Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 15 2015, 07:53 AM
Account Not Linked

I cannot seem to send any Farmtown requests (gifts, facility work requests, ingredient requests, etc.) since late last night. It works correctly up to the point where the final popup should come up before sending the request, but it doesnt come up.
Old Dec 15 2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi AlyceAnn

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then reopen the farm and try again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Also, which browser are you using? is your browser updated? have you tried another browser to check if you have the same problems? Thank you!
already did memecache before writing, yes I tried a different browser.

I see this is now in place on my farm - Hello Farmer! Due to a recent Facebook change you may not be able to send gifts or boost trains if you are using the Internet Explorer or Edge browsers, we recommend using another browser like Chrome as a temporal workaround.

I am using Chrome and it doesn't work. I can not post my ingredient requests either. When accepting gifts I still can't send them back as the browser just stops working and I have to restart ft
Old Dec 15 2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyceAnn View Post
already did memecache before writing, yes I tried a different browser.

I see this is now in place on my farm - Hello Farmer! Due to a recent Facebook change you may not be able to send gifts or boost trains if you are using the Internet Explorer or Edge browsers, we recommend using another browser like Chrome as a temporal workaround.

I am using Chrome and it doesn't work. I can not post my ingredient requests either. When accepting gifts I still can't send them back as the browser just stops working and I have to restart ft
Hi AlyceAnn

Please check your last version for Chrome is the following 47.0.2526.80 m

Also, check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

Please note to add the sites in exceptions:
In Chrome you have to go to Advanced settings at the bottom of the options page.
Old Dec 15 2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old McMark View Post
I cannot seem to send any Farmtown requests (gifts, facility work requests, ingredient requests, etc.) since late last night. It works correctly up to the point where the final popup should come up before sending the request, but it doesnt come up.

Hi Old McMark

Which browser are you using, have you tried another browser to check if you have the same problems?

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then reopen your farm and try again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesnt work for you then check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

In Chrome you have to go to Advanced settings at the bottom of the options page.
In Firefox add the sites under the Content tab for pop ups and under the Privacy tab for cookies. For the cookies to work you must set the History setting to "Use custom settings for history"
Old Dec 15 2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi AlyceAnn

Please check your last version for Chrome is the following 47.0.2526.80 m

Also, check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Why would all of that be changed from last night? I have been playing for years. Everything was fine last night. If the blurb says its a facebook problem why would you want me to go to the trouble to do all this. I really don't understand. My chrome is the latest version.
Old Dec 15 2015, 10:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Why would all of that be changed from last night? I have been playing for years. Everything was fine last night. If the blurb says its a facebook problem why would you want me to go to the trouble to do all this. I really don't understand. My chrome is the latest version.
Hi AlyceAnn,
It would change because your browser can suddenly decide that those cookies and pop ups are from a site it thinks might be spam. The message you are seeing only refers to IE and Edge. It is a Facebook caused problem with only those two browsers.
If you are using Chrome then to prevent Chrome or your ad blocker from blocking those sites from sending cookies and pop ups then you need to tell it not to do so, by adding those sites to allow them.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 15 2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi AlyceAnn,
It would change because your browser can suddenly decide that those cookies and pop ups are from a site it thinks might be spam. The message you are seeing only refers to IE and Edge. It is a Facebook caused problem with only those two browsers.
If you are using Chrome then to prevent Chrome or your ad blocker from blocking those sites from sending cookies and pop ups then you need to tell it not to do so, by adding those sites to allow them.
I understand what you are saying but you are wrong. I'm using Chrome, my version is up to date, cookies and pop ups are totally allowed, I did check again. So someone may as well tell whomever needs to know that it is not just an IE and Edge problem.
Old Dec 15 2015, 10:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I understand what you are saying but you are wrong. I'm using Chrome, my version is up to date, cookies and pop ups are totally allowed, I did check again. So someone may as well tell whomever needs to know that it is not just an IE and Edge problem.
Hi ALyceAnn,
Even though you allow both 3rd party cookies and pop ups, your browser is constantly updating which ones it will decide to block. If you are using an ad blocker plugin in Chrome and most do, it can also decide that those are spam and block them. In the case of IE and Edge then it was that everyone was having this problem. That is not the case with Chrome.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 15 2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi ALyceAnn,
Even though you allow both 3rd party cookies and pop ups, your browser is constantly updating which ones it will decide to block. If you are using an ad blocker plugin in Chrome and most do, it can also decide that those are spam and block them. In the case of IE and Edge then it was that everyone was having this problem. That is not the case with Chrome.
I not only checked that they were allowed (cookies and pop ups) I also did the exceptions! So even if what you say is true, it is also Chrome not JUST IE and Edge. Why do I feel that this is pointless. The problem is still on my farm, I did what was suggested and I still have the problem, if everyone insists that I don't because I use Chrome fine, then I will just give up and not bother you again. I love the game and have for years, but heaven forbid there is a problem, its just pointless to let anyone know.

Just for the record, its the same on FireFox. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.

Last edited by AlyceAnn; Dec 15 2015 at 11:16 AM.
Old Dec 15 2015, 11:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I not only checked that they were allowed (cookies and pop ups) I also did the exceptions! So even if what you say is true, it is also Chrome not JUST IE and Edge. Why do I feel that this is pointless. The problem is still on my farm, I did what was suggested and I still have the problem, if everyone insists that I don't because I use Chrome fine, then I will just give up and not bother you again. I love the game and have for years, but heaven forbid there is a problem, its just pointless to let anyone know.

Just for the record, its the same on FireFox. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.
Hi ALyceAnn,
The only thing I can say is hopefully it will start working again. You can report this to Support if you wish as there is nothing more we can do through the forums. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Closed Thread