Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 06 2021, 07:59 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

I planted and irrigated my farms last night using the HTML version and everything worked fine for the first 6 farms then everything locked up and I had to restart my computer to regain control. I was using Edge, I will try tonight using a different browser and see if that works better.
Old Jan 06 2021, 08:16 AM

Otherwise, I absolutely love the speed and the graphics, and I cant wait for the rest of the functionality to be live. I think it is going to be amazing!

Last edited by marymarcel; Jan 06 2021 at 08:48 AM. Reason: question about layering x9 deleted
Old Jan 06 2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy559 View Post
Otherwise, I absolutely love the speed and the graphics, and I cant wait for the rest of the functionality to be live. I think it is going to be amazing!
Hi Poppy

I removed your question about plowing x9 as that is a trick and instructions are not allowed on the forums.
Old Jan 06 2021, 09:18 AM

I use Firefox which won't load. I also use Opera GX which does load.
Old Jan 06 2021, 09:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
I went to the Firefox Add-ons Manager and this is what I found:

OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc. (disabled)

Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by Google Inc. (disabled)

Shockwave Flash
Hi Santmyer,
Both of those that are disabled need to be enabled. Those are default add ons by Firefox.

Do you have any Extensions? That is a different part of the Add ons.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 06 2021, 09:44 AM

Taz I did step 4 and got a green screen, no ship or crops. I also tried step 5 and then got a Error time out kind of message. This is what I get when I directly try to load the HTML version.
Old Jan 06 2021, 09:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rina van der Westhuizen View Post
Taz I did step 4 and got a green screen, no ship or crops. I also tried step 5 and then got a Error time out kind of message. This is what I get when I directly try to load the HTML version.
Hi Rina,
The developers have worked on the loading problem with Chrome, but not on Firefox. I use Firefox and have not had any problems except early on in the testing and it wasn't related to anything in Firefox. I have been looking at Firefox trying to find a difference, but have not seen anything yet. Please be patient as we continue looking into this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 06 2021, 10:17 AM

Default Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Santmyer,
Both of those that are disabled need to be enabled. Those are default add ons by Firefox.

Do you have any Extensions? That is a different part of the Add ons.
I re-enabled both. I had only disabled those a couple of days ago thinking they might be interfering with loading of farm town through HTML.

I also went to IE/Edge and did the diagnostic tests through that browser. All #1-6 were successful.

I am firm about playing through Firefox because of it's attention to security. Please let me know what else I can try through Mozilla.

Farming Since July 25, 2009 USER ID number 537090646
Old Jan 06 2021, 10:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
I re-enabled both. I had only disabled those a couple of days ago thinking they might be interfering with loading of farm town through HTML.

I also went to IE/Edge and did the diagnostic tests through that browser. All #1-6 were successful.

I am firm about playing through Firefox because of it's attention to security. Please let me know what else I can try through Mozilla.
Hi Santmyer,
I am not sure I have anything else at the moment. Can't remember whether I asked you to check to make sure cookies and pop ups are allowed by the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

May just be a shot in the dark, but worth looking at.
Old Jan 06 2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi DeniseDJ,
This is only needed if you can't get the HTML version to not load.

oops, sorry I guess I didn't understand.

Denise

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p..._id=1450953003

clear memcache http://l1.slashkey.com/facebook/farm...lear_memcached

I have as many neighbors and buddies as I am allowed

USER ID number is: 1450953003
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl