared. also the chainsaw isn't working after being hired to chop.
Old Dec 23 2012, 03:34 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelicn View Post
Tried to click the chest, and it disappeared. also the chainsaw isn't working after being hired to chop.
Hi there,

With the chest, once you've completed a job don't put the tool down, click on the chest first to claim your reward, then you can change tools to do the next job.

There is an intermittent problem with single job hires to chop or harvest flowers. It seems to work fine if you are hired for more than one type of job. We're trying to pin down how the problem occurs to consistently recreate it. Can you tell us if you had changed your avatar status to "work" (red) or any other status, when you were hired for the chopping job?

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 23 2012, 03:39 PM

Glad I started playing again and purchase FC from time to time. Updates like this make the time and effort worth it. Thanks for the update and all the new stuff. Mucho appreciated!
Old Dec 23 2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi there,

With the chest, once you've completed a job don't put the tool down, click on the chest first to claim your reward, then you can change tools to do the next job.

There is an intermittent problem with single job hires to chop or harvest flowers. It seems to work fine if you are hired for more than one type of job. We're trying to pin down how the problem occurs to consistently recreate it. Can you tell us if you had changed your avatar status to "work" (red) or any other status, when you were hired for the chopping job?
No, I had not changed my status. I very seldom work from the marketplace but I will do work for my neighbors if they need help. Yesterday, two of my neighbors asked me to help them chop and hired me to do so but I only got the ax, not my chainsaw. Hope this helps...

Farm Town addict since May, 2010

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2282&farm_ix=0
Old Dec 23 2012, 04:36 PM

Default Using the Chest

Just a few observations that may help people understand how to get the most out of the Chest!

It only works when you hire strangers, not when you hire neighbours or buddies.

It only works when you hire from the Marketplace. If you hire someone on the farm, the Chest will not appear!

The Chest pops after you start each task you are hired for. Thus it appears after you do some fish, then again after you do some trees, and so on.

Collect your bonus when your avatar finishes working and before changing tools. If you select another tool before taking the bonus, it vanishes and you won't be able to get it back for that task. It will reappear and start accumulating again from zero when you start the next task. [Correction: it sometimes remembers the previous total, usually forgets it. I haven't figured out the rule yet. Best to play safe and claim your bonus before moving to the next farm.]

[Added: Sometimes after the avatar finishes the reward looks complete, but if you click on the chest, wait a second, then click on it again, it may add a bit more to the total.]

If you leave the farm before claiming the bonus, it vanishes - it is not cumulative between farms. [Correction: it may sometimes accumulate if you're doing the same task on each farm. However this is not reliable and it's best to assume that if you don't collect it before leaving the farm, you lose it.]

Even if you claim a bonus for one task you can still claim another bonus for the next task. Thus if you claim a fish bonus you can still also claim a tree bonus.

It works farm by farm for each individual farm. If you are hired to fish six farms you can claim up to six fish bonuses - one on each farm with fish.

If you use a multi-task tool (i.e. a Combine h/p) you get both the money and crop share for harvesting and the XPs for plowing, in the same Chest. Nice!

Disclaimer - these are just my observations, which I am updating as I go. I'm posting them now so they may help others, but as they are notes made "in the heat of battle" I may get some details wrong.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm

Last edited by Gregh; Dec 25 2012 at 04:11 AM.
Closed Thread